FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WTH????

<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: WTH????

beaverpond wrote:Smokieonefour,

I know what you are saying about your emissions standards. We have the same standards on our vehicles that you have and there are a lot of us asking why...we don't have snog, we are not an industialized state, we get everybody else's garbage in our air, and the idiots in Washington seem to think we need stricter restrictions than the other states to our west. Any type of emissions we produce goes up to Canada into Nova Scotia or over the ocean. Its like, get real people, look at where it is coming from, don't punish those who are receiving it. Just sayin'

Hey Beaverpond... ok, now I feel someone else's pain....LOL

The smog stuff is ridiculous... on one hand you have the environmentalists with their tests and data saying how much it's needed.... and on the other, you have scientists saying it's all a bunch of smoke & mirrors... and at the bottom is all the drivers getting caught up in the 3 ring money circus. I wouldn't mind "improving the air quality" ... if only it wasn't so darn expensive. :-(

I've taken California emissions cars to other states.... and have seen basically 2 reactions from mechanics - one is hysterical laughter and the other is wonder & amazement. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm

in a previous statement i made a typo, i typed that people in Europe pay 4 dollars a gallon, actually it is 10 dollars a gallon, tho its may seem expensive to use 3.50-4.00 dollars isnt so bad.....
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Correct MJ - a few months ago, Europe ( UK ) was at, changed over to our costs - $7.50 a gallon or litre, as they use. That was months ago.... also Hawaii is paying huge amounts too, just not sure what their price is now.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Well like I thought, I just got home from getting the kids from school & my corner gas station went down to $3.36, they were $3.39 yesterday. :evil: BUT......will be going up to $3.59 tomorrow because other stations are doing it this afternoon. We have a different gas price every day (literally) & sometimes twice in one day :!:

I'm just glad I'm not out west (Calif or such) or worse, where MJ was talking about!
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Not sure... but I think the explosion of a major gas refinery in Libya yesterday will make all gas rise in price. As of yesterday's news, no one was sure which side blew the refinery... but it's toast now.

I say to Obama, open up the Reserves just a little and take the financial burden off the struggling economy and the people.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I say let us Drill for oil.... If ur waitin on Obama, don't hold ur breath... He wants gas to go UP....more tax $$$$$$$.... :evil:
So much for the economy! We will never sell our house & move to FL now!!!!
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:20 pm

the economy was in the tank before obama took over, oil prices went up due to a certain war that should never have happened.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Smokieonefour,

You ask and you shall receive. I just looked up gas prices in Hawaii on Gas Buddy and they range from $3.69 to $3.89 and that is a survey of more than 30 locations around the state or should I say from around the islands.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I found a web site with questions & you click onto the question you have & you can read about it. It's from the US Dept. of Energy.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml
Aw but yes, the link for" What can I do if I suspect a gas station is price gouging or price fixing?" doesn't work. That's our government.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Fuel Price Regulation http://www.gnb.ca/cnb/Promos/fuel_prices/index-e.asp

Current maximum fuel prices are determined by the N.B. Public Utilities Board. http://www.gnb.ca/0085/Gas_Reg-e.asp
Smoke
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:40 pm

All I got to say is, The Dem's sure know how to Spend our tax $ before they even get their hands on it!!! j looks at his check book, Hmmm, I need more money. O I know how to do it. j writes in some 000,000 after the $10 he has left.....WooooHooo, I'm goin shopin now!!!! :mrgreen:
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Or you could do what my aunt you used to do...as long as she thought she had checks, she had money in the bank. :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

beaverpond wrote:Or you could do what my aunt you used to do...as long as she thought she had checks, she had money in the bank. :mrgreen:

Haaahaaa, Yeah I thought of that too beave. but I like to see all the 0s at the end!!!! :lol: :lol:
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm

beaverpond wrote:Or you could do what my aunt you used to do...as long as she thought she had checks, she had money in the bank. :mrgreen:

OMG....that is just too funny!!!!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 am

Yep, gas at the corner station went up to $3.58 this morn, they're staying a penny cheaper than the rest.
Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby