FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

This has to be said.....please read

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:51 pm

This has to be said.....please read

It's driving me absolutely crazy that members start different threads about the same subject.

We are all guilty of going off topic on a subject every now and then but to start a thread with the same subject just below yours is rude and disrespectful. Why not leave a comment on someone else's thread? Trust me, it doesn't make you a bigger, better fan than someone who started a thread. Plus generally people don't tend to comment on the second one.

I deleted one I started in the Tony section just this afternoon because someone started one 2 minutes before mine posted. They were posting theirs as I was completing mine. I left a comment on theirs and it took nothing away from what I had to say.

I'm being nice. But next time I'll probably call you out if it continues. It's time we start making this a great place to communicate with other SHR fans.

Thanks for your time.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Re: This has to be said.....please read

feeelin' better I see, got the ol' fire back! ;)
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm

I agree doc, I just made a comment about that the other day. First and foremost, it gives me a headache... :roll:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 am

ya well its not your place to say, there are many new members that joined and they wanna participate in their own way, there is a reason the same 15-20 people post, and this is a perfect example way...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 am

I respectfully disagree. My original post was meant to bring the subject out in the open and an attempt to make this forum a better place for ALL of us.

And now you want to put your nose somewhere that it clearly does not belong.

MJ, I so wish that you'd practice what you preach. You made a huge mistake with me during the Kevin Ward investigation by privately saying to me that you could not be a fan of someone who killed another. It's blatantly obvious you have zero respect for Tony Stewart the man and Tony Stewart the driver/owner. That's fine. But one asks why yuu come here and stay? Of course you may do as you wish but it's high time someone exposes you for what you are without going as far as some others before and make it personal.

Remember, yuu started this. I will not stoop as low as others have in the past but I will from this point forward call you out when you make disparaging remarks about the principals on this race team.

If you think this personally attacks you and threatens you then please go back and read this again. It does not. Your high and mighty reign over this site has now come to an end.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

14Smokem

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 am

HWNSNBS wrote:ya well its not your place to say, there are many new members that joined and they wanna participate in their own way, there is a reason the same 15-20 people post, and this is a perfect example way...

There is a reason only 15-20 people post regularly.........

Toxic commentary by some members *no names* create an atmosphere,
in which fun loving fans shy away for fear of bashing and bullying.

This site is for the supporters of Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Kevin Harvick, and Kurt Busch.
Further, it is to gather together and share fun, silly, serious, interesting, and statistical information regarding the Team......

Let us make this a playful, fun place to be and gather.

We have a large Ryan Newman contingent in here. They are a pert of this group
that we all appreciate. In general, they also tend to support one or more
of the SHR Team drivers.

If a member cannot be a Team player, they should move on.

Regards
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Tinker

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm

While it would be nice to not have multiple posts on the same topic, it's just not something that is going to happen with members coming and going as quick as they do. They just want to share what's on their mind and move on.

Sorry to say, but this forum from will never be the place it once was. :(
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

slopoke21m

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 pm

I just plain ol dont understand why someone who is not 100% a fan of the above named drivers or SHR is even here? And to add to that, if you are a fan of one of the above named drivers, and maybe not so much a fan of the others, then why would one feel the need to put negative and or hateful comments out there towards the other drivers or SHR in general. Yes we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are guest here on this privately owned chat forum, and as guests our entitlement too voice those opinions should be monitored/moderated. Something I see this site is very lacking of.
I participate in numerous other forums that cater to my interest in scale model building, hot rods and auto racing. This by far is the most negative of all of them, and I can say with certainty the negative comments made by members here regarding the subjects of this forum and SHR would result in harsh warnings and or bans. If we all want to sing the praises of the drivers that this forum is all about and on occasion offer up some carefully worded constructive criticism then so be it, but to have a non fan bash OUR drivers is to me unacceptable on THIS forum, and I am completely bewildered how the negativity continues here.
I for one and just about to the end of my rope for this site, and perfectly willing to go back to my quiet support and admiration of Tony Stewart as a person and driver. Its not what I want mind you, I stated early on I had come here for some comfort, comradery, and uplifting to offset the negativity that was out there regarding Tony, and why would I continue to come here if there is negative here....after all this site has HIS name at the top of every page.

