FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Saints Suspensions

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 am

Re: Saints Suspensions

Too bad there is no John Middlebrook in the NFL.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 am

michaeljohn wrote:Liz, im a minnesota boy myself, i lived 5 minutes from downtown minneapolis, i have been a life long viking fan, but also a brett favre fan since early 96, to me there was no better qb in the nfl, and when he finally came to the vikings in 09 it felt like a dream, that was my favorite season of football, like i said before i dont have a problem with the vikings losing, at the end of the day, its just a game, entertainment, i did have a problem with people pinning the loss to favre, he didnt make adrian peterson fumble the ball, he wasnt on the field letting the saints moved the ball at will on the last possession on the way to the winning field goal, but it would have been nice if it was a fair game and he had a chance, not running for his life, im glad the saints got what they deserved, and the SB win is now tainted with lies and cover- ups.

I guess I should say I wasn't really #### more of the hopes up again for a Super Bowl appearance and win, hopes dashed again. Ok so I am not old enough to have actually recollection of the first 2 super bowl appearances and my dad tells me I slept through the 2nd half of the 3rd super bowl. BUT I remember the 4th, stomping my feet. My father tells me I kept saying what is wrong with them, how did they forget to tackle??(my dad was a football coach and I spent afternoons on the field with him).
As for blaming Favre, he was an easy target but he can also take it.

I am glad Saints coaches got it, but have to wonder who in management knew and am waiting to see how Goodell deals with players.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

39_newman

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm sure this sort of thing goes on within most teams but not to the extent it aooears the Saints participated. Yes, I know Favre is tough and likes to show it. I'll openly admit that I was a Favre hater for years but not to Favre as a man but because he always seemed to beat my VIKES...lol. I think I started becoming disappopinted during the Steckel and Green years. Billick (sp) wasn't much better. I will probably bleed purple til the day I die.
No sky too high...
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:15 pm

good to see The Norris division well represented here, but come next season, your teams are goin DOWN! :twisted:

DA BEARSSS!
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm

jamo14 wrote:good to see The Norris division well represented here, but come next season, your teams are goin DOWN! :twisted:

DA BEARSSS!

Sorry but NO WAY!!!!!

Is Urlacher going to be able to play?
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Wasn't it the Saints that crushed Kurt Warner, causing the concussion that ended his career?

I also wonder how high up in the organization the knowledge of what was going on was. I can't conceive of owner(s) knowing it was happening and condoning it....yet i can't conceive that the owner(s) didn't know it was happening!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am

azk8ster wrote:Wasn't it the Saints that crushed Kurt Warner, causing the concussion that ended his career?

I also wonder how high up in the organization the knowledge of what was going on was. I can't conceive of owner(s) knowing it was happening and condoning it....yet i can't conceive that the owner(s) didn't know it was happening!

To me that depends on the team, for most teams I would say the owner most likely would not know. But if they are an owner like Jerry Jones I would find it hard to believe that they didn't know. I admit though that I am struggling with who would know because Coach Gibbs has said he knew nothing about it when Greg Williams was his defensive coordinator and I want to believe Coach.

Previous

Return to The Lobby