FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hockey 2013-2014

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am

Hockey 2013-2014

well in case many have not heard, there is a lock out, not thrilled about it, what makes it worse is donald fehr is representing the players, and he was the jerk who always held baseball hostage, so talk it up, talk about your fav players, teams even moments...........
Last edited by michaeljohn on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Hockey 2012-2013

My boys Kane, Toews and Sharp were seen holding a players only practice at a ice rink today.

But I am sick of hearing about lockouts every year...even The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra got locked out (seriously, I'm not making that up).....
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm

To be honest, I still haven't completely gotten over the last lock-out. We're lucky we still have a team and now this crap. It seriously pi$$es me off :evil:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Wasn't it 2006 when they striked? The NHL lost about 2thirds of their fan base the last time that happened.I'm not into ball sports,especially football,so this is really going to suck! :evil:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm

the last bargaining agreement the owners gave the players 57% of the revenue to split, now the owners want to take it back down to 47%, i cant argue with the players, out of all the major sports, hockey players are seriously underpaid, unless your a superstar, but even then compared to stars in sports, still underpaid, hockey is a dangerous sport, there are many death of the ice due to concussions, but it dont get the media attention, because players arent household names, as i brought him up before,

derek boogaard former wild/ranger player, he was an enforcer, back in oct of 2010 he got a concussion, he was out for months, he couldnt even get on the ice without throwing up, then in may of 2011 he took some Oxycontin and died, he had become addicted to it, due to the pain, they donated his brain to research and discovered from all the hits he took to the head, his brain had progressed to that of someone that was 65, and he was only 28,

so i guess im sayin im on the side of the players even tho i am not a fan of donald fehr
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 pm

We've had a problem keeping our team hoping whoever bought it would keep them here. They have a beautiful arena that was built for them but they've had problems filling the seats. They're so expensive partly because it was a new area they developed for sports. The Cardinals stadium is down the street from the hockey arena and they built a business park with hotels, restaurants, businesses, theaters, and, of course, shopping. There is nothing cheap in the area, no fast food, not even moderately expensive restaurants. We went there one time just to walk around the shopping area and decided to get some lunch. Well, the cheapest burger they had was 10.00. If they would have thrown like a 5 Guys or Fat Burger in there, they'd get some business. Sorry, didn't mean to drag this out. Point is, the whole area is overpriced, especially the hockey and football tickets. I love my hockey, but I just won't sit in the nosebleed seats. I like to be down by the action. The best seats I ever had were down on the glass right next to the visiting teams penalty box. That is a blast. You'd never guess it but I can be a devil at times... :shock:

This is going to be bad news for my team, they were just starting to come around and so were the fans. Oh well, what can you do

I'm on the players side as well and it's not only hockey, but football and boxing. Look at Ali, they blame his Parkinson's syndrome on boxing. And there's a lot they still don't know about how injuries affect players later in life. It's very sad
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 am

i believe you mean the diamondbacks rochelle not the cards, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yes u know me, i like to correct mistakes first, as far as i know the NHL owns the coyotes, but had a potential buyer after last season, not sure how that panned out, especially with the lock-out,

it boggles the mind what states spend on gettin stadiums built, the MN Vikings are finally getting a new stadium, and its gonna cost close to a 900 million dollars, just think what that could do for education or health care, but every state and city is guilty of it...
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i believe you mean the diamondbacks rochelle not the cards, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yes u know me, i like to correct mistakes first, as far as i know the NHL owns the coyotes, but had a potential buyer after last season, not sure how that panned out, especially with the lock-out,

it boggles the mind what states spend on gettin stadiums built, the MN Vikings are finally getting a new stadium, and its gonna cost close to a 900 million dollars, just think what that could do for education or health care, but every state and city is guilty of it...

haha, no mj, the Coyotes don't play downtown anymore by the DB's. They're out in Glendale with the Cards. No offense, but how stupid would I be if I didn't know where my teams played? Both the Coyotes and the Cards have the newer arena and newer stadium both in Glendale. The Coyotes have a buyer but now they're squabbling over the leasing of the stadium with the city of Glendale. The Suns basketball team still plays at the US Airways Center, downtown, where the Coyotes used to play. That is a few blocks from Chase Field where the DB's play. :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm

set me up, so that is a foul, you are suppose to mention the league of a team not just the name, shame on you and because of that, my original statement stands and will go on record as the correct statement :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Set you up? Oh, was I supposed to mention Az Cardinals football team? I'm guessing that's what you meant, otherwise, I haven't a clue... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We just call them the Cards around here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not a baseball fan and I have never been to a Dbacks game. Yes, it's my pitiful boycott of the additional sales tax they levied to build their new stadium a few years back. Agree or not about that, doesn't matter to me. I do have some principals.

I had way too much Dodgers baseball crammed down my throat growing up. My mother was a huge fan and would literally scream at either the radio or tv, whichever the game was on. Now I just detest baseball. Unamerican? Don't care, can't make me :D
<<

gkbacb

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm with you on the baseball thing Rochelle, I always say if you wanna have the best nap put on a baseball game, out like a light in 10 seconds.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:06 am

The parents of former NHL player Derek Boogaard -- who died last year -- have filed a $9.8 million lawsuit against the NHL Player's Association, claiming the org. FAILED to take the proper steps to help them collect the balance on Derek's NHL contract after he passed away.

28-year-old Derek died on May 13, 2011 from a fatal mixture of drugs and alcohol.

In the lawsuit, Derek's parents claim he was addicted to prescription pills at the time of his death ... partly because he had been prescribed "a multitude of narcotics and sleeping pills by both the team doctors, physicians, trainers, and dentists of the New York Rangers and the Minnesota Wild."

Because Derek's parents believe the NHL teams are partly responsible for their son's death, they turned to the NHL PA which promised to help them file a grievance to get the Rangers to pay out the rest of Derek's multi-million dollar 4-year contract with the team.

But, according to the lawsuit, the NHL PA failed to file the grievance by the required deadline, so the Boogaards were unable to collect ... and now the Boogaards are ####.

Derek's parents are demanding the NHL PA make things right by shelling out the $4.8 million PLUS $5 million in punitive damages.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:15 am

Hopefully they'll get at least some of the season in...if not, I hope they put on college hockey. I forgot who, but somebody had on the college game of the week last year...good stuff. :)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:22 am

the nbc sports channel would show college games on friday, the nhl would do that once in awhile, luckily i have the big ten network and they show many hockey games there.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 am

Here ya go hockey fans. THIS musta been a H3LLUVA good time in that bar room that nite.

.....By Adam Gretz | Blogger
October 20, 2012 12:37 pm ET

:shock: 8-) :lol: :D

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

That's about the only way to describe what took place at R Bar in Columbus, Ohio, on Friday night when the Blue Jackets' radio announcers, George Matthews and Bill Davidge, showed up during the third period of a video game simulation of what was supposed to be the Blue Jackets' home opener against the Vancouver Canucks.

The announcers then went on to call the game like it was actually happening to the delight of the bar patrons.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
Next

Return to The Lobby