FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

People you look up to outside of racing

<<

Smokesprincess

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 am

Re: People you look up to outside of racing

Sorry about my post being so long....
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

justlisa

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 am

Smokesprincess wrote:My mother...Leonor Serna...her mother passed away when she was 18months old. She was raised by her sisters ages 9 and 10 at the time. She over came that and when she was 18yrs old went to work for the Police Deptment. Unheard of at the time to dispatched. A few years after that she went to the Law Enforecemet Acadamy. She went on to become the First Certified Female office of this county, and one of the few in the state. She was a single parent who did everything she could do for me, I was her only child. This past Oct 8, she had a major heart attack (she had battled CHF and diabetes for over 11 years and was even delcared legaly blind) and passed away. Her 69 birthday will be this comming 11th. It has been rough cause I not only lost my mother I lost my best friend. But she was something else she would make fun of me for my love of Nascar, and would tell me that Jeff Gordon was her boy only cause he drank pepsi and not coke like Tony. She would Chase Haulers with me....dig thru all the Nascar stuff at the stores to find Tony stuff and even Tell everyone who would listen why my son who was born in 2005 middle name was Anthony... :) RIP Mom. :(

I am so sorry for your loss. You Mother sounds like a incredible strong woman, may she rest in peace, Lisa ~
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 am

My mom, for being able to do what she can do under the circumstances she does them under.

Josh Hamilton, a baseball player who fights the constant battle of addiction and perserveres through his faith.

And Jesus, for obvious reasons.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:50 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Anyone who you look up to, or inspires you outside of racing?

Walt Disney: That man was a genius. Just wanted to create cartoons and became the single most known name in the world. Everyone in the world knows of Walt Disney. He created the best animated movies, created the best vacation spots in the world, weathered the great depression and gave people jobs, supported WWII with creating animated shorts dedicated to the war. He created something that no one else will ever be able to duplicate. There are films, and there are Disney Films.

Know how we rarely agree? This is one time we do. Uncle Walt is another of my heroes. We share a birthday and I'm a big dreamer like him.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smokinTA

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Annalee wrote:My Dad. He was an Air Force pilot, who flew P 38' s during WWII. He was shot down over South Africa and captured by Italians, then turned over to the Germans. They put him in a prisoner of war camp called Stalag Luft III. If any of you have ever seen the movie "the Great Escape" with Steve Mc Queen, that was the movie was about life inside the camp. The producers of the movie used my Dad's diary to recreate the story. The fact that they survived, is incredible, but they not only survived but they were able to use their Yankee ingenuity to dig tunnels, called Tom,Dick and Harry. The tunnels made it easy to pass information through the German lines that gave our troops the advantage and turned the tide of WWII. His birthday is in a couple of days and I miss him very much.

Wow! That's an amazing story. I have that Movie and will re-watch it very soon. Thank you to your Father for his service and to your family for their sacrifices.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 am

Though this breaks the rule of this thread (partially). I forgot to add Paul Newman. He was a great actor, great director great racecar driver, and great car owner. Someone who aspire to be like in both industries. I hope his race team makes a comeback.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Though this breaks the rule of this thread (partially). I forgot to add Paul Newman. He was a great actor, great director great racecar driver, and great car owner. Someone who aspire to be like in both industries. I hope his race team makes a comeback.

Actually SS14 you didn't break the thread. Paul was way more than just an actor or race driver. He developed an industry to finance a wonderful charity. It's not easy for a busy person to be so devoted to others.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 pm

ndunn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Though this breaks the rule of this thread (partially). I forgot to add Paul Newman. He was a great actor, great director great racecar driver, and great car owner. Someone who aspire to be like in both industries. I hope his race team makes a comeback.

Actually SS14 you didn't break the thread. Paul was way more than just an actor or race driver. He developed an industry to finance a wonderful charity. It's not easy for a busy person to be so devoted to others.

Ah yes his food products. He has a quote about that which made me realize just how great of a man he was.

"When I realized I was going to have to be a whore, to put my face on the label, I decided that the only way I could do it was to give away all the money we make. Over the years, that ethical stance has given us a 30 per cent boost. One in three customers buys my products because all the profits go to good causes and the rest buy the stuff because it is good."- Paul Newman.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
Previous

Return to The Lobby