FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smokey and the Bandit Auction

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 am

Smokey and the Bandit Auction

Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am.jpg
Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am.jpg (55.9 KiB) Viewed 83 times

There was an auction held recently where some of the items in the movie were auctioned off. The owner of the auction company only expected to get about $60,000 for the Trans Am and sold it for $450,000...sold the jacket that Burt Reynold's wore in the movie for more than $34,000...and the license plate off the car went for almost $6000

The auction house owner said that this auction literally brought people in from around the world, something he was not expecting. He knew this was a popular movie back in the 70s, but he had no idea that it would bring fans out that were willing to spend this kind of money.

Makes one wonder if our own Tony Stewart bought any of this stuff after watching some of his ads last year of Tony is the Bandit
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Smokey and the Bandit Auction

That's pretty cool about the auction. I've loved "Smokey and the Bandit" ever since it came out.
I'm surprised that a complete car still existed to auction off. They only had three cars when filming the movie and had to rob parts off one to keep another going. One was destroyed in the bridge jump scene.
Maybe Burt Reynolds should auction himself off, since he's recently bankrupt. :)
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Smokey and the Bandit Auction

That is what this auction was all about, to auction things off to either pay off bills or rebuild assets or both depending on what he made at the end of day. I could not find what the end payoff was when everything was sold off, but seeing what the car went for I would say he certainly did a lot better than anticipated.

Return to The Lobby