FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 am

IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

Let's talk openly about this race team.

Some how the racing gods have blessed this race team with all the tools for Nascar racing success. I'm not saying they are cheating but then where does there advantage come into play? :? You mean to tell me that there suspension set ups are that superior to all other teams? Chad can "mind link" with Jimmie and will the car to Victory Lane? Jimmie Johnson's body has less wind drag than all other drivers? Has Chad reversed engineered a UFO and is using their technology? To be the very best, don't you need an advantage. What could it be folks? :? STOP THE MADNESS............(sorry) :D

When ever the #48 has ANY problems, I cheer like a high school cheerleader! Sorry, can't help it. :D

I'm most perplexed by the fact there are so many other race cars that are "copy cats" of the #48 but yet on race day, they are left in the dust! Can this race team be that much better? :?

We all get sick of any sporting event that is dominated by one team or individual.... unless we are a fan of said? I'm not sure if I could handle so much success if I was a Team #48 fan. My expectations would be set so high that the let down would give me massive depression! :D

Bottom line:"Is it good for Nascar having such a dominate race team as the #48?"
Attachments
527473_10151018274371849_763495933_n.jpg
KRISSIE'S COOKING IS NOT DOING ME ANY GOOD...I CAN BARELY FIT IN THE CAR!
527473_10151018274371849_763495933_n.jpg (93.4 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 am

Re: IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

NASCAR survived with Gordon winning nearly everything in sight in the late '90s, Waltrip winning everything in the early '80s, and all the other runs of dominance. It might not be good for NASCAR, per se, but it isn't bad either. It is what it is.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am

I don't know about the dominance......If my memory is correct, Tony is the NASCAR champion, until Homestead this year and if he holds true to form, he will win the Fight for Four...

But when ever Jimmie wins there is the always the thought, what did Chad do to the car?? Especially when it is that much better than every car on the track!! Even his teammates....

WHAT WAS WITH THE PURPLE VELVET PILLOWS ON THE FINISH LINE....GIVE ME A BREAK.......REALLY!!
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 am

Smoke14TS wrote:NASCAR survived with Gordon winning nearly everything in sight in the late '90s, Waltrip winning everything in the early '80s, and all the other runs of dominance. It might not be good for NASCAR, per se, but it isn't bad either. It is what it is.
Thanks for responding Smoke 14TS!

My favorite driver Ryan Newman very obviously has never come close to winning a Championship. If I thought it was his driving skills, I would call him out on that. But, I have never seen it that way since 2002. So in knowing that, your driver needs to win the "good race team " lottery in order for him to have even a remote chance at a Championship. Even having great race cars mean nothing unless the race team is capable of balancing the race car for maximum handling.

Tony Stewart came from an excellent run racing organization in Gibbs. Newman did not. Penske has never won a Nascar Championship and so far S/H has not given Ryan Newman all the tools he needs to be a Championship race team. As a fan, all I can do is wait it out........ :D
Attachments
313127_10151018278171849_1797430267_n.jpg
RYAN: "HERE'S THAT PICTURE OF DANICA!".........OTHER GUY: "THAT'S GIBSON BLOWING CHUNKS RYAN AFTER THAT S/H PARTY!"
313127_10151018278171849_1797430267_n.jpg (90.14 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Annalee wrote:I don't know about the dominance......If my memory is correct, Tony is the NASCAR champion, until Homestead this year and if he holds true to form, he will win the Fight for Four...

But when ever Jimmie wins there is the always the thought, what did Chad do to the car?? Especially when it is that much better than every car on the track!! Even his teammates....

WHAT WAS WITH THE PURPLE VELVET PILLOWS ON THE FINISH LINE....GIVE ME A BREAK.......REALLY!!
Obviously my driver may be on the outside looking in AGAIN!(hope not) I get so tired of seeing such a great driver going to waste..........

The purple pillows I think have something to do with Crown Royal? Either that or Jimmie has been anointed as a Nascar god? His fan base is spoiled rotten! :roll:
Attachments
524169_10151018277291849_712756928_n.jpg
AAAWWW!
524169_10151018277291849_712756928_n.jpg (56.98 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

I don't pay attention to Chad as his attitude stinks but we all knewJimmie was upset that he didn't win his championship # 6. I think the book-end caused by the 14 team put the 48 team in a gear no one else can touch. That "will" Tony put into the last 10 races to win his 3rd is basically what the 48 is using now. Big Daddy Rick has turned his pockets inside out to make sure that 6th is theirs and now it's up to Chad and especially Jimmie to bring it on home. As for former years, yes they had times when people couldn't stand Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, Darrell Waltrip and even Dale Earnhardt plus many others for all the wins they have. It is the sport. Does anyone think we have gotten way to involved in something we can't control? I know I have. I didn't jump up and down yesterday yelling " Ain't that great" when Jimmie crossed the finish line and I wasn't sorry I didn't pic him for first place. Last time I DID HE WRECKED. Oop's maybe I should have. I stand alone in my opinions as they are mine and I stand by this post.
I am not a politician but grew up around them and some of it rubbed off.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:21 am

