FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So.... How Did Y'all Make Out ?

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:50 pm

So.... How Did Y'all Make Out ?

Did anyone get "the best gift EVER!" this year? If so... what ?

How many of you got Tony / Ryan / Danica gear?

What did ya get & who ( loves & knows you ) bought it?

Are there any "Aunt Fanny fell in the punch bowl this year" stories?

Did any animals make or break the holiday? Holiday travel stories?

I didn't get ANY Tony gear. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: So.... How Did Y'all Make Out ?

Well Smokie, This has been a Amazing year for the wife & I. We sold our house in TN, & moved to Florida in May this year. We couldn't be more happy. But if your talkin about Xmas gifts, we took a ride to Daytona Speedway today (1 hour drive) & took the Petty Ride-a-Long Experience! 3 laps around Daytona!!!! What a Ride :D Now thats the BEST gift EVER :D :D :mrgreen:
Plus we found this banner layin on the ground next to a plam tree in the infield.... It's 2' x 3'. They put these up for Speedweeks every Feb...... :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:16 am

Whoa - cool, j :!: 8-) I thought the speedway would be more than an hour's drive from The Villages. You're lucky to live that close. No wonder you're going this January. :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah H, we found a short-cut by takin the back roads & it takes ya right to speedway blvd.... Fast & easy :) :)
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am

Received Tony banner and coffee cup from my daughter. I collect coffee cups. I now have a new favorite!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:56 am

jsw14 wrote:.... Fast & easy :) :)

Wonder what it will be like on race day? ;) :lol:

So have you guys got a spare bedroom for my wife & I? You're much closer than we are. ;) :lol: I'll pay for the gas or drive. :mrgreen: I can bring my Aerobed from the 1-point-club. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:04 pm

This was probably one of the best Christmas days ever. Our daughter has hosted the Holiday for several years now and she really knocked herself out. She prepared the dinner for 14 people and it was awesome. To me to have a stress free holiday dinner was the best gift ever. I gave away perhaps the coolest gift I think I've ever found. I made up gift bags with things from the dollar store and I bought pencils that you mark bills with to see if they are counterfeit. They really work as the mark on a bill was really light but on paper very dark. Do I havea sense of humor? Oh you bet I do. It was a strange gift but practical.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 pm

http://www.tonystewart.com/store/product-detail.cfm/7/145/5011/striped-hoodie
This is the hooded sweatshirt I got. But after it was bought before Tony won the championship, they have one out with the championship on the front I would have like to have had.

Oh well, got a champion's jacket on order that will come in March.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow! I'm so envious of y'all that got Tony gear! Can you please have your gift buying people call my people? LOL

J - your present sounds awesome! You are right... that is quite the gift! Got any more pics from the experience? Way to go on scoring the flag! :-)

NDunn... you are also so right to say " a stress free Christmas and dinner can be a wonderful gift! :-) I hear ya, loud & clear on that one! LOL A few years ago, I did the dinner for 15, fancy China & flatware... and WOW! What a chore! LOL More like, "a labor of love"... but I can wait a few more years before I do that again! :-)

Glad you all had a great time and got great stuff! :-) Thanks for sharing, too. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

jsw14

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 am

Here ya go Smokie;
Here is a pic of me straped in the car ready to go 3 laps around Daytona. (#22 Kurt Busch's car) It didn't matter to me what car I was riding in, it's the ride that counts.They take U out 3 or 4 cars at a time. If U ever go, get in the last car, cause the middle car & your car will weave in & out from inside lane to outside lane just like your racin!!!! It was just tooooooo Cool.....
Of course the wife had to ride in Jeff Gordon's car in front of the pack.....She didn't want to get out of the car when the ride was over. I don't blame her.... U go 165mph in the corners, & 175mph down the back stretch!!!! It's the Best 3 Lap RUSSSSSH U can get at Daytona!!!!

Yeah H, we have a hide-a-bed in the spare bedroom. Come on up & spend a day or so before the race in Feb 8-) :) "Let's Go Racin Boy's"
<<

im4tony

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:53 am

Well I have always wanted to read the book Tony wrote, True Speed, and my younger son got that for me for Christmas. He asked me what I wanted but I didn't think he would find it locally, but he did.

I have enough tees of tony that clothing doesn't matter much to me.

However I would like the ride of a lifetime if Tony ever has a racing experience and HE is driving. That would be the best...

I have driven on Daytona in a classic car. They only let us drive 1/4 mile and couldn't go over 35 MPH
It was a thrill though seeing the wall of asphalt to our right and trying to hold onto the steering wheel as we drove the little course they mapped out for us.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Wow J ! Super awesome! Sorry you got stuck with the 22... but it was nice of you to let your wife have the 24! :-) Thanks for the pic! :-) You look SO happy! :-)

Im4tony, gosh, I'm envious of your experience too! I have just got to do this ( the drive the track experience ) one day before I die! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

jsw14

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 pm

[quote="smokieonefour"]... but it was nice of you to let your wife have the 24! :-)
I didn't LET the wife have the 24, Smokie. She said>> If she didn't ride in the 24, I'd be Walkin home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
<<

justlisa

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I think I got the usual, my most treasured present was a bracket from my son. Its just a plain sterling silver, but the meaning behind it and the card makes it one of my most treasured possessions.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:04 am

I got a Tony wristwatch.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
Next

Return to The Lobby