Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

WTF is wrong with the world today?????

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 am

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities say a Chicago Bears fan who came to Jacksonville for the Bears-Jaguars football game had his throat slashed inside a bar.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old William C. "Chris" Pettry died early Sunday inside Fionn MacCool's, an Irish-themed restaurant at The Jacksonville Landing.

Twenty-seven-year-old Matthew Hinson is being held without bond on a murder charge. Jacksonville Jail records didn't list an attorney for Hinson.

A news release issued by the sheriff's office on Monday says witnesses told detectives that Hinson cut Pettry's throat, put the bloody knife in his pocket and calmly walked out of the restaurant.

Pettry lived in Lake Villa, Ill., about 50 miles from Chicago.

Pettry's cousin, Quincy Asbury Jr., told The Chicago Tribune that Pettry flew to Florida on Friday to go to the Bears-Jaguars game.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: WTF is wrong with the world today?????

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 am

people are screwballs when it comes to sports, dont they realize its entertainment.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 am

It may have had less to do with the football game, and more to do with the victim talking to the attacker's wife. You have to be smart when you're out at a bar at 2am, celebrating your team's victory in the opposing team's city. Use the buddy system, don't taunt the drunk fans of the opposing team, etc. I'm not saying the victim was at fault, but he could have made smarter choices.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Yup, the article I read in my local paper said the guy was making moves on the other guy's wife, still no excuse, but that's what happens these days.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Few years ago,a man was killed over a freakin' vcr if you can believe it! :?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm

even if the bears fan was at fault for something. I am pretty sure the penalty should never be a slashed throat over it! The dude that did it, definitely has a screw loose.
Post a reply