ndunn wrote:I don't pay attention to Chad as his attitude stinks but we all knew Jimmie was upset that he didn't win his championship # 6. I think the book-end caused by the 14 team put the 48 team in a gear no one else can touch. That "will" Tony put into the last 10 races to win his 3rd is basically what the 48 is using now. Big Daddy Rick has turned his pockets inside out to make sure that 6th is theirs and now it's up to Chad and especially Jimmie to bring it on home. As for former years, yes they had times when people couldn't stand Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, Darrell Waltrip and even Dale Earnhardt plus many others for all the wins they have. It is the sport. Does anyone think we have gotten way to involved in something we can't control? I know I have. I didn't jump up and down yesterday yelling " Ain't that great" when Jimmie crossed the finish line and I wasn't sorry I didn't pic him for first place. Last time I DID HE WRECKED. Oop's maybe I should have. I stand alone in my opinions as they are mine and I stand by this post.
I am not a politician but grew up around them and some of it rubbed off.
I keep forgetting this is a Patrick,Newman,Stewart site with fans of all three conversing. I was so use to "Newman only fans" talking about Newman! :D

The Stewart fans on here are good people! Let's be honest, Newman is no threat as far as competition to Stewart so all is well. I think if Newman had a shot at a Championship, you folks would support Newman........or am I on something? :lol:

We are all open minded here and I like that. Say what ever you want.........

I have a very strong political view but choose to be as quiet as possible about it.......most of the time! :D

My best friend is a Jimmie Johnson fan. He rubs it in every chance he can. I also have a good friend who loves the Pittsburgh Steelers and I'm a Cincinnati Bengal's fan. It's added stress in my life but I can deal with it! :D
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 pm

chevy39fan wrote:
Annalee wrote:I don't know about the dominance......If my memory is correct, Tony is the NASCAR champion, until Homestead this year and if he holds true to form, he will win the Fight for Four...

Obviously my driver may be on the outside looking in AGAIN!(hope not) I get so tired of seeing such a great driver going to waste..........

The purple pillows I think have something to do with Crown Royal? Either that or Jimmie has been anointed as a Nascar god? His fan base is spoiled rotten! :roll:

1st off, I've never understood why they say "defending world champion"...I mean, no one's gonna take away the trophy if a driver (or team) loses an event the following year....last year was last year...there is no champion yet for this year.

Secondly....Whoever won that race was going to kneel on the purple pillows and kiss the bricks because Crown Royal was the primary sponsor of the event (The YOUR NAME HERE Crown Royal at The Brickyard 400)...There's only 1 racing event I know of where the winner is literally crowned

Thirdly, there's only 1 other NASCAR race that gets more attention (and money) than this one....everybody just gets their panties in a bunch when the 48 wins. I'm not a fan of his, but it doesn't ruin my day when someone other than my favorite driver doesn't win, not even when the 48 wins (who still hasn't matched the win total in 1 season of wonderboy)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 pm

this topic is talked about more than ryan leaving SHR or a crew chief...

what dominance are we talking about, this year??? last year they fell apart and won 2 races, had lousy runs and pit stops, but a championship team will work on its mistakes and try to improve, and this year they have with their pit stops, and if your gonna win a race, isnt it better to control the whole race then just luck into it? tony won 5 of 10, that is dominance, last i checked tony and brad also had 3 wins, so maybe that should be addressed... they had a awesome race yesterday and the fans howled and let him know they liked it, that was a big pop for him to get from a crowd yesterday, but as one member likes to point out, its chad that does it all not JJ.

larry mac said something two years ago that made sense and normally i dont listen to him, but he said,
"dont hate the 48 because they win all the time, be mad that the driver and team you like dont step up to beat them. he is 100% correct, so the question is why isnt your team stepping up and knocking the 48 team down? it can be done, tony did it.

the pillows are part of crown royal, boy i cant wait for someone here to #### n moan about JJ's lil girl kissing the bricks,
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 pm

MJ, she was the smartest one in the whole bunch........I loved the fact in the beginning Genevieve would have no part of "Kissing the Bricks"....Daddy must have promissed her something big! The photo is priceless, the best they took all day....glad you posted it.

The pillows, I don't think so!! Really... Giving a bottle of Crown Royal to each member of the team........now that is a much better idea!!

chevy39...
I too have JJ friends.....feel your pain!! :lol:
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Understand, that when I bring up any topic about Jimmie Johnson it is never directed at anyone. Just as you are free to speak about Ryan Newman or any other driver.

Team #48 is obviously a talking point for two reason with me. They are the very best/most consistent in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series. And, Ryan and Jimmie debuted the very same year in 2002. Like I said, Jimmie won the best of everything lottery when he got the #48 race team. I'm glad for him! Yes Jimmie is very marketable with his looks and is a #### of a wheel man!

