FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PSU

<<

justlisa

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: PSU

I read the court papers a couple nights ago, it felt like someone kicked me in the teeth by the time I was done. These men as children were failed by the whole system period. The man ( 28 is a man in my book) who saw this and walked away, I just do not have words. My natural instinct would of been to protect that child by what ever means possible. When the DA in Centre County disappeared did no one pick up his cases? WTF happened that the system, the schools, the charity failed on every level? It sickens me and just to know what it is to work with children who have had similar experiences brings out an emotion I hate to feel. WTH is wrong with this world if we can not protect the children in it?
<<

cslonewolf

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:26 pm

The media in my personal opinion has really screwed this story up more so than what it already is. I have lost all respect for the T.V. network HLN due to their coverage of this case. If it were up to me I'd never watch them again. This is a crazy story w/ a large cast of charicters, so they took the biggest star w/ the biggest name (Joe Patirno) and brutalized him. I guess in search of higher ratings.They turned Joe Pa into the villain in this case. Joe is not the bad guy here, then neither is Mike Mcqueary for that matter. They are both just as much victims in this case as the God only knows how many children whos innocence was stolen by a sick monster. Watching HLN you would think that this monster was none other than Joe Patirno by the way they trashed his name, and villanized him, but the true monster in this case is JERRY SANDUSKY. He is the sick f%&k that everyone should be #### at not Joe Pa and not Mcqueary. Like I have said before there is more these men both could have done, but if it were not for SANDUSKY'S actions these men would not have been reguired to do anything at all. Sandusky should be public enemy #1, but because of media outlets like HLN Sandusky has somehow gotten lost in the frey. When Sandusky got pushed to the side so they could focus all their coverage on trashing Joe Pa sadly the kids got lost too. There are countless kids out there whos lives been forever altered by this sick f#&k, and that is what this story should have been about all along. I think Penn State fired Joe to try to play right into the medias hands and it worked. The media was all over Joe Pa for this, so PSU fired him, gave the media more reason to discuss him, so everyone would forget what this story is truely about. They used Joe Petirno as a scapegoat to create a smokescreen, and it seems to have worked perfectly.

As far as HLN goes...... I have watched them for a number of years, because the woman loves to watch news. Over the years I have seen them destroy a number of peoples lives (Tiger Woods, Mel Gibson, They tried w/ Brett Favre) reporting on their personal lives, things in my mind that are not at all news. Who gives a #### if Tiger woods cheated on his wife w/ 13 women? That is between Tiger and his wife. Who cares if Brett Favre texted a pic of his litle quarterback to a woman other than his wife? Again between Brett and his wife. This stuff is not news!!!! Report on the american soldiers who have been killed fighting pointless wars in other parts of the world. Now thats news. The way they handled this whole PSU thing just burns me up. Night after night I'd watch them verbally destroy Joe Paterno, They said so many horrible things about him. They talked so much crap about Joe it was three days into the media blitz till I even knew what the rapists name was it was so rare they talked about him. I think that is pretty f#&ked up right there.
The one tool that was on the other night was so knowlegable in the case he stated that Mike Mcqueary was a 21-22 year old kid himself when he caught Sandusky in the shower raping the boy. They were so busy trying to destroy Joe Pa they never even bothered to get their facts strait. The same guy was talking to a trio of PSU students who supported Joe Pa, he pretty much seemed disqusted in their support. He asked them in a smug tone if they had read the 34 page report (like to say if you read it you would not support him) All three said they had indeed read the report. Now if this dumbass read the report himself he would have known that Mcqueary was a 28 year old man when he witnessed the abuse. This network is not a news outlet, they are merely a televised tabloid.

The way Joe Pa's story has unfolded here reminds me alot of the way Pete Rose was treated. They took a man, a legend, a man that was loved by many people, and turned the world against him. It's so unfair
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Guilt by ASSociation.......No matter who did OR didn't do what.

