FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TALKING ABOUT CARS FROM YOUR YOUTH OR CURRENT!

<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: TALKING ABOUT CARS FROM YOUR YOUTH OR CURRENT!

It's funny now, but I was so humiliated at the time. I drove that car for months with my permit, up and down the hills in the South Bay area, never having a problem. I thought if I was going to have a problem it might be taking off from a red light on a hill, but I didn't get that far. I popped that clutch so many times I thought that poor man was going to have a wicked case of whiplash. I just prayed he wasn't going to be there when I went back, and he wasn't. Still, so embarrassing :oops:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Now here is a one-of-a-kind Cadillac to add to your collection! :shock: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Cad ... 775wt_1196
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 am

Ya'll will probably laugh, but my first car was a 1972 Mazda RX2. My dad bought the body for $35 and put the motor came from a '82 Mazda RX7 that had been totaled that he gave $200 for. This was my 16th birthday present. I couldn't drive a standard, but learned eventually. The car looked like something the little old lady from Pasadena would drive, but it would haul butt as I out ran a Camaro once. This made my dad proud. :D My mom never knew about that incident or about my racin' John Anderson's bus down the interstate with it, lol.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 am

Oh don't believe a first car could ever be laughable. It's one of those moments in life that helps frame who we are. Most people either worked their butts off to buy the car or our parents gave it to us for a special gift. My very first car was a 49 Ford and it was preowned. It had a different kind of noise that my best friends dad always knew when I was only a couple houses away. He'd yell to his daughter I was nearly there. I sold the car when I found an apartment near my office and then I walked rain, shine or snow. The last car I owned was an Olds Ferenza. That car took me where ever I wanted to go and it carried all the things I made for craft shows. The car was a hatch back and in a pinch I would sleep in it at the Shipshewana, Indiana Flea Market. I sold the car when my husband retired as we didn't need the two cars. I have always loved the cars from vintage to at least the 80's. To me they all looked alike after that.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

bribell

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: POST PICTURES OF YOUR PAST/CURRENT HOT RODS!

chevy39fan wrote:This was the car I really wanted! After seeing the movie,"Smokey And The Bandit".......we all wanted this Trans Am! :D

Tony Stewart has one like this pictured. Loved that car............

Here is a picture of my '77 Trans Am. Bought it brand new and still have it. This is one of about 10,500 Goldenrod Yellow Trans Am made. 8-)
Attachments
TA in backyard.jpg
TA in backyard.jpg (44.74 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Previous

Return to The Lobby