Newman like some drivers has had great success driving all kinds of racing vehicles. He's won in the Nascar Sprint(Winston),Nationwide(Bush),ARCA,Camping World and Whelen Modified so in knowing that........he's a #### of a wheel man too! His "open wheel" accomplishments are huge! This is why I know if Ryan had the support a great pro needs.......he too could win a Championship! ;)
Attachments
9.jpg
TONY: "I HATED YOU BACK IN OUR OPEN WHEEL DAYS"....NEWMAN: "YEA I KNOW, IS THAT WHY YOU GAVE ME SUCH A BAD RACE TEAM NOW?"(LOL)
9.jpg (101.58 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:19 pm

I've been reading all the posts lately and what it tells me is nothing will ever change except Jimmie someday will be in a situation like Jeff. If he could Jeff would buy a race as we all thought Dale Jr. might have to do. We still call Petty the King which I think is a little overboard but that started years ago. Richard is in his 70's so guess who we will be talking about 40 years from now. It'll be that da** Johnson who won 10 championships before he cashed all his chips in. No one but no one will forget the chase of 2011 when good ole Tony Stewart edged into the chase and blew it up. He had to drive a perfect race, come from behind again and again pass more cars than he could imagine and win the race. It blew more peoples minds than one big tornado. It caused more talk, people paying attention to their teams, and strategy that has passed into the next season. He also picked up five wins during the chase. It was a great season. Since this is 2012 we may have another streak that is as awesome as last year. We have no idea who it will be as there is a bunch of guys looking towards it. It will be fun for some but not so for others. What we can do is enjoy!
Last edited by ndunn on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

ndunn wrote:I've been reading all the posts lately and what it tells me is nothing will ever change except Jimmie someday will be in a situation like Jeff. If he could Jeff would buy a race as we all thought Dale Jr. might have to do. We still call Petty the King which I think is a little overboard but that started years ago. Richard is in his 70's so guess who we will be talking about 40 years from now. It'll be that da** Johnson who won 10 championships before he cashed all his chips in. No one but no one will forget the chase of 2011 when good ole Tony Stewart edged into the chase and blue it up. He had to drive a perfect race, come from behind again and again pass more cars than he could imagine and win the race. It blew more peoples minds than one big tornado. It caused more talk, people paying attention to their teams, and strategy that has passed into the next season. He also picked up five wins during the chase. It was a great season. Since this is 2012 we may have another streak that is as awesome as last year. We have no idea who it will be as there is a bunch of guys looking towards it. It will be fun for some but not so for others. What we can do is enjoy!
I also was so thrilled to see Goliath(JJ) NOT win his sixth Championship! I mean come on, give it a rest!

Ryan is never a threat to anyone's Championship unfortunately.......but you know Tony will be sharing set up notes to make sure Newman can get into the Chase! Look for Newman and Team #39 to be very competitive the rest of this racing season! ;)
Attachments
488038_10151018274726849_1834759021_n.jpg
GIBSON: "THE SIZZLER HAS A SALAD BAR AND DIET COKE GUYS...COME ON!"
488038_10151018274726849_1834759021_n.jpg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:35 pm

My BFF is a Jimmie Johnson fan and I'm taking her to her first ever race in Richmond in September. She has thrown the success of JJ and Chad in my face for years. We give each other grief when our driver wins for sure.

Jimmie himself seems like a really nice guy so how can he not be good for the sport? And Chad is the villain who right OR wrong takes all the heat. That Chad has a strong constitution so how can you not have respect for him. The day they were married...er uh...matched together was magic.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 pm

ndunn wrote:I've been reading all the posts lately and what it tells me is nothing will ever change except Jimmie someday will be in a situation like Jeff. If he could Jeff would buy a race as we all thought Dale Jr. might have to do. We still call Petty the King which I think is a little overboard but that started years ago. Richard is in his 70's so guess who we will be talking about 40 years from now. It'll be that da** Johnson who won 10 championships before he cashed all his chips in. No one but no one will forget the chase of 2011 when good ole Tony Stewart edged into the chase and blue it up. He had to drive a perfect race, come from behind again and again pass more cars than he could imagine and win the race. It blew more peoples minds than one big tornado. It caused more talk, people paying attention to their teams, and strategy that has passed into the next season. He also picked up five wins during the chase. It was a great season. Since this is 2012 we may have another streak that is as awesome as last year. We have no idea who it will be as there is a bunch of guys looking towards it. It will be fun for some but not so for others. What we can do is enjoy!

nd, bein a JJ and ryan fan, if people wanna roll over and give JJ the championship because of yesterday, im all for it, people want to argue and complain about the 48 team winning, like i said in my previous statement, work a lil harder to defeat them, and if no one can oh well, 7 championships wont be far away, Mr H wants the best, he gives his teams the best, he gives SHR great equipment, but not the brain power to figure it out, it didnt bother me when Sr had his run, or gordon had his, every generation has that driver who dominates, and this time it is JJ, but if you heard JJ talk after the race, you wouldnt know he is that guy, he doesnt throw it in anybody's face, he is proud of what he accomplished, but also humbled by it to, he works hard to be where he is at, he gets up everyday at 5am to work out 2-3 hours a day, chad works endless hours at the garage to the point he doesnt have much of a personal life, so the team can be successful, you get back what you put out, and they deserve every ounce of success and praise that comes their way, so does any driver that wins a championship, i always enjoy your post because you see things down the middle....
Next

Return to The Lobby