FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

i have 2 of the peter max car... wont part with them, crazy paint job
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Just got a Ryan Newman Winston Winner car from ebay. I guess I did not read the item description very well before I put a bid on it. I just knew it was a car I did not have and it was cheap enough, so I bid on it. The car arrived today, I was really surprised when I opened it and it was a dark chrome. Beautiful car, maybe I'll post pics tomorrow
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:40 am

...hey, I was happy enough to see just ONE after the first part of the season. But, this is good too... ;) :D

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:58 pm

It is amazing how some people have no idea what they have.

i stopped at a garage sale yesterday and spotted some loose 1/64's on a table. Asked how much, and the lady said 25 cents each, so I picked them up.

101_4597.jpg
101_4597.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

Then I saw several 1/24's on another table. I put a few aside and asked again how much. She said " Well, how about $2.00 each?" I almost choked. Grabbed a few more and put them aside. All together for the 1/24's I got a Gordon DuPont flame, Gordon Pepsi/Fritos, Gordon Brookfield Corvette, Earnhardt "Plus" clear window bank, Rusty "Miller/Goo Goo Dolls", and 2 Kenny Schraeder Stock Rods. The Earnhardt has a small crack in the windshield, but the others are mint.

101_4617.JPG
101_4617.JPG (195.28 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

Then I noticed a really long Action box, and a plain brown box about the same size next to it. Peeked into the first one, and it was a Winston drag race car in a display case, mint condition. The plain box had another one with a different scheme. Price? $5.00 each.

101_4618.JPG
101_4618.JPG (172.39 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

$25.00 for all of them. Best deal I've ever gotten on diecasts.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

chip28018

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I mean this in a nice way....you suck!! i woulda gone all the way to $30 lol.
<<

cslonewolf

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

####!!!!!!!! you lucky S.O.B. lol thats as bad as the dude on ebay that got rid of an Earnhardt Peter Maxx car for $26.00. Thats some deal you got there man congrats.......

I just got two Ryan diecasts last night on ebay. a team caliber 1/24 scale (looks like it might be a pitstop) and a 1/64 scale hauler (not sure of the make of that) both are autographed, both for $10.00 plus shipping. I think I already have the car (in a preferred or owners series) but mines not autographed.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I promised the lil woman I would not purchase any more diecasts for a while, because we have finally settled on a vacation. We are gonna save as much money as we can till we take a vacation to Fla. in Feb. So I kinda figured that since I am not buying any more for a while I want to start mailing the ones I do have out to see if I can't get em signed. lol that way when they come back it'll be almost like getting a new car ha ha. I'm not sure what drivers do sign stuff thats mailed to them, but from what I understand Ryan does so thats a good thing considering I mostly only have Newman cars, along w/ a select few other drivers cars.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I think almost all of them will sign items mailed to them, but recently I read that one driver, can't remember who, will not sign anything sent in the mail. Wish I could remember who it was. I'm wanting to send some stuff to Ryan also, haven't decided which pieces but I'm thinking my '11 Army gunmetal, an Alltel sample ( forget the year ), and one or two other items.
Go Ryan!
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Kind of a bitter sweet moment for me today lol........ I got my last two ebay purchases (for a lil while) in the mail today.........

First up a Ryan Newman 2005 Mobil 1 Dodge. The seller said it was one of 300 pieces yet this one says right on it #499, hmmmmmmm how does that work? Guess they count a lil diff in Texas than what I'm used to lol........

Nice car anyway, and I've been tryin to get my hands on it for a long time.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Next up a couple of older Ryan diecasts..........

A 2002 Team Caliber Pitstop (just like I thought it might be) autographed by Ryan across the windshield w/ a silver Sharpie.........

Next a Ryan Newman 1/64th scale hauler made by HotWheels autographed by Ryan on the trailor........

I only paid $10.00 for them. They didn't come w/ any kind of C.O.A but I have enough of Ryan's autographs and these seem pretty authentic when compared to the ones I know are real. But since I only paid $10.00 for them I feel the cars are worth $5.00 if the autographs are fake. There was also about 3 lbs of dust on each of them, but I think I got that for free ha ha
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm

MichaelOsceola wrote:I think almost all of them will sign items mailed to them, but recently I read that one driver, can't remember who, will not sign anything sent in the mail. Wish I could remember who it was. I'm wanting to send some stuff to Ryan also, haven't decided which pieces but I'm thinking my '11 Army gunmetal, an Alltel sample ( forget the year ), and one or two other items.

Well I have looked into it and each driver has their own rules for sending items for autographs. So I looked into all the drivers guidelines that I have diecast of. All the ones I looked into Ryan included will only grant two autographed items per household per year. All of them suggest that when sending a diecast you remove it from the box before shipping (or they will just sign the box and send it back) That kinda bothers me a little about sending any of the winged cars, the wing seems like it wouldn't take much to break off if it's not wrapped really well.

Three drivers I looked into Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Dale Jr. are asking to not send anything to them because they are so backlogged w/ autograph requests your request could take up to a year or more to process.

So unfortunatly my plan will not work out quite as well as I had hoped lol. I'm tryin to figure out what two Ryan cars I'd like to send first. I have a Harvick Kiss car I wanna send. a couple retired drivers (Rusty Wallace, Ernie Ervan, Terry Labonte, and Jimmy Spencer) I'd like to try to send too. I have a couple Jeff Burton and Bobby Labonte cars too I was thinkin about sending out.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 pm

...another "not so" special paint scheme... :|

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:...another "not so" special paint scheme... :|

I'm sure I'll get some crap for sayin this, but #### that is one ugly @$$ car
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm

just curious does anyone have any low DIN #'s in their collection, i have a couple 48's for JJ and some in the teens and twenty's, to me that is the exciting part about getting the car..
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 pm

I have one sample of Ryan's, and a couple of proto's of Tony's in 1/43, but not really any low numbers.
Go Ryan!
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby