FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Track Bar - Linear Actuator "Question/Opinion"

<<

mmcdonald

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Track Bar - Linear Actuator "Question/Opinion"

Got a question regarding this new gizzmo adjusting the track bar. Seems to me it is like a Linear Actuator used on small planes to raise and lower flaps.

Right now sounds like they a using a switch to control the electric motor polarity to run track bar up and down. Not sure if the driver has a display on dash to keep track of positioning.

My question, will NASCAR allow teams to integrate some computer memory and sensors to automate positioning the track bar.

Seems to me this could be a big help at Pocono where turns a very different and straight ways are long.
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Track Bar - Linear Actuator "Question/Opinion"

NASCAR has mandated the strength of the track bar motor so that it’s not possible to have one drastic setting from the corner to another one the straightaways on the same lap. The strength of the motor combined with the load on the track bar will also be enough to generally prevent drivers from adjusting while in the process of rolling his or her car through the corner
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Track Bar - Linear Actuator "Question/Opinion"

Here is the inside of Clint Bowyers car, with the new track bar in car...What you do with it and how it will react to drivability of the cars, I am not sure even the drivers know....yesterday not many played with it in testing, most were reacting to the new format....which not many liked....

from TSN......

Here's a look at the new adjustable track-bar button in the cars.
Stewart on adjustable track bar: said if trying to promote passing why give drivers ability to make their cars better during a run #‎NASCAR
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke

Return to The Lobby