FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BIG GAMES FOR MY FAVORITES PRO-COLLEGE 11/24-11/25!

<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

BIG GAMES FOR MY FAVORITES PRO-COLLEGE 11/24-11/25!

Ohio State verses Michigan.......big time rivalry. You think of Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler back in the day. Those where the days folks! :D

This Saturday the Wolverines will travel to Ohio for a spanking from OSU! OSU is 11-0 and in first place in the Big Ten....under a suspension sadly. :cry: Michigan is 8-3........ :roll: game is 12:00PM(NOON)...........GO BUCKS!

PRO FOOTBALL: My Cincinnati Bengals are playing like advertised now thankfully after soundly beating the Giants a few weeks ago and...well....Kansas this past Sunday. The Bengals have a record of 5-5 and are 1-3 in their division. Not a good division record folks.......... :cry:

The Bengals will play host to the Raiders this Sunday at 1:00PM. The Raiders have a record of 3-7 and got SPANKED by my Bengals division foe the Ravens this past Sunday 20-55...OUCH! :shock:

What makes this coming Sundays game so special. It is the "home coming" of the Bengals old quarter back Carson Palmer since he asked to be traded back in 2010. That was a very sad affair folks. I had a very short "man crush" on Carson that lasted as long as he was winning! :lol: You know how us fans are people...........

Palmer did a pretty good job for the Bengals in all honestly. It was his actions in wanting to leave Cincinnati that made us fans kind of mad. It's all "water under the bridge" in my opinion! But, I would love to see another crushing loss handed to the Raiders compliments of my Cincinnati Bengals anyway! :D WHO DEY!

Your valued thoughts if any.....................
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 am

Re: BIG GAMES FOR MY FAVORITES PRO-COLLEGE 11/24-11/25!

Did you sign the petition to Obama asking for him to pardon the Buckeyes and place them in the title game? Some people are just a little too crazy. :shock:
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Gotta disagree Chevy33 (just in fun) as it's Go Blue & Maize. Yes you are right about Bo and Woody. Fans from both side thought those two could "walk on water". Since I live in the backyard of Michigan State and several relatives including my husband graduated from MSU I have to keep my fondness for Michigan and the Big House underwraps. I grew up in Michigan country and it's not easy changing from the Blue and Maize.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

ndunn wrote:Gotta disagree Chevy33 (just in fun) as it's Go Blue & Maize. Yes you are right about Bo and Woody. Fans from both side thought those two could "walk on water". Since I live in the backyard of Michigan State and several relatives including my husband graduated from MSU I have to keep my fondness for Michigan and the Big House under wraps. I grew up in Michigan country and it's not easy changing from the Blue and Maize.
Hey ndunn!

Old Chevy39 likes a friendly rivalry with my Michigan neighbors up north of me here in Ohio! :D You know it's always a great game!

Good luck ndunn to your team! :D
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm

chevy39fan wrote:Hey ndunn!

Old Chevy39 likes a friendly rivalry with my Michigan neighbors up north of me here in Ohio! :D You know it's always a great game!

Good luck ndunn to your team! :D

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to say the 'M' word, they're just "those people to the north"
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm

People here at Michigan State and Michigan have a big rivalry and some times it gets out of hand. Michigan State has a statue of Sparty and the Michigan students will try and paint it blue. Well they finally put security on it as the cost of paint removal got to be expensive. Yes the difference between the U of M and Ohio State is something else. My husband and I were talking about this post and I mentioned the coach from Alabama during the Woody and Bo period but we couldn't remember his name. Now that man was a piece of work too. If you remember his name please post. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

chevy39fan

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

ndunn wrote:People here at Michigan State and Michigan have a big rivalry and some times it gets out of hand. Michigan State has a statue of Sparty and the Michigan students will try and paint it blue. Well they finally put security on it as the cost of paint removal got to be expensive. Yes the difference between the U of M and Ohio State is something else. My husband and I were talking about this post and I mentioned the coach from Alabama during the Woody and Bo period but we couldn't remember his name. Now that man was a piece of work too. If you remember his name please post. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Not a clue who that coach might be? :?

Just got home from doing a thing called work! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! :D
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I was pulling for Detroit to finally win one on Thanksgiving, but it wasn't meant to be. :(

GO REDSKINS :!: :!: :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Such a bummer Detroit lost in overtime. The coach I was thinking about from the Crimson Tide Alabama was Paul (Bear) Bryant. Why he slipped out of my mind I'll never know. I've already tried to forget Nick Sabin.
Just for fun chevy MICHIGANMy dad was a Hoosier and my mother was a Buckeye. All my sibling and I are Michiganders. Just a bit of trivia it seems that Senator Abraham Lincoln was the one who started using the word Michigander. The story I read didn't explain why.

<<

chevy39fan

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:31 pm

ndunn wrote:Such a bummer Detroit lost in overtime. The coach I was thinking about from the Crimson Tide Alabama was Paul (Bear) Bryant. Why he slipped out of my mind I'll never know. I've already tried to forget Nick Sabin.
Just for fun chevy MICHIGANMy dad was a Hoosier and my mother was a Buckeye. All my sibling and I are Michiganders. Just a bit of trivia it seems that Senator Abraham Lincoln was the one who started using the word Michigander. The story I read didn't explain why.
I remember Paul Bryant!

Oh and,"GO BUCKS!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm

And down goes Michigan!
Way to go, Buckeye's!
12-0, undefeated, and now - Come On USC!
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

HTower

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 am

SmokeFan14 wrote:12-0, undefeated, and now - Come On USC!

Not that lucky. I'm going to be hearing about Notre Dame football for months now leading up to the National Title game. :(
<<

chevy39fan

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

My Bucks win 12-0......awesome! :D

Bengals on a roll soundly beating the Raiders 34-10! Bengals are now 6-5! :D

The Cleveland Browns beat the Steelers..........YES! :D :D :D :D :D :D

A perfect weekend for a change! :D 8-)

Added bonus: THE RAVENS LOOSING! ;) :shock:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:36 pm

My Steelers lost... waaaaaaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

chevy39fan

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:42 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:My Steelers lost... waaaaaaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The Steelers are waiting on Cincinnati HH! Don't worry, Ben will be back and probably Troy too by the time the Bengals play them down the road! :?
Next

Return to The Lobby