FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bruce Jenner

<<

Lady NASCAR

User avatar

Posts: 161

560

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 am

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Bruce Jenner

Re: congrats Kevin! by ndunn

I voted for Kevin and no one else as I hardly know any of them as I'm not really an athlete follower. I'll probably get slapped around for this but since someone called Jenner Mrs. I would think he would want it to be Ms. But does it really matter? He could insist what ever he wants to be called.

The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
==================================================================================

I took this off of the thread in the Harvick section because bowtie asks us to stop using that thread to talk about Jenner.

What got me thinking about this again was reading how ndunn calls Jenner he and him but points out that "he" would rather be called Ms.

In no way am I being critical on ndunn. I just want to illustrate just how crazy this Jenner situation is. We can all see it is a he or him talking and yet we act like it is perfectly normal that Jenner clams to be a she.

The guy stands in an auditorium in front of about 1,000 people in a dress and is acknowledged for being brave by his peers who stand and clap.If you watched this you saw looks of discontent on some of the faces. I think a lot who stood and clapped were just following the crowd and did not feel he was an example of being any type of hero.

ESPN in it's quest to be PC actually only managed to give publicity to Jenner's new TV show.ESPN who has spent years being the sports community's TV networks has managed to turn into the duped Kardashian group advertiser.

Seriously folks the MAN stood there claiming that even though he is still physically male,he is a woman.He has every right to do that, but for ESPN to make him a hero is just plain crazy.

Do we have any members who are women trapped in a man's body? Silly question right? But ESPN made money selling commercial time to companies while their show gave Jenner the stage to make his case.

As a woman I certainly do not want to encounter that freak in the Lady's room in my travels. But I have to ask, will the law in our crazy world let him do that? I mean seriously. We are so PC or peer dictated now it may just be legal.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 9487

Images: 0
4728

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

15 years ago i worked at wmart while in college and there was a transgender man working there, he already had the top operated on, and once he did he was known as "she" and used the women's rest room as well. she was a nice person, took a lot grief for making the change, but im the type of person that wouldnt begrudge someone for the way they choose to live. The whole Jenner thing just makes me ill, not because he wants to be a woman but how the media acts like he is the first person to ever go through this, was it not just a couple years ago Chaz Bono did the same thing? how quickly the media forgets, this past week was done for one reason, well maybe two, ratings and to show that espn is out front on issues like this.
I miss you Frehley........
Image
<<

Lady NASCAR

User avatar

Posts: 161

560

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 am

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Unlike you MJ I have never knowingly associated with a sexually altered person. Maybe if I did I would not find it so hard to accept. But in my mind if you have specific organs of one sex that makes you a member of that sex.

I think Chaz Bono completed the medical changes to become a medically accepted male. I tend to see sincerity in Chaz that is lacking in Bruce.

The ESPN theory I agree with you. All done to show ESPN as a modern thinking and socially accepting part of the media.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 9487

Images: 0
4728

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

even when i watched a short bit of the Jenner speech, i personally didnt find the sincerity that i been seein on the media. your right about Chaz he had the whole operation, Bruce vows to keep the part that distinguishes men from women, and like you for me he is a man, there is one thing that is getting lost in all of this, i do not remember or know he was in a car accident where he ran in the back of someone and that person was killed...with all the attention he is getting it is pretty much a given that he will walk free of any wrong doing in the accident.
I miss you Frehley........
Image
<<

midwesternsmoke

User avatar

Posts: 2105

Images: 10
4225

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Location: South Carolina

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Does anyone remember Dr. Renee' Richards?? ....Richards was born Richard Raskind on August 19, 1934 in New York City, and was raised, as she put it, as "a nice Jewish boy". She attended Horace Mann School and excelled as the wide receiver for the football team, the pitcher for the baseball team, and on the tennis and swim teams. Her baseball skills even got her scouted by the New York Yankees, but she decided to focus on tennis. After high school she attended Yale University where she was captain of the Men's Tennis team. She was considered by some to be one of the best college tennis players in the country. After graduating from Yale she then went to the University of Rochester Medical Center where she specialized in ophthalmology. She graduated from Rochester in 1959 and then served a two-year internship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. After her internship she served two years of residency at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York. She played competitive tennis for a while and during the time in which she was moonlighting she was ranked sixth out of the top 20 males over 35. After her internship and residency, she joined the United States Navy to continue her medical training and played tennis for the Navy during her time there. While playing for the navy she won both the singles and doubles at the All Navy Championship. During this time she was ranked as high as fourth in the region. She had a very lethal and recognizable left hand serve that followed her everywhere and later led to the discovery of Renée.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Lady NASCAR

User avatar

Posts: 161

560

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 am

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

I remember the Richards thing but as I remember it the controversy was mainly because he was a big man and when operated on to be a woman he ended up way bigger than all the natural born women. Which gave him all kinds of advantage that he eventually admitted to.
<<

alenigma

Posts: 770

3424

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

People that undergo THESE types of operations are reaching-out for media support. Oh, yes and attention. These attempts to bring attention to oneself are not normal. I find this to be absolute craziness. Suicide was another option, IT should have considered that
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 9487

