Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:38 am

i have 2 of the peter max car... wont part with them, crazy paint job

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Just got a Ryan Newman Winston Winner car from ebay. I guess I did not read the item description very well before I put a bid on it. I just knew it was a car I did not have and it was cheap enough, so I bid on it. The car arrived today, I was really surprised when I opened it and it was a dark chrome. Beautiful car, maybe I'll post pics tomorrow

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:40 am

...hey, I was happy enough to see just ONE after the first part of the season. But, this is good too... ;) :D

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:58 pm

It is amazing how some people have no idea what they have.

i stopped at a garage sale yesterday and spotted some loose 1/64's on a table. Asked how much, and the lady said 25 cents each, so I picked them up.

101_4597.jpg
101_4597.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

Then I saw several 1/24's on another table. I put a few aside and asked again how much. She said " Well, how about $2.00 each?" I almost choked. Grabbed a few more and put them aside. All together for the 1/24's I got a Gordon DuPont flame, Gordon Pepsi/Fritos, Gordon Brookfield Corvette, Earnhardt "Plus" clear window bank, Rusty "Miller/Goo Goo Dolls", and 2 Kenny Schraeder Stock Rods. The Earnhardt has a small crack in the windshield, but the others are mint.

101_4617.JPG
101_4617.JPG (195.28 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

Then I noticed a really long Action box, and a plain brown box about the same size next to it. Peeked into the first one, and it was a Winston drag race car in a display case, mint condition. The plain box had another one with a different scheme. Price? $5.00 each.

101_4618.JPG
101_4618.JPG (172.39 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

$25.00 for all of them. Best deal I've ever gotten on diecasts.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I mean this in a nice way....you suck!! i woulda gone all the way to $30 lol.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

####!!!!!!!! you lucky S.O.B. lol thats as bad as the dude on ebay that got rid of an Earnhardt Peter Maxx car for $26.00. Thats some deal you got there man congrats.......

I just got two Ryan diecasts last night on ebay. a team caliber 1/24 scale (looks like it might be a pitstop) and a 1/64 scale hauler (not sure of the make of that) both are autographed, both for $10.00 plus shipping. I think I already have the car (in a preferred or owners series) but mines not autographed.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I promised the lil woman I would not purchase any more diecasts for a while, because we have finally settled on a vacation. We are gonna save as much money as we can till we take a vacation to Fla. in Feb. So I kinda figured that since I am not buying any more for a while I want to start mailing the ones I do have out to see if I can't get em signed. lol that way when they come back it'll be almost like getting a new car ha ha. I'm not sure what drivers do sign stuff thats mailed to them, but from what I understand Ryan does so thats a good thing considering I mostly only have Newman cars, along w/ a select few other drivers cars.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I think almost all of them will sign items mailed to them, but recently I read that one driver, can't remember who, will not sign anything sent in the mail. Wish I could remember who it was. I'm wanting to send some stuff to Ryan also, haven't decided which pieces but I'm thinking my '11 Army gunmetal, an Alltel sample ( forget the year ), and one or two other items.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Kind of a bitter sweet moment for me today lol........ I got my last two ebay purchases (for a lil while) in the mail today.........

First up a Ryan Newman 2005 Mobil 1 Dodge. The seller said it was one of 300 pieces yet this one says right on it #499, hmmmmmmm how does that work? Guess they count a lil diff in Texas than what I'm used to lol........

Nice car anyway, and I've been tryin to get my hands on it for a long time.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Next up a couple of older Ryan diecasts..........

A 2002 Team Caliber Pitstop (just like I thought it might be) autographed by Ryan across the windshield w/ a silver Sharpie.........

Next a Ryan Newman 1/64th scale hauler made by HotWheels autographed by Ryan on the trailor........

I only paid $10.00 for them. They didn't come w/ any kind of C.O.A but I have enough of Ryan's autographs and these seem pretty authentic when compared to the ones I know are real. But since I only paid $10.00 for them I feel the cars are worth $5.00 if the autographs are fake. There was also about 3 lbs of dust on each of them, but I think I got that for free ha ha

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm

MichaelOsceola wrote:I think almost all of them will sign items mailed to them, but recently I read that one driver, can't remember who, will not sign anything sent in the mail. Wish I could remember who it was. I'm wanting to send some stuff to Ryan also, haven't decided which pieces but I'm thinking my '11 Army gunmetal, an Alltel sample ( forget the year ), and one or two other items.

Well I have looked into it and each driver has their own rules for sending items for autographs. So I looked into all the drivers guidelines that I have diecast of. All the ones I looked into Ryan included will only grant two autographed items per household per year. All of them suggest that when sending a diecast you remove it from the box before shipping (or they will just sign the box and send it back) That kinda bothers me a little about sending any of the winged cars, the wing seems like it wouldn't take much to break off if it's not wrapped really well.

Three drivers I looked into Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Dale Jr. are asking to not send anything to them because they are so backlogged w/ autograph requests your request could take up to a year or more to process.

So unfortunatly my plan will not work out quite as well as I had hoped lol. I'm tryin to figure out what two Ryan cars I'd like to send first. I have a Harvick Kiss car I wanna send. a couple retired drivers (Rusty Wallace, Ernie Ervan, Terry Labonte, and Jimmy Spencer) I'd like to try to send too. I have a couple Jeff Burton and Bobby Labonte cars too I was thinkin about sending out.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 pm

...another "not so" special paint scheme... :|

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:...another "not so" special paint scheme... :|

I'm sure I'll get some crap for sayin this, but #### that is one ugly @$$ car

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm

just curious does anyone have any low DIN #'s in their collection, i have a couple 48's for JJ and some in the teens and twenty's, to me that is the exciting part about getting the car..

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 pm

I have one sample of Ryan's, and a couple of proto's of Tony's in 1/43, but not really any low numbers.
Post a reply