FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just watch Andre Ward

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 am

Just watch Andre Ward

Destroy the light heavy weight Champion of the world, Chad Dawson.
I 1st saw Ward in the Super 6 tournament, & watched him since his upset of Kessler. I am not sure if there is a more complete fighter out there.
He can out box you, out brawl you.

Mayweather is lucky Ward is to big for those two to fight. otherwise mayweather would have to duck another opponent.

Speaking of possible opponents for mayweather. There is a guy named Gennady Golovkin who I watched destroy a top opponent making him 24-0 with 21 KOs the guy is a beast & very disciplined. Mayweather might want to duck him as well. He is a young guy.

Ward is quickly becoming my favorite boxer. A defensive fighter that punishes. who would have thunk it!
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:09 am

Re: Just watch Andre Ward

Just a quick?? there Schmoop..Do you remember a guy back in the 80's by the name of Charlie "White Lightning" Brown???? You know, lost to Arroyo for the title back in I think it was '84. Ol' high school friend of mine. We played baseball together until our Junior yr in HS. He got a bit tooooo cocky in the Arroyo title fight and got TKO'd in the 8th and If I remember correctly he was ahead on all scorecards until he f$cked up and got lazy......All it takes is one "OOOOPS".
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

I don't know about ducking opponents...I'd blame that on the promoters...and even so, going 40+ fights w/o a defeat gives you special treatment in my book.

The boxing industry is as crooked as a dog's hind leg in my book
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:46 pm

jamo14 wrote:I don't know about ducking opponents...I'd blame that on the promoters...and even so, going 40+ fights w/o a defeat gives you special treatment in my book.

The boxing industry is as crooked as a dog's hind leg in my book

no doubt mayweather has earned what he has. but I think he is being careful who he fights now (old age & all hehe) Think he will protect that undefeated streak instead of going after the best.

After the Golovkin fight I watched. It was his 1st fight in the US. That what was all that was important to him, but I am not sure if any of the top fighters will fight the guy. The guy said he would fight anyone. He would go up in weight or down in weight. he didnt care.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Just a quick?? there Schmoop..Do you remember a guy back in the 80's by the name of Charlie "White Lightning" Brown???? You know, lost to Arroyo for the title back in I think it was '84. Ol' high school friend of mine. We played baseball together until our Junior yr in HS. He got a bit tooooo cocky in the Arroyo title fight and got TKO'd in the 8th and If I remember correctly he was ahead on all scorecards until he f$cked up and got lazy......All it takes is one "OOOOPS".

no, I dont remember that guy sorry.
yeah all it takes is one punch to change a career.
but Ward has awesome defense on top of fighting any style (so it seems) & has great discipline. I was worried at 1st with Ward fighting the champion from a weight class higher than his. But his skill prevailed. Like I said he is becoming one of my favorites.
My favorite fighter all time was J.C. Chavez (sr)
I just cant take Jr. seriously & watching 24/7 you can tell he just isnt as dedicated. Sergio should mop the floor with him.
ImageImageImage

Return to The Lobby