FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch & NHRA (stories & pics)

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Kurt Busch & NHRA (stories & pics)

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Kurt Busch & NHRA (stories & pics)

Too bad for Kurt. :(

Sun Mar 13 01:31pm EDT

Kurt Busch falls in first round of NHRA Pro Stock Gatornationals

By Nick Bromberg

Kurt Busch's first trip to the NHRA finals was over in less than seven seconds on Sunday.

Busch, who got his Pro Stock license in November with the goal of competing this weekend, lost to Erica Enders in the first round of the Pro Stock division of the NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.

Enders, the fourth seed ran a 6.538 seconds (211.69 MPH) to Busch's 6.541 (211.59 MPH). Not unexpectedly, Enders' biggest advantage was off the starting line, with a reaction time of 0.021 to Busch's 0.04.

Busch, who was seeded 12th, had a terrible Friday of qualifying. In his two passes Friday, Busch didn't even get down the track, shaking the tires on his first run and was late to stage his car on the second.

That put him in a hole for Saturday, but he was able to make a nice run on his first qualifying attempt on Saturday, running a 6.532 to get into the field.

The Pro Stock division may be the NHRA's toughest division, so Busch making the final 16 of the 21 cars that attempted the race is no small feat. The top three qualifiers in the Pro Stock division all ran 6.495, and the final qualifier posted a time of 6.587.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

daniluvs14

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm

i thought he did good his first time out. saturday everyone was spinning the tirs on the line. sunday was better.. congrats to kubu!!
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm

everyone here loves when tony does something, i think its great when any driver goes out of their comfort zone and tries something new,( as i stated in another thread, before i was verbally abused for asking a question)
even tho he didnt "win" he did a good job and got some experience, maybe next yr, his 3rd yr is the charm......

Return to The Lobby