FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

gohaas

<<

jamie1439

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

gohaas

Nascar racing was not in her lists of favorite TV shows, then we married in 1996 and all of that changed I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan at the time and we were stationed in Germany in 2001 when he passed. She looked at me and said I am so sorry, I am pulling for Tony Stewart from now on. I thought yeah right that will all change, but it never did and she never stopped her commitment to Tony (she would say he could be on a bicycle with no pedals and still pass half the cars in the field). Everything she owned I think was orange at one time, and then red. In 2004 we bought a new truck unaware at the time that there was a production of 2005 Tony Stewart Edition Monte Carlo's. So I had to hear about that for the next 6 years, I want that car she would say all the time. Well two years ago I was able to get her the car she wanted for her birthday and I got it with low miles and she kept it that way. We went to Bristol last (8), Martinsville and Dover On the 31 Dec 11 in the morning hours my wife passed away unexpectedly. I want to thank Tony and Nascar for making her Sunday's something that she looked forward to every week. jamie1439
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Re: gohaas

I'm so sorry for your loss jamie1439. Your story was so sweet and interesting and I wasn't prepared for the ending. May the memories of your wife help you with your grief.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I would wish her soul rest, but it sounds like she would rather be jumping up and down for Tony. Remember, her life was happy because of what you gave her. Her sprite will be with you.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

tonysgal

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 am

you have my sympathies jamie. my husband used to laugh at me saying he was afraid i was going to paint our house Home Depot orange and put a big 20 on the roof. i lost him jan 13 2007 to cancer. i know he is chuckling at me since tony won the championship, at all my dancing and hollering. he knew how much i love Tony!!!!

she is somewhere dancing and laughing too. waiting on the season to start again!!!

be strong

tg
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

im4tony

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:10 pm

To Jamie and Tonysgal

My heartfelt sympathies to you both. I know how difficult it must be having lost both my parents. The memories, however, are the things they keep us going. As a Tony fan, I know my husband can relate to your story, Jamie. When I went thru cancer in 1997, Nascar kept me going as did my buddy Tony.

I am sorry for you both but know how special your spouses were to "put up with us" and our Tony addiction.

I hope someday to meet Tony. I have been close to him but never got an autograph or looked him in the eye. Some day......
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks for the post. Nice tribute to your wife. What was her name?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so very sorry for your loss. Everyone one on this blog can identify with how special Tony has made our Sundays. I am so happy she got to see him win his third Championship and what an exciting race it was. I know how happy she must have been. I believe in Angels, and you and Tony now have a good one. God bless you and help to heal your broken heart.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jamie1439

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Her name is Missie Porter, today is her funeral and my family talked me into her having her leather office depot jacket on, so I did and last night at the viewing I am glad they did because she looked exactly like what i always remember
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:13 pm

jamie1439 wrote:Her name is Missie Porter, today is her funeral and my family talked me into her having her leather office depot jacket on, so I did and last night at the viewing I am glad they did because she looked exactly like what i always remember
I am so sorry for your loss, she sounds like an amazing women. my thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved her, sincerely Lisa
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:14 pm

tonysgal wrote:you have my sympathies jamie. my husband used to laugh at me saying he was afraid i was going to paint our house Home Depot orange and put a big 20 on the roof. i lost him jan 13 2007 to cancer. i know he is chuckling at me since tony won the championship, at all my dancing and hollering. he knew how much i love Tony!!!!

she is somewhere dancing and laughing too. waiting on the season to start again!!!

be strong

tg
I am sorry Tg, he sounds like a amazing guy !
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:10 pm

How nice. I am sure Missy was smiling from Heaven.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

dfizban

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:45 pm

So Sorry for your loss. Glad she got to drive the car she wanted. May God Bless You.
Where there is Smoke there is a fire to win!!!

Return to The Lobby