The worst part of all of this......the negativity by some here has now made me come off as negative....

Since 1942 its been said, and I would think its been said longer than that.....
...in the words of Thumper's dad, "If you can say something nice, dont say nothing at all"

Edit: Additional closing thought....If you think I am talking to you....I probably am....
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:19 pm

onerockindoc wrote:It's driving me absolutely crazy that members start different threads about the same subject.

We are all guilty of going off topic on a subject every now and then but to start a thread with the same subject just below yours is rude and disrespectful. Why not leave a comment on someone else's thread? Trust me, it doesn't make you a bigger, better fan than someone who started a thread. Plus generally people don't tend to comment on the second one.

I deleted one I started in the Tony section just this afternoon because someone started one 2 minutes before mine posted. They were posting theirs as I was completing mine. I left a comment on theirs and it took nothing away from what I had to say.

I'm being nice. But next time I'll probably call you out if it continues. It's time we start making this a great place to communicate with other SHR fans.

Thanks for your time.

For the 4,985,295,587th time... as per Animink - anyone can post anything they want, anywhere and any time with exception ONLY to the rules of posting. ( and 'double posting' AINT in there )

All you can do is ASK anyone or someone. Go ahead and "Call them out" with your NON-Authority... in the end, all it ( calling out ) served was you.

Also - where can I find on here where if someone makes a double post it is considered 'rude & disrespectful?" Oh, wait, what? It's not on HERE? It's just in your preferences how how YOU like it?

Responded to with all due respect ^
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:23 pm

14Smokem wrote:
This site is for the supporters of Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Kevin Harvick, and Kurt Busch.
Further, it is to gather together and share fun, silly, serious, interesting, and statistical information regarding the Team......

This site is for ANYONE who wants to join ... not who YOU say should be here.

Let us make this a playful, fun place to be and gather.
How do we do that with all these different member rules? Oh I know!! Let's all follow what ANIMINK allows!

Regards[/color]
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:31 pm

slopoke21m wrote:I just plain ol dont understand why someone who is not 100% a fan of the above named drivers or SHR is even here? And to add to that, if you are a fan of one of the above named drivers, and maybe not so much a fan of the others, then why would one feel the need to put negative and or hateful comments out there towards the other drivers or SHR in general. Yes we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are guest here on this privately owned chat forum, and as guests our entitlement too voice those opinions should be monitored/moderated. Something I see this site is very lacking of.
I participate in numerous other forums that cater to my interest in scale model building, hot rods and auto racing. This by far is the most negative of all of them, and I can say with certainty the negative comments made by members here regarding the subjects of this forum and SHR would result in harsh warnings and or bans. If we all want to sing the praises of the drivers that this forum is all about and on occasion offer up some carefully worded constructive criticism then so be it, but to have a non fan bash OUR drivers is to me unacceptable on THIS forum, and I am completely bewildered how the negativity continues here.
I for one and just about to the end of my rope for this site, and perfectly willing to go back to my quiet support and admiration of Tony Stewart as a person and driver. Its not what I want mind you, I stated early on I had come here for some comfort, comradery, and uplifting to offset the negativity that was out there regarding Tony, and why would I continue to come here if there is negative here....after all this site has HIS name at the top of every page.

The worst part of all of this......the negativity by some here has now made me come off as negative....

...in the words of Thumper's dad, "If you can say something nice, dont say nothing at all"

Edit: Additional closing thought....If you think I am talking to you....I probably am....

Aren't you the same POSITIVE, HAPPY person that insulted three people in one post?
( See Sat All rite for fighting - 10/12 - page 3 )

Being a guest does not mean being moderated or your opinion monitored or deleted, like some other websites.

How somebody can be a member on here and bash one of YOUR drivers is the loveliness of an open forum that Animink runs and maintains.

Please try and follow Thumpers advise before you go insulting 3 people in one blog. If you can not - then leave his name out of it. No one has caused you to be negative, but yourself. I put an opinion out there and you said it made you sick. Where is the positivity in that? How did MY, or two others opinions cause you to be negative?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:40 pm

In my opinion - the REAL thing that has to be said is - Live and let live.

