FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ANYBODY ELSE HAVING ISSUES...QUARANTINE FILE

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 am

ANYBODY ELSE HAVING ISSUES...QUARANTINE FILE

All the updates for the past twenty four hours have ended up in my quarantine mail file and I can't extract them as they are labeled as phishing. I have been having numerous conversations with my internet and e-mail providers and they say there is nothing I can do to stop it from going into this file.

I am contemplating of setting up a new e-mail address strickly for this site and see what happens. Anybody have any other ideas.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 am

Re: ANYBODY ELSE HAVING ISSUES...QUARANTINE FILE

You're going to have to provide more detailed information, Beaver. What "updates" are you talking about? What email client do you use? What antivirus/internet security program do you use? Which Windows OS do you use - XP, Vista, 7? Etc.

What emails are you getting from this site? Do you mean stewarthaasracing.com? I get very few emails from here.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 am

I haven't had any troubles, but because you said something, I'm scanning my system. I usually scan mine every other day if not everyday. Depends on what I've done on the computer. If I go someplace new, I'll scan it that day if not right away after getting off the new site.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am

I have Windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system and use AVG since I got the computer almost 2 years ago. Never had a problem sending or receiving e-mail or having wanted e-mail end up in the quarantine file until now and it just started happening in the last 24 hours. I subscribe to certain threads that I post in and that is about it. Then after a period of time, I unsubsribe from them and stop following them and no longer get their updates.
Image Image

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 am

Sounds like AVG made some auto update & when it scans mail, it thinks it's spam. There has to be some setting in AVG on your system that you can control mail with.

I don't remember how to set up E-mail client on this computer. I've had this thing for almost a yr now & if I want to E-mail something from a web site or contact a place that will automatically pull up a E-mail to type into, it won't becaues it's not set up & I don't remember how I was told to set that up. Don't have outlook express on this one like I had with my old crashed computer did. I forget what was said I had to use now.

That's all I know & I know nothing about computers. I hope someone in here has computer knowledge that can help you out. That would be very annoying to have wanted mail to go into quarantine.

Had no issues on my scan, just a few unwanted cookies that it got rid of.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:13 pm

We had to set up a whole new address client just for this website...at least it will be districtive. Anyway. I also got it straightened out on this end. I just can't believe that it took 3 bloody hours to do. I have been using the same freakin software for three years without a hitch until now for anti-virus and it covers everything from internet, business / prefessionessional, e-mail, links, virus vault, PC TuneUp, the whole shabang for a small fee per year. I tried the Norton and MacAfee's, but they were a headache right straight out of the box for me. I wanted something simple to use and that I could understand in everyday english.
Image Image

Return to The Lobby