FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

summer time blues

<<

700sks

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:43 am

summer time blues

Is any one else working long hours and feeling that this summer is getting away? ... I've only been on the Harley four times this year. .... get me a Doctor please. ...
GO SMOKE!!!

POW, MIA YOU ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN!

" sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky,and live like you aint afraid to die, don't be scared, just enjoy the RIDE" Chris Ledoux
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Re: summer time blues

Sorry... could not resist.... LOL

Silly rabbit, 700, everybody knows ....there aint no cure, for the summer time blues....
( hee hee hee )

No doc can help ya... only you... ;-)

Now get out there and RIDE! What are you doing inside reading the board for ? Hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm older than most so this is the rendition I remember:

From Wikipedia:
Edward Raymond 'Eddie' Cochran (October 3, 1938 – April 17, 1960) was an American musician. Cochran's rockabilly songs, such as "C'mon Everybody", "Somethin' Else", and "Summertime Blues", captured teenage frustration and desire in the late 1950s and early 1960s. He experimented with multitrack recording and overdubbing even on his earliest singles, and was also able to play piano, bass and drums. His image as a sharply dressed and good-looking young man with a rebellious attitude epitomized the stance of the 50s rocker, and in death he achieved an iconic status.

Cochran was born in Minnesota and moved with his family to California in the early 1950s. He was involved with music from an early age, playing in the school band and teaching himself to play blues guitar. In 1955, he formed a duet with the guitarist Hank Cochran (no relation), and when they split the following year, Cochran began a song-writing career with Jerry Capehart. His first success came when he performed the song "Twenty Flight Rock" in the movie The Girl Can't Help It, starring Jayne Mansfield. Soon afterwards, Liberty Records signed him to a recording contract.

Cochran died aged 21 after a road accident, whilst travelling in a taxi in Chippenham, Wiltshire, during his British tour in April 1960, having just performed at Bristol's Hippodrome theatre. Though his best-known songs were released during his lifetime, more of his songs were released posthumously. In 1987, Cochran was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 pm

700sks wrote:Is any one else working long hours and feeling that this summer is getting away? ... I've only been on the Harley four times this year. .... get me a Doctor please. ...

ya buddy that has to be tough, for awhile i worked 3rd shift and the summer months were kinda hard to get through.... this summer really is flying by.... hopefully ya can find some down time and be able to get out and ride...
<<

700sks

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks people. . Set myself up for that Fo sur!!!...
But it did bring a smile to my face. ....:)
GO SMOKE!!!

POW, MIA YOU ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN!

" sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky,and live like you aint afraid to die, don't be scared, just enjoy the RIDE" Chris Ledoux

Return to The Lobby