( I wonder if Animink, Inc has that saying, up on an office wall? )

The next time someone has a great idea on how they think this site should be run ... then perhaps they should contact Animink, instead of raising a mob on here.

I like it when people all don't agree, as long as it's not taken personally, or gets mean and ugly.

I'd like to use an example and pls know that I am NOT picking on the member who said this - I'm just trying to use it as a recent example of a "pro & con" debate on here, of OPINIONS.

Someone said they thought BK "caused" Tony his penalty. They thought & believed that, as I'm sure a large number of members did too... but I for one, just didn't believe that, as I'm sure a large number of members did too.

Who is right or wrong to state their opinions? Because 1/2 see it one way and the other 1/2 see it another way ... and all or most ARE fans. Should those of us who do not agree with the Tony-Can-Do-No-Wrong not be 'allowed' to post? Not allowed because we are 'guests' here? Not allowed because it doesn't go with the flow? Not allowed because it isn't 'happy' or 'positive' ?

The facts are - as per Animink - for the millionth time... anyone can post anything, anywhere, anytime, with exception to Animink's rules of posting.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:57 pm

smokieonefour wrote:
slopoke21m wrote:I just plain ol dont understand why someone who is not 100% a fan of the above named drivers or SHR is even here? And to add to that, if you are a fan of one of the above named drivers, and maybe not so much a fan of the others, then why would one feel the need to put negative and or hateful comments out there towards the other drivers or SHR in general. Yes we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are guest here on this privately owned chat forum, and as guests our entitlement too voice those opinions should be monitored/moderated. Something I see this site is very lacking of.

Aren't you the same POSITIVE, HAPPY person that insulted three people in one post?
( See Sat All rite for fighting - 10/12 - page 3 )

Being a guest does not mean being moderated or your opinion monitored or deleted, like some other websites.

How somebody can be a member on here and bash one of YOUR drivers is the loveliness of an open forum that Animink runs and maintains.

Please try and follow Thumpers advise before you go insulting 3 people in one blog. If you can not - then leave his name out of it. No one has caused you to be negative, but yourself. I put an opinion out there and you said it made you sick. Where is the positivity in that? How did MY, or two others opinions cause you to be negative?

I was thinking the same thing as I too felt this person was being rude to me but you know... it's what happens in a forum like this, esp. because we're all NASCAR fans. We're not in a quilting or bread baking forum... this is NASCAR. I guess because I'm a conservative, I say the less rules the better and though I consider the original poster a terrific friend, I also don't see how double posts are rude. I didn't pay any attention to old Ryan Newman posts when I posted a shout-out to one of my favorite drivers. I apologize if someone has thought me rude for posting a duplicate subject post as that is not something that has ever crossed my mind on this site. When Tony does well, there are a lot of individual posts saying WAY TO GO.. etc. I think that's great. I'm thinking this whole issue had to do with a specific post or poster and I'm going to view it that way as I don't have a problem with any of these posters, in fact, I enjoy reading all their posts. I don't even care if the poster Smokie and I were insulted by --- continues to post exactly the same way as it wasn't too offensive to me. BUT... what I do hate are the people on here #### about something that they themselves do... UGH.... Now... how about that Danica in the last race? :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

TbayFinn

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 pm

As a new person here, I found this thread even more confusing.

I do see people attacking one another.

But nowhere did it answer the question about double posts.
One says "post anywhere anytime".
Another says that it's so darn annoying to find a suitable place to post a certain topic.
Finally a third chimes in and says the same topic can be found in two or different categories.

Final thought........
No one is perfect.
No website is perfect.

When you finish pointing fingers and name calling each other, feel free to contact this newbie and let me know how I should proceed.
<<

14Smokem

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 pm

TbayFinn wrote:As a new person here, I found this thread even more confusing.

I do see people attacking one another.

When you finish pointing fingers and name calling each other, feel free to contact this newbie and let me know how I should proceed.

Well Tbay, there are undercurrents.....
The post morphed, probably because the issue is not really double posting at all.

As for proceeding..... have fun.... it is a great place for SHR FANS to gather.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
Next

Return to The Lobby