FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

<<

herbie14

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

jsw14 wrote:My first project on my new work-bench. I had the flags already made before we moved to Fl. just had to get my tools set-up to make the Oak base's. This is a pin-set for a PC desk or office desk. It's 12" long & 5 1/4 wide, in the shape of the Chevy Emblum. I put All 7 Nascar flags on it with the ink-pin & a 1/64 car!!!! Looks realy Cool.

Great work J. Thats awesome!
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm

I was a lil bored so I snapped a few pics of some of my fav diecasts........

These are my 2011 ARMY cars

"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:43 pm

another Smoke car I picked up not long ago....... 2010 Old Spice brushed metal car......

This is a pretty sweet car
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Two of my very favorite cars, They are kinda hard to find for one, two I got them both autographed by Ryan making them even more rare. My 2009 Ryan Newman U.S. ARMY & HAAS Automation cars

YUP RYAN TOUCHED BOTH OF EM LOL I'M NEVER WASHING THESE CARS AGAIN HA HA
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Nice cars, I have the '11 flashcoat, it's pretty different. Is the other one the stealth or ghost? I forget the difference.

And I wish I could find a '09 Haas at a good price, that ones at the top of my wish list right now.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:05 pm

MichaelOsceola wrote:Nice cars, I have the '11 flashcoat, it's pretty different. Is the other one the stealth or ghost? I forget the difference.

And I wish I could find a '09 Haas at a good price, that ones at the top of my wish list right now.

It's a Stealth, I kinda thought ghost and stealth were the same thing. Don't know if you are aware, but they are also doing a line called ICE. They are white and grey
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah I've seen pictures of the ice finish, honestly I don't know if I like them or not. I kinda think they get a little carried away trying to do new finishes; before long they'll be doing glow in the dark finishes on them.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:06 pm

yea I'm not sure ifI liked the ice finish myself, I guess it depends on the paint scheme. Ice might be ok w/ say the HAAS car, but the ARMY car no. LOL on the glow in the dark. Most of the finishes have been pretty cool, but there are some i didn't like. I love the chromes, color chromes. The flashcoats on some (like the ARMY car) are pretty nice, but them some it doesn't look to good. I like the brushed metal, but I don't think anything brushed metal looks bad. I guess the only one I really haven't liked were the copper ones, I just don't think they look right.

P.S. If you like the flashcoats I saw a couple Ryan ones on Ebay....... They have the WIX filters car, and the ARMY birthday car
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 pm

one wall in the "Man Cave"........................

Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am

cslonewolf wrote:
MichaelOsceola wrote:Nice cars, I have the '11 flashcoat, it's pretty different. Is the other one the stealth or ghost? I forget the difference.

It's a Stealth, I kinda thought ghost and stealth were the same thing. Don't know if you are aware, but they are also doing a line called ICE. They are white and grey

Ghost are just "polished" Stealth cars...only done in Elites this year. Haven't seen the Ice cars in person(just the mock-ups) so I'll reserve judgement 'til I see one. I don't collect many "special finish" cars, just have a few. Some look good depending on the paint scheme. Like, I think the Copper & Gold look good on simple schemes...like Tony's '05-'07 Home Depot, Logano's or Harvicks current schemes. Plain, no stripes look best 'cause you just get the finish w/the basic graphics.
Last edited by smoke14rulez on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:one wall in the "Man Cave"........................

:D

Image Image
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:03 am

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY...I didn't think I'd see one of these this year, and it's the AMAZINGINGLY creative "Printing Done Right" special paint scheme! :roll: (so much for MJ's theory that they go "all out" for Tony's cars ;) :lol: ) Oh well, it wouldn't have been produced any other way...and it DOES have the "Support Our Troops" tires...so, that's somethin'... :D

Image Image
<<

chip28018

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Can you say pre ordered??? Already on the way. I know I have already asked but are they really not gonna do a cool scheme for mobil 1???
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

chip28018 wrote:Can you say pre ordered??? Already on the way. I know I have already asked but are they really not gonna do a cool scheme for mobil 1???

...I dunno'...I would've thought so(and they still may) but, the later it gets in the season, the less likely I think it is? But, I'll keep my eyes out...who knows???? ;) :D
Image Image
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:43 pm

So disappointed. I had a hudge find last night on ebay. I couldn't find any Newman diecasts that interested me, so I started looking around at some other stuff. I looked up Dale Earnhardt. I found one listed as "Dale Earnhardt number 3 car, very colorfull" Upon opening the link, it was one of the rarest, most expensive die casts ever. It was an original Peter Maxx car. The bidding was at (I believe) like $20.00. I put a $25.03 bid on it, because there was less than 30 minutes remaining to bid. I ended up losing the car in the final seconds by $1.00. The dude selling that had no idea what he had, but the person winning it got one #### of a deal. I hope it was a Gang Banger

I was able to get a Jeff Gordon Pepsi car from 09 for $10.50
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby