FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

From A Non-NASCAR Fan...

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 pm

From A Non-NASCAR Fan...

I found this posted on another forum from a non-race fan who lives near Bristol and is NOT looking forward to the traffic & people that descend on Bristol, TN twice a year for the races:

Non-
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

I think they should just move away from Bristol, TN if they dislike it so much. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: From A Non-NASCAR Fan...

Doesn't surprise me in any way HH. We are a nation of whiners. Especially if your pushing your own personal agenda! ;)
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Boy, ain't that the truth!! ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:07 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:I found this posted on another forum from a non-race fan who lives near Bristol and is NOT looking forward to the traffic & people that descend on Bristol, TN twice a year for the races:

Non-
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

I think they should just move away from Bristol, TN if they dislike it so much. ;) :lol:

Let's find the guy's address and send him a few pairs of earplugs and some hotel brochures. :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 am

The poster said that on race weekends, the locals had to either hunker down & stay put or leave the area and get a hotel room. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 am

I say we use this person's neighborhood to drive all the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide, & Camping World trucks and cars as well as all the haulers. :twisted:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:15 am

i can understand where this person is coming from and how they feel, not that it compares to it, but every fall there is a bike marathon and the street my house is on is part of the course, so from 6am to 6pm we are trapped in our house and a couple thousand people invade our neighborhood, sure its a pain in the rear, but it doesnt take away of how much i love my house and the area that surrounds it, ive been dealing with it for 11 years, 12 hrs out of a year wont kill me, the people attending are very respectful and friendly so it no biggie.....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

39_newman

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Wonder how the economy and taxes would look if it weren't for those two races a year and the other "non-NASCAR" events that take place there left.
No sky too high...
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

A lot like taking a ski resort out of a ski resort town. :shock:
<<

im4tony

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:51 pm

non athletic... He should review the stats on Denny Hamlin that was recorded on a device he swallowed. If that doesn't tell you how good a shape drivers are , I don't know what does.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't know the size of Bristol but I do know the size of Brooklyn, Mi which is close to Michigan International Speedway. I'm sure people get annoyed at all the noise, traffic, and other things but I will say the folks who make their living on a retail basis never complain. In some cases the two races makes their year. In fact the town tries their best to make everyone welcome. The races brings people to the camping places which puts money into the tourist industry. I'm surprised that Bristol has that attitude as about all they have is a few miles or more down the road is Dollywood.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Having been there a couple of times.......I don't know who this person is but he/she must be the only ones!! They love NASCAR in Bristol .... There is nothing around there except the Track.......without the races I don't know what would support their economy, it would be nothing but farm land and certainly no Bristol city.....the track is in a valley and when those engines start it "RUMBLES,AND I REALLY MEAN IT RUMBLES!!!!! BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SO SPECIAL....IT STIRS YOUR SOUL.....BUT I LOVE IT AND THERE IS NO OTHER TRACK LIKE IT...You can't describe the experience.
That's why they call it "Thunder Valley" :shock: :shock:

There is always one in every crowd..... I suggest calling "TWO MEN AND A TRUCK".....Cause the track is there to stay.

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

39_newman

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Bottm line...I'm sure the folks in Bristol, INDIANA would welcome the move if they'd like to just pick it up and go...lol. Heck, they wouldn't even have to re-name it.
No sky too high...
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:33 pm

The neighborhood near (and next to) Indianapolis Motor Speedway embrace the traffic. Beyond the neighborhood is a huge free grass parking lot to park in, but you better have good walking shoes...OR you can pay a homeowner to use their driveway closer to the Speedway. The free parking lot is GREAT if your tickets are on turn 4....anywhere else, not so much. It takes about an hour to walk from your car (parked deep in the Coke Lot) to successfully find your seat in Turn 1. Longer if your seats are in turn 2. There is parking inside the facility, but it's full by 7am on Indy500 morning.

This guy should be able to find some way to benefit from all the traffic twice a year. It's a good place to make some money somehow.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:02 pm

...or he could get his vendors license for the two weekends and sell stuff from his yard and make a killing. Just sell when people are on their way in and on their way out each day. I know that is what I would do.
Next

Return to The Lobby