FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MLB 2012

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 am

MLB 2012

the season already started in japan, nothing like baseball where at the beginning you feel you favorite can go to the WS!!

Win Twins!!!!
I miss you Frehley........
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:09 am

Re: MLB 2012

I was hoping there was a baseball thread.

I never feel my team can go to the WS...Cubs fan here :lol: (That's awful...you'll find I sound like an awful fan a lot. I love my Cubs but I'm very beaten down by so much losing. A lot of it is just in jest, though.)

Already this season is going the way a Cubs season typically does. Blow leads late in the game (bullpen horrendous, inexplicably nothing was done about this in the off-season...argh), score a ton of runs in the few games you win (I'm always yelling "Save some for other games...you know you're only going to score so many a season!!!!" Does this mean I'm superstitious? :P ), and so on.

I watch a lot of Diamondbacks games, too. You don't want to know how I got started on that, but I've come to be very fond of the organization, ballpark, etc.

I live in the D.C. area and have a good friend who is a Nationals fan, so I pay attention to them, too. They have a really good team this year. I tried to grow attached to the Orioles when we moved here. It's fun to cheer for the hometown team a little when you're a long-distance fan. I figured the Orioles were a better bet b/c they're American League, little chance for a conflict of interest w/ the Cubs, blah blah blah. We go to Orioles games but becoming fond of them didn't work out. I'm much more enthusiastic about the Nats. I guess I'm just a National League person.

Return to The Lobby