FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hurricane Sandy Relief

<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Hurricane Sandy Relief

Unimaginable destruction, Mother Nature strikes again. Please everyone, if you're able (I've been unemployed since March and I've done it a couple of times since then), text 'REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to their Disaster Relief Fund. It couldn't be easier to do, and if the timing is right, it won't show up until your December bill ;) !
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy Relief

The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews learned they could not help out in New Jersey unless they affiliated with a union.

A six man crew from Decatur Utilities headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees.

The general manager of Decatur Utilities, Ray Hardin told Fox Business they were presented documents from the International Brotherhood of Electric Workers at a staging area in Virginia. The documents stated they had to affiliate with a union to work, which the crews could not agree to.

They attempted to look for work in other areas but because a resolution could not be reached, they made the decision late Thursday night to return home.

Moore said they're frustrated being told "thanks, but no thanks."
**************************************************************************************************************************************

… the heck with the state of New Jersey and as one person put it, let ‘em rot. All because they do not want help from people who do not belong to a union. How pathetic is that? They come from Alabama all the way to New Jersey to help out their fellow Americans. If I was the Governor of Alabama, I would be having a few choice words with the Governor of New Jersey. What a waste of time, energy, and resources.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 am

I read that beave and couldn't believe they'd turn them away. There should be some type of legislation for disaster scenarios to allow out of state non union workers. What a waste...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks for the idea. I actually know people in Washington that could propose things like this. I worked a couple of their political campaigns and we are on a first name basis with each other.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...

Return to The Lobby