Richard Dawson.
He also played in Hogans Heroes.

RIP Richard Dawson
Attachments
1338737069_richard-dawson-467.jpg
1338737069_richard-dawson-467.jpg (29.44 KiB) Viewed 846 times

Re: Family Feud

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm

LOL Duffy... Richard Dawson got his start on Hogan's Hero's as Peter Newkirk.

After H .Hero's was cancelled, he appeared on numerous TV shows, Laugh-In for example, and many shows's of the week before he started on the game show Family Feud.

Sorry... showing my age... ;-)

R.I.P. R. Dawson & thanks for all the laughs over the years. :-)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:05 am

Thanks for the laughs Richard
Never missed a show of Hogan's Hero's
Rest in Peace

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 am

Rest in Peace Richard. Richard was an actor who had a wide range of acting ability. He could be very funny or about as dramatic as he needed to be. I don't believe he was ever type cast.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 am

smokieonefour wrote:LOL Duffy... Richard Dawson got his start on Hogan's Hero's as Peter Newkirk.

After H .Hero's was cancelled, he appeared on numerous TV shows, Laugh-In for example, and many shows's of the week before he started on the game show Family Feud.

Sorry... showing my age... ;-)

R.I.P. R. Dawson & thanks for all the laughs over the years. :-)

Thanks smokieonefour I never watched Hogan Heros.But i did know he played in the show and didnt know his name till you posted it. Thanks.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm

It's OK Duffy. :-) The way you wrote the first part, just made me giggle. Not giggling AT you... just the way it appeared. Just struck me as funny. :-)

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again... this site has led me to fantastic people here, who all share, all kinds of neat info. I'm happy to be a contributor, in my small ways and I love, love, love, the doors some of yall open for me... I would have never known, if not for a post by somebody here. :-)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:33 pm

So sorry he died. Hogan's Heroes was one of my Dad's favorite programs. He was a POW held captive by the German's in Stalig III, he said he had a German guard like Sgt. Schultz and a British buddy who was also a pilot, just like Richard Lawson. It made him laugh. I think watching it helped him to work through some of the demons and hardships they all endured. Laughter heals the soul! Rest in peace........Richard Dawson

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm

RIP Richard

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:56 am

He also played in The Running Man.(I think thats the name of it)
Post a reply