Images: 0
4728

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

how can you say "people that do this are looking for media attention" there are thousands we never hear about having these changes, and frankly that last statement doesnt even deserve a response, people dont asked to be like this, they are born like this, they struggle with trying to find their true identity, to each their own, live and let live, the man/woman i worked with was a really nice person but was made fun of because people are immature and dumb, dont take the time to be informed. My only issue with the Jenner thing, is that it is the fad of the week, in time Jenner will be forgotten when the next big thing comes along.
I miss you Frehley........
Image
<<

tlmerk

User avatar

Posts: 997

Images: 0
4391

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

My husband and I disagree on this issue. I try to put myself in their shoes-- being a woman, if I was born in a man's body, how terrible that would be! I don't think they seek attention and I don't think they're sick. A mutation of nature? Maybe, but not one they chose.

I certainly don't call them heroes but I had a close friend that became a male and he's terrific! When I first met him (we were in a writing group-- all females), I thought he might be gay as "she" was very masculine (but married) and also happened to be a pagan as far as her spirituality which I thought was interesting as I had never had a true friend who was a pagan before. Now, she's a he and is really the same exact person. I respect him and he's my FB friend since we live in different states now, but I respect him the same as I repected her--- no different really. If he feels more comfortable in this "skin," whom am I to judge him?

My 2 cents anyway.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

azk8ster

User avatar

Posts: 675

1734

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

alenigma wrote:People that undergo THESE types of operations are reaching-out for media support. Oh, yes and attention. These attempts to bring attention to oneself are not normal. I find this to be absolute craziness. Suicide was another option, IT should have considered that


Please crawl back into your mother's vagina. Quickly. And stay there.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

alenigma

Posts: 770

3424

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

azk8, I died on an operating table. transgenders are NOT on the other side. Trust in God. You need to crawl back into the hole you crawled out. SMH.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 9487

Images: 0
4728

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:50 am

Re: Bruce Jenner

tlmerk wrote:My husband and I disagree on this issue. I try to put myself in their shoes-- being a woman, if I was born in a man's body, how terrible that would be! I don't think they seek attention and I don't think they're sick. A mutation of nature? Maybe, but not one they chose.

I certainly don't call them heroes but I had a close friend that became a male and he's terrific! When I first met him (we were in a writing group-- all females), I thought he might be gay as "she" was very masculine (but married) and also happened to be a pagan as far as her spirituality which I thought was interesting as I had never had a true friend who was a pagan before. Now, she's a he and is really the same exact person. I respect him and he's my FB friend since we live in different states now, but I respect him the same as I repected her--- no different really. If he feels more comfortable in this "skin," whom am I to judge him?

My 2 cents anyway.



that is a nice story, thanks for sharing....
I miss you Frehley........
Image
<<

bowtie_4

Posts: 1345

999

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

LMAO! :-D
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 9487

Images: 0
4728

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

midwesternsmoke wrote:Does anyone remember Dr. Renee' Richards?? ....Richards was born Richard Raskind on August 19, 1934 in New York City, and was raised, as she put it, as "a nice Jewish boy". She attended Horace Mann School and excelled as the wide receiver for the football team, the pitcher for the baseball team, and on the tennis and swim teams. Her baseball skills even got her scouted by the New York Yankees, but she decided to focus on tennis. After high school she attended Yale University where she was captain of the Men's Tennis team. She was considered by some to be one of the best college tennis players in the country. After graduating from Yale she then went to the University of Rochester Medical Center where she specialized in ophthalmology. She graduated from Rochester in 1959 and then served a two-year internship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. After her internship she served two years of residency at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York. She played competitive tennis for a while and during the time in which she was moonlighting she was ranked sixth out of the top 20 males over 35. After her internship and residency, she joined the United States Navy to continue her medical training and played tennis for the Navy during her time there. While playing for the navy she won both the singles and doubles at the All Navy Championship. During this time she was ranked as high as fourth in the region. She had a very lethal and recognizable left hand serve that followed her everywhere and later led to the discovery of Renée.


i remember seeing many news stories in regards to Renee....
here is a major flashback, do you remember that show Medical Center from the early 70's??? they had that one episode that stared Robert Reed (Brady Bunch) where he became a woman. I guess that is one reason this topic doesnt bother me or that i have narrow minded or simpleton responses, just something I was exposed to from tv shows and news reports...
I miss you Frehley........
Image
<<

BlackFlag

User avatar

Posts: 947

4061

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Location: Concord, N.C.

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Ha! I guess they picked the right guy to play that part. Maybe that's what triggered Robert Reed to come out as being gay.
Not that there's anything wrong with that..........
ISIS deflated those footballs. And Tom. ISIS and Tom did it.
Next

Return to The Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER