Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 am

Since they closed the old site, we lost our thread. So, here's a new one. :D

I'll start with the subject: New Raced Win Displays

In case you didn't know(or don't collect 'em) the "Raced Wins" come in a display case this year.(see pic) I(personally) am not diggin' em. I mean, I think they look pretty cool, but I have mine layed out individually...so, the case would throw the whole layout off. Now, I'm sure you can remove them from the cases,(I figure it's the same screws that they use to hold'em in the 'regular' styrofoam packaging) but, it's just more usless waste...in my case. Unless those aren't as big as the old ones used to be?(the Revell's came in 'huge' boxes)

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't like the case I like to display mine in my big glass display case. I can't wait for the mobile 1car to add to the collection!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:13 pm

I also keep mine in big glass display case.Just ordered the Wix car Ryan ran in shootout :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Take a look at my gallery I have over 1500 diecast (mostly tonys) post comments and let me know what ya think.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:19 pm

i have a small collection, maybe 300,160 of them are JJ's and i have about 40 ryan. I keep a hand full out on display, the rest i keep in their boxes,

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm

chip28018 wrote:Take a look at my gallery I have over 1500 diecast (mostly tonys) post comments and let me know what ya think.

Nice collection Chip

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 pm

I would put my collection up in my gallery but I cant figure out how to resize the pics. I have about 50 all tony.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Heather14 wrote:I don't like the case I like to display mine in my big glass display case. I can't wait for the mobile 1car to add to the collection!

The cases are only for "Raced Win" cars...the regular standard paint and special paint scheme cars will come in the regular styrofoam packaging.

I just went ahead and ordered the Elite "Raced Win" of the Oreo car today. I don't buy too many Elites 'cause I don't feel the extra detail is worth the $30 upcharge. But, these "Raced Win" cars, with the case are $79.99...so, that puts them at just $10 less than the Elites. And with the Elites I don't have to worry about the case. ;)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

chip28018 wrote:Take a look at my gallery I have over 1500 diecast (mostly tonys) post comments and let me know what ya think.

VERY COOL! 8-)
...and I thought I wasted...uhhmmm...spent alot of money on diecast and stuff. ;) :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 am

I have to many to count and take pictures of.Tony,ryan jeff jimmy dale dale jr kevin steve[parks] kenny irwin and many more.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 am

Haven't decided if I like the case or not. I think it's good they want to do something different, just not sure that is worth the cost. I have 45-50 Ryan 1/24's plus probably just as many 1/64's, a load of Tony 1/64's plus a couple 1/43 protos and miscellaneous items, and I don't know how much else that I've collected. Not enough room for all of it anymore so I really need to thin it out (i.e., sale if you're looking for anything ). Eventually will get some pictures up here, but for now I have my Ryan collection on Photobucket.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 am

Heather14 wrote:I would put my collection up in my gallery but I cant figure out how to resize the pics. I have about 50 all tony.

You don't have to resize gallery pics, as long as they're under 1000X800...which is a pretty good sized pic. I just loaded a 660X448 pic(which is in the 'standard' size range) with no problem. ;)

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Just came in today think its my new favorite
Attachments
CIMG0072.jpg
CIMG0072.jpg (181.67 KiB) Viewed 7551 times

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm

S W E E T diecast Bro! :) Who can not like that car? :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I have about hmmm, 45 to 50 diecast's myself. here is 3 of Tony's #20 Joe Gibbs cars all signed by the man Tony Stewart... :)
from left to right: Tony's 1999 Rookie car, his 05 Championship dealer only car
(only 1,100 made) & his 02 peanuts car. most all my diecast cars are packed away cause we have our house up for sale! :(
Post a reply