FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big Brother Season 16

<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Big Brother Season 16

I can't believe we haven't started a BB thread this season. My apologies to the members of this forum who don't watch the show, especially because most people either love it, hate it or have never heard of it.

I know there are several of us here that have posted during previous seasons so I'll start it off... hopefully someone else is keeping up on this. I actually like the season so far. They have some interesting characters on there.

So far, I like Frankie. I am not watching the feeds but am checking in with the Joker's Updates again. Here's one link for the updates, although I don't think they're as good this year as in previous years. They used to have a bunch of people watching the feeds and updating every detail of every conversation, but it's pretty scant this season.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthre ... pdates.php

Who does everyone else like or dislike? Any predictions who will win?

I liked Caleb to to start but he's so into himself. I wanted to like a good looking country boy but UGH! I like Denny or Donny or whatever the older hick's name is. Super likable guy! I also like Christine from what I see and maybe Nicole. Kind of early yet. I do not live Devin.

Guess my pick would be Frankie as of right now for the winner. Wonder if my ideas on these people will change as the season goes on. I do record Big Brother late night but haven't had time to watch them yet.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Big Brother Season 16

Oh... did anyone else notice when Caleb and a couple of the other guys (but esp. Caleb) came down hard on Joey for wanting to pull off an all-girl alliance? Guess they didn't think about how they did the exact same thing with the boys! UGH!

I was really disappointed in the girls for buckling so quickly! I was excited to root for Girl Power, but then they pussied out. (No pun intended). I liked Joey from the start but she got kind of annoying and stupidly outed the girls alliance. GROAN!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:10 am

ive been watching BB since season 2, some years i get the live feeds, but the last two years have been horrible....
the guys on this show are horrible, except for the every crying donny, u can tell that man has a sweat soul and that idiot devin is going around making up stuff so no one likes him, outside of donny and that surfer kid, nobody on the men side worth rooting for, caleb to me is on some ego trip and frankie is over bearing and devin is just a big ahole..... it stank that joey got thrown out just for making an alliance, so im rooting for that bomb squad alliance to fall apart.....
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 pm

I started watching it again too. Can't stand the idiot Devin. He's trying too & so hard to be a Dwayne Johnson / The Rock, it's nauseating. I'm guessing DJ/Rock is prob not too happy about this guy looking like him, talking like him ... but acting like a paranoid, idiot bully. This guy alone is almost enough to make me want to stop watching. LOL

Caleb is a jerk too. Laughed hard when Jordan ( ? ) shut him down! He'd been liking her for so long ... and finally decided he was gonna tell her ... and it was an EPIC FAIL ! ! ! Lemme see.... how did that incoming bomb sound go again ? ? ? LOL

I really like Frankie too, he's pretty entertaining, witty & funny. Not sure if he would "deserve" to win tho, since sis is mega-rich and he gets whatever he wants, riding on her coat tails. ? ?

I'm liking the nerds Christine & Nicole too. Nicole sounds just like a friend I used to have ... and kind of resembles & acts like her too ... so she seems "familiar" to me, right off the bat. Christine is just good, regular folk - the kind of girl I'd like to have a beer with. Not pretentious, knows who she is, not into all the girly girl glamor... again, just kind of likeable.

That Zack guy's personality is a real turn off too... he's so into himself.

I'm not liking the changes either- America's Team or the 2 HOH's. Wish they would have just let it be like normal with maybe a few new minor changes.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 pm

On a different note - while I do like the concept of the show - take X amount of people and insert in cameras-everywhere house and shut off from the world - I just sometimes wish they would either include more older folks or maybe have a 2nd show for the baby boomers.

Half the time watching the show, I feel like I'm watching the inside of a high school or college / frat house. LOL This year there are so many hair extensions, they could weave them together and make a ladder out of there! LOL Of course I understand, the younger crowd ( read: nicer to look at LOL ) brings in the ratings for their bodies ... but there have been some real entertaining older folks on there too, who didn't get by on their looks.

It's frustrating sometimes to watch 'wet-behind-the-ears' kids make obvious, predictable, stupid mistakes that an older, more life experienced person would look at differently. My, oh my, what a different show it could be... if the people had a developed brain & sense of strategy, gained by life experiences.... not the regular crap in a school yard. LOL

sorry for the rant ...
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 pm

frankie is your typical narcissist, has to be center of attention, he got evicted tomorrow it wouldnt be soon enough for me.
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Really MJ? I guess Smokie and I have a different read on Frankie but it's too soon for me to be sure about how I feel. I think he actually comes off more sincere than most of them but maybe I'm giving him too much credit. I think Caleb is an egomaniac and Yes, Smokie I totally agree about the high school kind of feel of this season. Donny is the only over 40 or probably over 30 there this season and he's not a normal kind of character. I like him, but he's not real normal!! :D They usually have at least one father or mother type. Oh well... I think these guys are pretty interesting all in all, at least better than last season. I like Christine too. She's playing the game and telling people what they want to hear but you can also tell she'd be fun to have as a friend IMO. Cody seems pretty cool too, not what I expected but then it's early. :D
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 pm

im just going by what i seen late last nite and other bits n pieces, at the end of the day we are just observing what they give us and people take away different things
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:52 am

Exactly. Plus, I find my opinion of people change throughout the season.
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 pm

We had company for this weekend and they now have me hooked on this "show"....... We were up watching "BB after dark"...Hubby just rolls his eyes :roll: :roll: I like Donny, but I think there is more to his story than "Grounds Keeper"..... Christine and Nicole are my second favorites,....TBC
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:33 pm

tlmerk wrote:Exactly. Plus, I find my opinion of people change throughout the season.

the more the game is played Caleb is coming off as a stalker to Amber, he called her "his queen" last nite :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Yep, Caleb needs to get a clue. She's just not into you! He's soooo ignorant and he thinks he and Devin and Frankie rule the house. I will enjoy his being "blown up" with the rest of those founding Bombsquad members.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 pm

they already had a big fight last nite caleb/devin, so hopefully the dynamics of the game will change.....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:59 pm

sounds like the bomb squad is ready to break up, if it wasnt for devin and his mental games, this season would be boring......so for that reason i hope he stays...

and since all the good drivers were gone early in the race, i was thinking which BB season you thought was the best? I really enjoyed the season they were couples, i think that was season 9 big time drama on that one....
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Kind of interesting stuff going down in Big Brother. There seems to be more alliances than usual in this season. Some of the houseguests are in multiple alliances. Donny is an interesting gent. I kind of like the position Christine is in. Not sure why all the hating on Victoria but she does seem to just be taking up space in the house. I kind of like Hayden as he has a kick back personality but he does seem to be playing the game. Right now, I pick Derrick for the winner. Derrick's police history seems to be serving him well in the house. Wonder if what he really does for a living will ever come to light. Zach is annoying but the house may be kind of boring without him and the somber, whiny Caleb. Get over Amber Caleb! She's just not into you and seems to be using her feminine wiles on Cody at the moment. Cody can't keep his hands off her on the late night show but he also does not have a problem talking about getting rid of her too. It's like his subconscious takes over when he's around her. Kind of funny.

The America's team of Donny, Frankie and Derrick is interesting but I don't know if Frankie and Derrick just don't like Donny or are trying to conceal their alliance with him by acting like they're willing to put him up, etc. I also don't understand how they got away with putting Amber up as putting up a physical threat which was this week's mission. Caleb or Zach or any of the guys, I can understand, but Amber? WTH? Oh well... Big Brother counted it and said their mission was a success.

What does everybody think so far? Are you still watching or did you give up on this season?
Next

Return to The Lobby