FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yet Another Year and Still

<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Yet Another Year and Still

Tony's only shot and Smith did the usual,screwed up! The last restart with Mark Martin behind Tony yeah,like i'd want that! The Wood Brothers ending a ten year winless streak,i didn't see that coming because i thought this was going to be the Dale Jr.,or RCR show.Least Kevin lead the third lap,Tony had a shot and hopefully they are done depressing me about the loss of Dale Earnhardt! Will say i'm happy for the Wood Brothers and Trevor Bayne,so i guess really there is no reason to complain.The JJ winning streak over,stay tuned as Chad hits the reset button and we'll see. Since eveyone in the media brings up the late Dale Earnhardt,so must i,so in the past words of his,"THIS AIN'T RACIN" !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Yet Another Year and Still

outside of kurt busch trevor bayne and regan smith were the most consistent drivers all week, those 2 kids did great.........
besides, its just racing, life goes on, more important things in life to worry over.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm

michaeljohn wrote:outside of kurt busch trevor bayne and regan smith were the most consistent drivers all week, those 2 kids did great.........
besides, its just racing, life goes on, more important things in life to worry over.

Don't know fell asleep through most of it,have lack of interest to listen to DW or the other two stooges as well.Trevor Bayne has talent,smith never did and i don't worry MJ,quit that ten years ago.NASCAR continually goes down the toilet and if it weren't for certian drivers,i wouldn't watch it at all.The more Nascar screws with it the worse it becomes,least no one was hurt.
<<

austin024

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm

wolfgang wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:outside of kurt busch trevor bayne and regan smith were the most consistent drivers all week, those 2 kids did great.........

Don't know fell asleep through most of it,have lack of interest to listen to DW or the other two stooges as well.Trevor Bayne has talent,smith never did and i don't worry MJ,quit that ten years ago.NASCAR continually goes down the toilet and if it weren't for certian drivers,i wouldn't watch it at all.The more Nascar screws with it the worse it becomes,least no one was hurt.

Knew you watched it for Jeff lol

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 pm

austin024 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

Knew you watched it for Jeff lol

No,the other Gordon! LOL Couldn't believe he shot himself back up the track #7.I'm overdue on my promise of Jeff winning a race aren't i? Least this weekend was anyones' race,especially after some of the best drivers weren't able to finish such as ours and of course MJ's other driver #48 .
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Yesterdays race was different. I wasn't sure it was NASCAR. It was grand that Trevor Bayne won but please Fox reporters don't give him the championship quite yet. There are 42 other drivers that will have their say before Homstead arrives. If I could have seen Tony do Sunday what he did Saturday I wouldn't complain the rest of the season. ;)
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

daniluvs14

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am

lol.. somehow i don't see running only 18 races this year would qualify him for the championship..
besides he has already declared he is running for nationwide championship this year.
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 am

Bayne said on NASCAR HUB last night that if he was to leave the Nationwide and switch to Sprint Cup, it would make Jack Rousch upset. If he didn't race at least the 18 races for the Wood Brothers in Sprint Cup then he would upset them. He said that if he continues to do well in Sprint Cup he could always continue to drive in more races in Sprint Cup this year.

His concern was that the car that he won with in Daytona was also supposed to be his car for Bristol and Richmond. Jack Rousch said he would build him two more cars if he had to because he had to leave the Daytona car in Daytona because it was the winning car.

Bayne said that next year if they can find him the proper sponsorship, he will run the full season in Sprint Cup depending on how this year goes. I think it shows a lot of maturity in him for wanting to try and please everybody.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

beaverpond wrote:I think it shows a lot of maturity in him for wanting to try and please everybody.

But I think he will soon find out that you can't please everybody. It will make him crazy if he tries.

What's the old saying: you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Trevor did great all weekend so it was cool to see him win... BUT Daytona and Talledega are such crap shoots that there are many random winners. It's not really about driving ability versus good luck. I know Tony doesn't care for restrictor plate racing much.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 pm

But I'm sure he would still like to add the Daytona 500 to his racing resume. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 pm

He has won enough of the 300s in the Nationwide side of things, I am sure he would just love to put a 500 in his trophy case.

Of course he might say that you can never win enough, but when you only take home $104,000 for winning the Nationwide Daytona COPD 300 vs the Daytona 500 and its $1.4 million...that is a serious difference in change.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...

Return to The Lobby