CS.....The media seems to f%ck up MOST things they try to explain. Most media outlets "JUST HAVE TO BE THE FIRST" to break a story and #### the consequences. That's one reason I've given up on most of the "Major Networks" they're all a bunch of knuckleheaded glory whores. :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 pm

It seems like it is time for the media to change the way they handle this type of case. And my concern is for the victims. My family was involved in a case like this. Of course, it didn't make the national news (thank God), but we would have prefered that it hadn't been on the local news either. The situation was difficult enough for our family. but a friend of the family was hurt just because of the news coverage. Even though the names of the victims were never disclosed, the news media added to the suffering. JMO, but the public didn't need to know anything until the offender was found guilty, sent to prison, and added to the sexual offenders list.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 pm

The media looks for ratings that is it, they do not care who is destroyed in the process. I proly let my anger get the best of me, it was just hard to understand how anyone could see something and not react. Its just very, very, sad that this could of been stopped and it never was.
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Trust me I have not forgotten that Sandusky is the sick individual that for me the death penalty is too good for, but the fact that Joe Pa was being villianized and McCreary getting a pass made me see red all over again. And apparently he has issues with truth because he told the team he was done and in protective custody and a short time later his father said he was not in protective custody. I can understand if he was because as my brother said if he son was one of the victims after the 2002 incident he would be making Mc Creary eat his teeth. Violence is not the answer but the angry is justified.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 am

well Mcqueery told a friend in a recent email that he stopped what went on in the shower, however that is not what he told joe pa and the grand jury, last week i read the report and all he mentioned was calling his dad and leaving. the question i need to ask is.. after a week of people asking him why, and thinking he did nothing, all of the sudden send a email out saying he saved the kid from being raped? im not on a witch hunt and wanna see someone wrongfully accused, but in just reading what is available, sounds llike he did nothing, oh wait thats just what penn state did to joe pa
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Just My Opinion but I think that the prosecution saw their biggest witness getting trashed and are now trying to do damage control themselves because now one of the investigators has come out and said that Mc Creary stopped the incident. I have a hard time buying that because the Grand Jury testimony was written and gone over by the prosectution and to skip over that he stopped Sandusky and then left is FAR different from the testimony given.

And after hearing Sandusky's interview with Bob Costas all I can say is that he is very creepy.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 pm

I guess since an older woman with a younger man is a "Cougar", an older man with a younger boy should be called a"Nittany Lion" ?? :D :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Lizard wrote:That is what disgusts me is that Mike McQueary is seeming to get a pass because he was a grad-assistant and just a kid. He was 28 years old and saw a young boy, and his own words being raped and yet he walked away(ran away). He did nothing to stop it and did not go to the police. I can only hope that he has to face that particular victim face to face and look him in the eye and explain why he did nothing to stop things.

I hear more people saying how he was young himself and was seeing his mentor, one of his idols doing this and probably did not know how to process etc. He was 28 years old and put his own needs before that of the innocent victim he saw being raped. But instead of the outcries towards him, Joe Pa is being villainized for how he handled second hand information. But the one with first hand gets a pass. They have pulled him from this weekends game because of fears for his safety. Too bad he did not have a fear for the safety of Sandusky's victims 9 years ago.

creepy is right, the dude should keep his mouth shut.....
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:29 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:I guess since an older woman with a younger man is a "Cougar", an older man with a younger boy should be called a"Nittany Lion" ?? :D :D

and NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW, Joe Paterno has treatable lung cancer ?? Sounds kinda like the Hendrick Leukemia thing a few years back, huh ?? So, when all the trouble blows over, the cancer will be MIRACULOUSLY gone ?? things that make ya go "hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm"
color]
<<

herbie14

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:I guess since an older woman with a younger man is a "Cougar", an older man with a younger boy should be called a"Nittany Lion" ?? :D :D

Now that's some funny chit!
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:20 am

god i wanna throw up, i just read the 2nd grand jury report, it is worse than the first, this sandusky is a monster and frankly should get the death penalty, i get the feeling he opened the 2 mile, just so he could prey on these boys...............
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Regarding the media and the way they provide the news is what the people want, watch, and buy print. The uguliar the better for some people. This has been a trend that has come along for 30 or so years. Do I care who, what, and where Tigar has his fantasies? He$$ no but I do have an interest in his golf career. Should Joe Paterno been made a villian? No but on a moral edge he should have done more than he did. Anywhere a child is being abused an adult has a moral duty to help that kid out if he actually was in view. Hearsay means nothing and from what I read Joe Paterno was given the information and didn't see the actual offense. That doesn't mean for him to forget it but to investigate. Sandusky is the one responsible for all the sick things he did and he is the one whose reputation should be put to the test. The media gives us way more information than most of us want. It is the CEO's of media who make the rules on what they report. Some do a good job and other just plain DON'T......
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Why is this sick individual given bail once again. Keep him in jail for the safety of young boys and for his(well more so for those that might do harm to him so that they do not go to jail doing to him what many of would like to).

I also read how more than one victim has said they were at the home in the basement and cried out for help to his wife and she did nothing. If this is true she is just as responsible as well.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby