FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

Cue the tomatoes. I think Ryan is an awesome guy but I think you are correct in saying that what you currently see is the best you are going to get with this current group.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

oooooooooooo if i had a tomato, i would wait for you to wear a white tony shirt n POW, hit ya, or the old standard rub it in your face :P
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:47 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Cue the tomatoes. I think Ryan is an awesome guy but I think you are correct in saying that what you currently see is the best you are going to get with this current group.
No tomatoes here Doc! Honest replies keep this site going. :)

I don't like Newman's support team at all but we are stuck with it for now. What you see is what you get! :D
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 am

Ok, is the spam getting worse or was that a tomato all over my screen?

Seriously though, although many think JJ's dominance is not good for NASCAR and yes, maybe attendance or viewership may be down, but it's not Jimmie's fault. You can tell by the number of negative comments on NASCAR.com. They might not like it, but they're watching or listening or paying attention. What's bad for NASCAR is the economy, the endless time-filling babble of the ill spoken witless drones calling the races and yes, Jimmie Johnson. Just kidding on the last one. I was one of the biggest JJ haters (dislike is more accurate). But WTH, how do you honestly argue with 5 consecutive championships? You can't, don't even try, it just makes you look clueless and stupid. I'm so tired of the "must be cheating" attitude. And please, I was one of the most "tunnel visioned" of anyone. Truth is, they did everything better than anyone with the same restrictions as anybody else. If you can't respect that, you're not a true fan of racing. Even when they were caught "cheating", they were better. With all the penalties, they were still better. Grow up people, feel lucky you're watching history being made. He is a Hall of Fame driver, and keep hoping that you're favorite driver drives well enough to be in the same class as Jimmie. If Jr were running as well, I bet my life that no one would have a thread so entitled as this one. I was not a NASCAR fan until 2001, but not because of Dale Sr. I started working for a company that had 2 Busch series cars. I couldn't, for the life of me, understand how so many people watched a sport in which the drivers went round and round. That fall I went to my first NASCAR race and I was hooked. Short story even longer, expect more from your driver and don't begrudge those who get better results. It's a sport of 1/1000's and anything is possible. Enjoy the races and appreciate the passion and entertainment it provides.

PEACE, out
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Rochelle is right. The sport is there for those who care to learn all there is to know about racing, support of those who race, those who sponsor, the race team and the people who invested money to make sure there is a team to race. The track owners count as they have to race somewhere and it goes on and on for crew chiefs, engineers. tire people, sponsors who see to it the money is there for the teams to beable to compete. As far as the fans go well that is a nobrainer because when we don't show up the racing stops. We can gripe all we want to about everything but we have very little power outside of our attendance so I think the best thing is to enjoy what we have. I'd love it if Tony won a championship every year like last year but those don't happen very often. Do I care that JJ is on his way to perhaps a 6th championship? Not really as I'm not a fan of his but I do have to admire what he has done in the past and also his crew. He couldn't do it alone like they did in the "good ole days" we also have to admit he probably has the best equipment out there. I have to enjoy what is going on or I wouldn't waste my time. Does NASCAR have problems? They sure do because if the fans don't show up they have nothing.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:25 pm

You guys can imagine how frustrated us Ryan Newman fans are. We haven't had the luxury of our driver winning a Nascar Championship. He can barely make the Chase! :cry:

I don't knock Ryan because any intelligent Nascar fan knows Newman's driving abilities have NEVER been questioned in his quest for a Championship. It's always been a combination of his "bad" racing luck and bad support. I put that on S/H....not Ryan! Gibson is a great guy but has not proven to me/Ryan and Nascar he is worthy of the Crew Chief position! :D

I guess that expression,"It is what it is" seems a very passive attitude. Team #39 is broke and does need fixing. I know, have to wait it out! ;)
Attachments
599298_10150897139896849_1123104696_n.jpg
NEWMAN: "SERIOUSLY, THIS IS GIBSONS REPLACEMENT...I HEAR HE'S GOOD!"
599298_10150897139896849_1123104696_n.jpg (111.31 KiB) Viewed 605 times
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:23 am

How did I miss this thread?

Okay so everyone knows here that Jimmie is one of the five people that I actually hate. He seems like a nice guy, he is a good driver. But there is just something about him. When he first came to cup he was really cocky and a prick. Though he has matured. I wouldn't say he is dominating right now though. He is strong. But he isn't closing like he used to be able to. And some days you wonder how on earth is he so fast? Chad has his past which has tainted JJ's championships. JJ was just some nobody nw driver who had a fluke nw win due to Ryan Newman blowing a tire and a fuel mileage race until Jeff Gordon spotted him. Gordon saw that he had the HMS fit (corporate drone) and saw he could drive. Then he puts him with this young buck crew chief who was able to win poles with Stacy Compton and gives him his 2001 championship cars. Casey Mears would have won in those cars. But anyway. JJ's run was bad for the sport. It got predictable and annoying. To add some perspective he won his first championship while I was in the eighth grade. He won his most recent one when I was a senior in high school. I really want to see what he does without Chad. I am sure he isn't going to run mid pack all of a sudden. But he isn't going to be running like he is now. He has yet to really struggle like any other driver (even Tony or Jeff Gordon drivers I would say haven't really had a bad year in their careers). The best thing for this sport was when Tony won the title. Tony is larger than life. Yet he is an everyman. Fans identify with him. With JJ we just see this perfect guy. He is too perfect. And I will admit that annoys me. His life is too perfect. I hate seeing JJ win, I hate seeing him have good finishes. I hate seeing him have any type of success. If he were to get kidnapped and we never heard from him again I would be okay with that (does that make me a bad person?).
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 am

as i post here often a quote from larry mac back at the beginning of 2010,

"dont hate JJ and the 48 because they win all the time, hate the fact that your favorite driver or team doesn't step up to beat them."

