FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Does anyone else not like "Daylight Savings Time"

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Does anyone else not like "Daylight Savings Time"

It seems like "daylight saving" does nothing but upset everyone's body clock. I don't mind Falling back, but Springing forward is not a good idea. The kids have to wait for the school bus in the dark and my two puppies just look at me like I am crazy! They like to sleep in and know exactly what time they eat and the school bus coming home, so it is like their world is off kilter. They will eventually adjust, but until then they are not happy camper's! :roll: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Does anyone else not like "Daylight Savings Time"

I'm with the puppy's I really hate daylight savings time and while yesterday was not affected today it screwed up a meeting meeting because the computer internal clock was not set to update and so all the meeting requests we received were wrong. I could have slept an hour longer, but no had a meeting that was actually an hour later(when you have people from different timezones and then you throw in daylight savings, well recipe for disaster).
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 pm

I've never heard a reason that I thought was satisfactory for the time change. The sun doesn't change so why should the clocks? Also I agree about the children and walking in the dark. The Eastern time zone which includes Michigan is set for the New York City business affairs. By rights we should be the same as Indiana as far as the sun goes. The year the president at the time that thought we should be year round on daylight savings time got quite a bit of flap so they changed it back.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I much prefer DST. I would rather have the daylight into the evening. They could leave it at DST all year & I would be happy. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Those of us that work outdoors, use Daylight savings time. I would rather be driving to work in the dark, than physically working in the dark.
BTW Daylight savings time was originated for Farmers if my memory serves me correctly.

Funny thing is though Arizona doesnt acknowledge Daylight savings time. So half the year they are the same as PST & half of the year they are an hour different.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 pm

The thing about daylight savings... is.. it is dated.

The Pacific, Central, Mountain and East coast times were created by the railroads, when trains were the main transportation and everybody needed to be synched up.

Daylight savings came after that, for people working in the fields... for the farmers, to give THEM an extra hour of light, by which to work under. Over the years, the reason has evolved into many different reasons.

There are two things I dislike about Daylight Savings

1) If you work at any places that closes at 2 a.m. .... guess what? Now it's 1 a.m. again and now you have another hour to go :-(

2) It messes up the days from the Gregorian calendar which affects all my astrology stuff. hee hee hee Just kidding.... :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Just heard on TV, that heart attacks increase on the days following the time change, so everyone relax. I lived in Hawaii for three years, and they don't have DST. They live on "Surf's Up" time and it is great. 8-) 8-) Also some parts of Indiana are on DST, and some are not! Go figure!

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm

I don't like losing an hour of sleep.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Indiana has only done the clock changing thing for about 4 years now.

I live in a particular area where I can drive 15 minutes and be in central time. My wife's work has an outdoor clock for the truckers that come in so they know.

Technically, the county she works in is in central time, but our school district is on eastern time (central & north end of that county is on cerntral time).

Some people live in central time and go to work in eastern time everyday...can't imagine how f%cked up they are, especially since the site manager switches peoples schedule around so they sometimes work day shift and sometimes work night shift :shock: :shock: :shock:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Annalee wrote:Just heard on TV, that heart attacks increase on the days following the time change, so everyone relax. I lived in Hawaii for three years, and they don't have DST. They live on "Surf's Up" time and it is great. 8-) 8-) Also some parts of Indiana are on DST, and some are not! Go figure!

Surf's up time is way to dam early for us. How dare you try & make us get up that early.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

jamo14 wrote:Indiana has only done the clock changing thing for about 4 years now.

I live in a particular area where I can drive 15 minutes and be in central time. My wife's work has an outdoor clock for the truckers that come in so they know.

Technically, the county she works in is in central time, but our school district is on eastern time (central & north end of that county is on cerntral time).

Some people live in central time and go to work in eastern time everyday...can't imagine how f%cked up they are, especially since the site manager switches peoples schedule around so they sometimes work day shift and sometimes work night shift :shock: :shock: :shock:

screw that area.
I guess my question would be. If I get to work early, do I get overtime?
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
jamo14 wrote:Indiana has only done the clock changing thing for about 4 years now.

screw that area.
I guess my question would be. If I get to work early, do I get overtime?

no, they take away an hour of your day instead, and give it back when you clock out for the day
well, they leave home at 5:45am so they are at work at 7am...they leave work at 3:30pm and are home by 2:45pm...it really is a DST time warp.....good thing we didn't live there when we got transfered over here...I'd be a constant grump-####
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am

I hate daylight savings time with a purple passion!
Not only do I hate losing an hour of sleep in the Spring, I hate that we now change the clocks in the Fall AFTER Halloween, when it used to be BEFORE Halloween and it would get dark earlier.

Plus how does changing the clocks in Spring save electricity? I just have to turn lights on in the morning now instead of earlier in the evening. DUMB!

Why don't we just turn the clocks back 1/2 hour next Novemeber and call this #$%@* DONE!
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 am

Blackflag, I think you are on to something!!! Makes as much sense as what they are doing now. What do they do in parts of Alaska? In the summertime it is sunny for 20-24 hours a day and in the winter it is dark for the same amount of time. My point is that whether it is daylight or dark doesn't effect the time on the clocks.

I #Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't care if they use Standard time or Day Light Saving, I just wish they would quit changing it. Twice a year, things get screwy. Yesterday I had to be at the courthouse at 7:30 which my body thought was 6:30. Ba Hum Bug! (I saw a license plate the other day that said "BAHMBUG.") LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
Next

Return to The Lobby