Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: Hay Gang, Ya got to see this!! Look>>>

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:02 pm

What an awesome thing to be able to follow jsw14.I doubt if a cat or any other animal would have a chance with the adult owls around. Perhap a reporter at your local newspaper would help you with looking for funding the project. I'm sure you would have a lot of interest in the following.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:43 am

Cool pix. Where I used to live near Sparks, NV there is a pair of owls who live at the Home Depot in the garden center. For 2 years we followed these owls and their offspring baby owlettes. They didn't seem to mind us gawking at them and I thought it was curious that they didn't find a home more private. Owls are sure interesting.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 am

SO COOL THEY ARE SO CUTE

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 pm

J... I am soooo..... happy & excited for you on one hand.... and oh so jealous, envious on the other! I want horned owls in a tree at my place too! LOL The pictures are sooooo adorable! Can you please continue to post more pix of them for us? :-)

Turns out I have to drive a few miles to an old burned out oak tree that has a nesting pair of owls in it. They are not the horned owls tho. Around here ( in Cali ) we keep those owls secret. Last time someone pointed out a nest...the forest service removed it and gave it - owls, nest & eggs - to UC Davis animal studies. That broke a lot of local people's hearts. Yes we're sure the owls are getting A-#1 treatment at UCD... but a lot think they belong in the wild and to make their nests where they see fit.

Might want to keep this on the down low for a bit... I'd be a little paranoid about getting gov't or county, city, state involved. Try and find an owl club and seek their advice. ? ? You can always contact UC Davis too and ask them a few questions. UCD didn't take the owls from the home,,, they simply received them and care for them .

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Don't leave Smokie, I took these pic's 1hr ago...Injoy!!!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Awwww.... J :-) Thanks! :-)

((( JSW )))

Tell your wife not to mind the hug... just so happy for you and for posting the pics. :-)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:01 pm

((((Smokie)))) Back at ya :lol: :lol: ur welcome :)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

HOOT HOOT!!

Cute names for them too.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Hey J.....owls are considered to be lucky....hope this means our favorite guy will be winning come Sunday.....hoot hoot

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Little fluff balls! They are getting brave. Too cute. :D

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 am

Do I only see one, or were they alternating?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

It took me 10min too get this photo this mornin H, Injoy :) Hoot is on the left & Annie wants to be the star of the photo-opp. Hmmmmm, could be vice-a-virse-a :? :? I can't keep track of um.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

They sure were checking YOU out, weren't they. The dark strip across their eyes makes it look like they are wearing masks. :lol: :lol:

You can't go to Daytona.... you have to stay home and take pics to post here daily. :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:59 pm

jsw14 wrote:It took me 10min too get this photo this mornin H, Injoy :) Hoot is on the left & Annie wants to be the star of the photo-opp. Hmmmmm, could be vice-a-virse-a :? :? I can't keep track of um.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pic! :-D Time well spent :-)

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Update on Hoot & Annie, Their NOT babys anymore H :) Took this pic 15min ago.......Injoy
Post a reply