its that simple.. so far one man has stopped them.

i do know this much if it was anyone you and it was your favorite driver that went on a run like this, you would all find a way to justify how great it is... but too many spend time on making up excuses and finding any reason they can to discredit Johnson, funny thing tho, at the end of the day, doesnt matter, it doesnt even matter what i think, history will find a place for him, and if he never wins a championship again it wont effect the company that he keeps, and right now he is standing real close to Petty and Sr.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am

Not sure I can add much more than what has been said already.

I too dislike Team #48 as I have said many times. And it's not directed at anyone, just one mans opinion! My best friend is a JJ fan. When ANYTHING happens to the #48(as long as no one gets hurt)I cheer and laugh out loud with a fist pump. I do the same thing every pro/college football season. Nothing personal..............

I have always said many times that Jimmie and Team #48 are the best in Sprint Cup Series Nascar racing bar none! If your not a Team #48 fan, you wish your favorite race team was as good as them!

You can imagine how I feel as a long time Ryan Newman fan and watching him struggle for many years with so much bad racing luck and year after year of inconsistency. Yes, it does get old believe me! What keeps me staying a fan is total dedication to Ryan as a human being and knowing as a diver.........there's "NONE" better in Nascar! Only the novice race fan would judge Team #39 being bad because of Newman's driving abilities. But to the average drive by race fan. They say,"Newman just doesn't have it this year!" Is he perfect?..........close to it! ;) :D
Attachments
179549_10150946582571849_1961777814_n.jpg
JUDGE ME AS THE NASCAR DRIVER OF A TEAM...THE REST IS UP TO THE TEAM!
179549_10150946582571849_1961777814_n.jpg (124.41 KiB) Viewed 585 times
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm

JJ and Chad are the best driver and crew chief combo out there. But I have always believed this, JJ owes all of his success to Chad. And that isn't really a dig at JJ. It just means that Chad is just that instrumental in his success.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry, but as brilliant as Chad is, he doesn't drive the car. It's a team sport, duh. He's not out there saving the car from wrecks or saving gas as required or driving across the finish line. When you hate someone that much, why do you feel the need to inflict others with with your negative attitude? Life is not always fair, deal with it, ignore it, but move on.

I absolutely hate Sniffle, but I said I didn't like him and left it at that.

It was so nice and peaceful on here before you reared your ugly head again. I don't think anyone on this site will refute that fact.

Get over the JJ thing. Life is just too freakin' short to sweat the small crap. The only problem with thinking you're never wrong, is the odds that you will be.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 pm

michaeljohn wrote:as i post here often a quote from larry mac back at the beginning of 2010,

"dont hate JJ and the 48 because they win all the time, hate the fact that your favorite driver or team doesn't step up to beat them."

its that simple.. so far one man has stopped them.

i do know this much if it was anyone you and it was your favorite driver that went on a run like this, you would all find a way to justify how great it is... but too many spend time on making up excuses and finding any reason they can to discredit Johnson, funny thing tho, at the end of the day, doesnt matter, it doesnt even matter what i think, history will find a place for him, and if he never wins a championship again it wont effect the company that he keeps, and right now he is standing real close to Petty and Sr.

On a side note, neither of them won five in a row...
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry, but as brilliant as Chad is, he doesn't drive the car. It's a team sport, duh. He's not out there saving the car from wrecks or saving gas as required or driving across the finish line. When you hate someone that much, why do you feel the need to inflict others with with your negative attitude? Life is not always fair, deal with it, ignore it, but move on.

I absolutely hate Sniffle, but I said I didn't like him and left it at that.

It was so nice and peaceful on here before you reared your ugly head again. I don't think anyone on this site will refute that fact.

Get over the JJ thing. Life is just too freakin' short to sweat the small crap. The only problem with thinking you're never wrong, is the odds that you will be.

Hey cut the crap. Get off your high horse. That is my opinion. I don't care if you agree with it or not. And it isn't directed towards anyone. But I guess you are so perfect. Your the one who is trying to make this more than what it is (even MJ responded pretty civilly). I don't really have a problem with you. But I see this a lot in your posts.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Anyone who has been here a while will know that that means, besides not being able to delete a post.

<<

gkbacb

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

do i hear we have our first two ready for the ring, go get-um Rochelle, sorry ss14, but Rochelle is rite. Man i would've put money on MJ and SS14 going to the ring first.

side bar: JJ would IMO be just as good a driver without Chad, and for the record i can't stand the 48 team, never have, even b4 the championships
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby