FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PRE NFL SUNDAY/MONDAY/THURSDAY FOOTBALL!

<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:07 am

PRE NFL SUNDAY/MONDAY/THURSDAY FOOTBALL!

My 3-1 tied for first Cincinnati Bengals will be home this Sunday playing another team from Florida the Dolphins! Not sure how good the Dolphins are? :?

I sometimes dread home games dues to the NFL "black out rule" here in Ohio. They have to sell out a LOT of tickets to sell out! :)

With Reds going into the playoffs. It kind of takes away from the Bengal's as far as attendance and entertainment dollars are concerned. Both stadiums are close to one another! :)

Please tell us about your favorite team if you care to. :D
<<

HTower

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: PRE NFL SUNDAY/MONDAY/THURSDAY FOOTBALL!

The blackout is something I've never understood in other cities. The waiting list to buy season tickets for the Bears is thousands of people long. The Bulls sellout 90% of their NBA games. The Cubs who are horrible are still Top 10 in baseball attendance. How can an NFL team not fill their stadium???
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 am

Here in Tampa, the Bucs had a waiting list for seats several years ago, but not now. Last season, all the home games were blacked out locally. So far this year, both home games were blacked out becuse they couldn't sell 85% of the seats.

I think a lot of it has to do with the down economy. Plus, for the past few years, the Bucs haven't performed well.

They are also having big problems with getting fans to the Tampa Bay Rays games, even when they reach the post-season. Of course, this year, they didn't make it to the post-season.

The Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team does a good job at filling their seats.

Go figure. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 am

HTower wrote:The blackout is something I've never understood in other cities. The waiting list to buy season tickets for the Bears is thousands of people long. The Bulls sellout 90% of their NBA games. The Cubs who are horrible are still Top 10 in baseball attendance. How can an NFL team not fill their stadium???
Cincinnati is a fickle little medium market city. And the Bengals have been a very "unpredictable" pro football team since 1968. The Bengals were at their best early to middle 80's appearing in two Super Bowl losses to Joe Montana and the 49R'S.(82-88) Plus you have a city that is better known for it's pro baseball success being the home of the oldest team in baseball the Cincinnati Reds! :D

In my opinion/observation the inconsistent win/loss record of the Bengals and the death of owner Paul Brown in 1990 and the ridiculous handling of the Bengals by Mike Brown(Paul's son) has attributed to low attendance since 1990! Mike Brown was so cheap and didn't have a clue in running a successful pro football franchise plus an almost non-existent talent scouting department made many fans re-belle by just not going to the games! This was terrible for us die hard fans as far as being able to watch them on TV. MANY black outs! You had to listen to a radio broadcast or wait till late Sunday night for a re-broadcast on TV! :roll:

Year after year Mike Brown would pick "terrible" head coaches and scout terrible athletes and forget about getting any new talent signed and in training camp till half the season was over! You had to have VERY thick skin to be a Cincinnati Bengal's fan trust me! ;)

Mike Brown currently is sluggishly trying to change his ways of doing things. Will the Bengals(Two Super Bowl runner up) ever be as successful as the Steelers(Six Super Bowl wins)...........Sadly, not in my life time. The only true bragging right a Bengals fan can have over the Pittsburgh Steelers is a single game win or division win. We(Bengals fans) cherish that as much as the birth of our first born child! :D
Attachments
41rzpkC45dL.jpg
THE GREAT PAUL BROWN!
41rzpkC45dL.jpg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Return to The Lobby