FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

<<

HTower

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

well that sucks. Without knowing the situation all I can really say is good luck. Destructive anger isn't cool.
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 pm

was able to somewhat repair my new car. It's got a few dents, and scrapes, the spoiler is bent, the left front wheel assembly is broken but I was able to get the rear deck lid back on and the windows repaired. Car aint worth anything anymore, but you really can't tell how bruised and battered it is while it's on my shelf. I might get a new one at some point I don't know yet.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun May 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Yo to all you 1/24th scale diecast collectors out there..... I just made a purchase on ebay that is sure to revolutionize the hobby of collecting autographed diecasts. I did an ebay search for NASCAR autographs, and I found this ingenious invention. A sheet of transparent vinyl stickers the size of a 1/24th scale windshield. So if your going to the track in search of autographs all you need to bring is this sheet of stickers. If you are fortunate enough to meet any drivers you just have them sign the stickers. Then at the end of the weekend you take your stickers home and affix them on any diecast you would like. It's beyond convenient, no more lugging all kinds of diecasts to the track. No more worrying about damaging your diecasts. You wont be stuck lugging a ton of stuff around for three days. Such a simple solution to an issue I know I've had a ton of trouble with over the years. What diecasts do I bring? I only can carry so many at a time, what drivers do I think I might encounter? Now I can get up to 30 diecasts autographed in a single weekend and have nothing to lug around but a Sharpie marker, a clip board, and a few sheets of these stickers. I should have them just in time for my Pocono weekend.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon May 27, 2013 1:18 pm

cslonewolf wrote:Yo to all you 1/24th scale diecast collectors out there..... I just made a purchase on ebay that is sure to revolutionize the hobby of collecting autographed diecasts. I did an ebay search for NASCAR autographs, and I found this ingenious invention. A sheet of transparent vinyl stickers the size of a 1/24th scale windshield. So if your going to the track in search of autographs all you need to bring is this sheet of stickers. If you are fortunate enough to meet any drivers you just have them sign the stickers. Then at the end of the weekend you take your stickers home and affix them on any diecast you would like. It's beyond convenient, no more lugging all kinds of diecasts to the track. No more worrying about damaging your diecasts. You wont be stuck lugging a ton of stuff around for three days. Such a simple solution to an issue I know I've had a ton of trouble with over the years. What diecasts do I bring? I only can carry so many at a time, what drivers do I think I might encounter? Now I can get up to 30 diecasts autographed in a single weekend and have nothing to lug around but a Sharpie marker, a clip board, and a few sheets of these stickers. I should have them just in time for my Pocono weekend.

...cool idea, though there are some "purists" who would be anal(retentive) about having the siggy actually ON the car...if you were ever to sell, I mean.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri May 31, 2013 11:47 pm

I could do without this one, but...it's FPO...

...maybe it won't make MOQ... ;) :D
Last edited by smoke14rulez on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Well Pocono weekend is approaching and with it comes driver appearances. This Thursday I am once again going to meet NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champ Brad Keselowski at a local bar. I have my 2012 Support the troops Miller Lite #2 Dodge Charger and my 2013 Miller Lite #2 Ford Fusion all Ready to go get signed. This will bring my total number of signed Keselowski cars to five.... Cool thing Is I only have five cars so I guess I'll be batting a thousand when it comes to getting his autograph. Guess I will have to invest in at least one more car before his August appearance.

I also just found out that Kyle Busch and Joey lagano will be appearing at a local Wal-Mart on Thurs. I do not own any diecasts of either driver, but maybe I'll pick up some cheap Hot Wheels or something if I can make it to this appearance. I LOVE NASCAR WEEKEND IN THE POCONOS!!!!!!!
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:24 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:I could do without this one, but...it's FPO...

...maybe it won't make MOQ... ;) :D

...and now I'm gonna' end up with two of 'em... :lol: ... :roll:

Image Image
<<

pcasto

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I would love to start collecting Die Cast cars.
Starting with the "GoDaddy" #10. Then work
My way from their. Sadly, they've all been out
of my range of affordability.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:57 pm

pcasto wrote:I would love to start collecting Die Cast cars.

have you tried ebay? can always pick up a deal there, it is an expensive hobby to get into for sure, good luck!
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:16 pm

cslonewolf wrote:Well Pocono weekend is approaching and with it comes driver appearances. This Thursday I am once again going to meet NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champ Brad Keselowski at a local bar. I have my 2012 Support the troops Miller Lite #2 Dodge Charger and my 2013 Miller Lite #2 Ford Fusion all Ready to go get signed. This will bring my total number of signed Keselowski cars to five.... Cool thing Is I only have five cars so I guess I'll be batting a thousand when it comes to getting his autograph. Guess I will have to invest in at least one more car before his August appearance.

I also just found out that Kyle Busch and Joey lagano will be appearing at a local Wal-Mart on Thurs. I do not own any diecasts of either driver, but maybe I'll pick up some cheap Hot Wheels or something if I can make it to this appearance. I LOVE NASCAR WEEKEND IN THE POCONOS!!!!!!!

Well I was able to make it to all three appearences. I got both my Keselowski cars signed. Kyle was the 1st one and I was kinda upset I didn't have a car to get signed, so after his signing there was time before Logano's signing so I went to my dealer and got his 2013 Shell Penzoil car. So I ended the day with 3 signed cars, and signed post cards from each driver. Plus a signed pick of Kyle's wife Samantha. What a sweet woman she is.

Due to all the rain I didn't bother going to the track on Fri. but I'm planning on going tomorrow. Getting autographs on Sun is usually pretty difficult, but I'm hoping to get the chance to use my Shield Graphs.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 pm

pcasto wrote:I would love to start collecting Die Cast cars.

Yea they are quite expensive, but like MJ said you can normally get great deals on them on e-bay. but be for warned if you do decide to start the hobby, let me tell you it is addicting as heck. You might start out collecting just cars of your fav drivers, but before you know it you will be getting any car you think looks cool. It is a very fun hobby though, at least I know I enjoy it. My woman not so much.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 pm

also racingusacom they always have great deals on diecast.......

i decided to give my diecast to a childrens hospital, instead of trying to sell them, i had 2 tony cars on ebay for a month and didnt sell, either they made too many of those cars or not many dig him anymore....
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:57 am

michaeljohn wrote:also racingusacom they always have great deals on diecast.......

i decided to give my diecast to a childrens hospital, instead of trying to sell them, i had 2 tony cars on ebay for a month and didnt sell, either they made too many of those cars or not many dig him anymore....

...RacingUSA will usually "bundle" cars at the end of the year. A lot of times they'll do the "standard paint" cars(for those who have two) for basically 2-for1. Ebay sellers usually start to discount around the start of the Chase and end of the season. I usually wait to get my "standard paints" then(since they closed my local shop) half price deals are common then. But, with Danica's popularity, she may sell out a lot of paint schemes.
Image Image
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i decided to give my diecast to a childrens hospital.

That's a nice idea. :) But, remember that those aren't meant for small children to play with, who typically like to play "smash up" with cars...I know I did with my Matchbox cars. :lol: They DO have small parts that can break off and present a choking hazard. Make sure to give notice to whomever is in charge so they can #### the safety for small children.
Image Image
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:05 pm

ya that hit me the other day about the small pieces, i wouldnt mind if they used them for smash up, if it made them feel better, i guess if the hospital took them, only give them to pre- teen and teenagers.

last year on nascar.com i got a couple special paint schemes from the year before, and the most i paid was 37 dollars which wasnt bad
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby