FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The man who killed Usama Bin Laden.....

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm

The man who killed Usama Bin Laden.....

On Fox News TV tonight and tomorrow night at 10:00 PM there will be a documentary on the take down of Bin Laden by Seal Team 6, and the man who ultimately shot him.....what all went wrong and finally what all went right....with so much ugliness in the world this is guaranteed to make you proud to be an American.....it is riveting TV..... A college friend of my son was in on the making of this documentary, and he said it changed his life and the way he thought about the Military and their willingness to put it ALL on the line....
Watch as a tribute to a Veteran on Veterans Day......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Re: The man who killed Usama Bin Laden.....

Veteran myself, but I will not watch or listen to any of it as i'm also sure the Navy is not too happy with this either. The man is also making himself a target, some things are better left unsaid.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 pm

wolfgang wrote:Veteran myself, but I will not watch or listen to any of it as i'm also sure the Navy is not too happy with this either. The man is also making himself a target, some things are better left unsaid.

First of all....THANK YOU for your service, wolfgang!

True, the Navy is extremely unhappy about it. Since the book, No Easy Day came out, they have been. There's always 2 sides....unfortunately, in some ways they had already left doors open with their (Navy) being OK with and actually cooperating on the movie Act of Valor.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:52 am

Osama....................

ive read that there has been a stink by other members that the arent pleased, i really havent kept up on this story, did he just want recognition for what he did? i guess he knew of the implications going public.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:11 am

wolfgang wrote:Veteran myself, but I will not watch or listen to any of it as i'm also sure the Navy is not too happy with this either. The man is also making himself a target, some things are better left unsaid.

Thank You My Friend For Your Service!!
ImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm a Veteran as well....I don't put much stock in ANYTHING on FAUX News anyway. :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

michaeljohn wrote:Osama....................

ive read that there has been a stink by other members that the arent pleased, i really havent kept up on this story, did he just want recognition for what he did? i guess he knew of the implications going public.

The only one who knows why he went public (quite a while ago but only as "The Shooter until now, is himself, Rob O'Neill.
as far as I have heard, he came out as "The Shooter' shortly after Mark Owens' (Matt Bisonnette) book "No Easy Day" was released. Matt was a Seal Team 6 member and on the mission as well as Rob.
Some in the Seal community, as well as the Navy, are not pleased with either of them. Some have said that their motive was primarily money....who knows...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:22 pm

I've read a few different articles on the "how and why's" he came forward ... and none seem to match. ? ?

Here is an article from Time Magazine, a couple of days ago that seems to sum up my own personal opinion of the whole matter.

http://time.com/3574990/navy-seals-rober-oneill-osama-bin-laden/

The article headline reads : Why Navy Seals Are Supposed To Keep Their Mouths Shut - to give you an idea it's content. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:18 pm

jdpirate wrote:

The only one who knows why he went public (quite a while ago but only as "The Shooter until now, is himself, Rob O'Neill.
as far as I have heard, he came out as "The Shooter' shortly after Mark Owens' (Matt Bisonnette) book "No Easy Day" was released. Matt was a Seal Team 6 member and on the mission as well as Rob.
Some in the Seal community, as well as the Navy, are not pleased with either of them. Some have said that their motive was primarily money....who knows...

thanks JD..... definitely sounds like a messy situation......
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Sorry, off topic... I love your avatar mj, RIP Frehley
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 am

ty Rochelle :) ......
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 am

Your loss my gain.....He was paid NOTHING for this incredible documentary and gave away NO SECRETS OR INFORMATION...........probably the best documentary I've ever seen and he was asked to do this by the the family survivors and 911 Towers Memorial foundation when he anonymously donated his uniform from that night....His uniform sits in front of all the pictures of those who lost their lives that day...his name is not on it........for those who haven't been there to see it, when you look at all the pictures of the victims and then look at the uniform and back at the pictures, it will stir your very soul... knowing that he helped to put closure to those families who lost loved ones that day.....
When asked why he did this, he said it for the single mother who decided to jump to her death that day rather than be burned alive...I lost friends at the Pentagon that day ..I thank God every day that we have people brave enough to lay their lives for the GOOD of all mankind....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:26 pm

I thank God every day that we have people brave enough to lay their lives for the GOOD of all mankind....

No disagreement from me on this statement!

As far as everything else about this subject, I will only say..... I only care that they got Bin Laden and really not who was or wasn't the shooter.... why he decided to reveal himself is no concern of mine-I only stated what I have heard and read on various sites (one run by a former Seal that has many friends still in the community).
I read a lot of books by former military personnel-- very interesting and eye-opening.

Return to The Lobby