FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOCKEY IS HERE!

<<

jamo14

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: HOCKEY IS HERE!

surprised it was that much, guess he's making an example out of Torres...usually 5 games is a lot for a suspension, so teams would do it (Blackhawks' Carcillo has) because taking a guy out was worth the measley suspension...hopefully everyone gets the message...I'm all for hits & checks, as long as they're legal hits & checks.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:45 pm

im all for any rules that will benefit JJ, opps wrong sport, i mean im all for these type of suspensions if it gets rid of the goon mentality, i agree im down with clean hits, but head shots, no reason or room for it.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 am

I'm asking this in all seriousness: would a SAFER barrier -type material be possible (not to mention feasible?) in the helmets?

i agree it was very probably an avoidable hit. however, my forward momentum, which is probably 1/1,000,000th of that of someone on skates, is difficult at best to stop when i'm on a roll. i agree that Torres' past actions should be taken into account so far as the penalty. but i cannot wrap my mind around the fact that there WAS NO PENALTY on the play and the officials were RIGHT THERE! if the hit was that bad, he should've been tossed right then and there. on that fact alone i think the suspension is too severe.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 am

az, you would think some type of barrier is a good idea, but i dont know if its fees-able, i would think they want the puck to bounce off the walls and and the when passed bein able to wrap around the bottom of the boards i know they should wrap some type of foam around the posts at the team benches, lately many players have been getting checked in to these posts and getting concussions,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

well jam, hawks pulled one out, good for them, ill be watching the flyers game today instead of the race.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

have to say that was a sweet OT goal that boston scored.
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Torres' hit used to be legal (very recently even)...wonder if the linesman was in old-school officiating mode, or he was scared of being collateral damage because he lifted his leg and put his arm up to shield himself at the second of impact (like a kid turning their head to catch a baseball in fear of getting hit by the baseball)...it should've been called cause his skates left the ice...but don't think any ref even looked to see if his skates left the ice.
To me, whatever happens after the hit should have no bearing in the call...only the hit itself...Torres needs to learn how to hit within these modern day hockey rules, and Hossa needs to be more aware on the ice after a pass of the puck...everyone is much bigger & faster nowadays, and doubt they wanna end up like other athletes who have suffered because of concussions they received playing sports....short term memory loss, addiction to pain pills and the liver disease that results in it, and suicide like Duerson of the Chicago Bears

<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:12 am

michaeljohn wrote:well jam, hawks pulled one out, good for them, ill be watching the flyers game today instead of the race.

*gasp* Is this why Jimmie didn't win, which he was supposed to do since I picked him?! :lol: ;)

I had family in town visiting this weekend and didn't see much hockey.

I'm not sorry to see that the Wings have been shut down at all. :twisted:

Happy the Hawks pulled out a win, but I have to say that it's true they're getting out hustled and I'm pretty frustrated with a few of them. I didn't really see much of the game Saturday, but Game 4, I spent quite a bit of time yelling, "You can't win if you never have the puck!!", especially during the OT period. If tonight's game goes to OT, btw, I may lose my mind. I thought I was a night owl but this series is kicking my butt and testing my sanity! :lol:

I'm somewhat surprised Torres got so many games, but I won't say anything negative about it. His history really turns me off.
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Gotta say it: Mike Smith (thus far, anyway) is FREAKING AMAZING! He almost single-handedly won that series for the Coyotes...
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am

azk8ster wrote:Gotta say it: Mike Smith (thus far, anyway) is FREAKING AMAZING! He almost single-handedly won that series for the Coyotes...

no doubt k8ster, the Hawks were coming from all directions, and they had A LOT of great oppurtunities in the 1st & 2nd periods to score first. Smitty was IN A ZONE! As much as I hated seeing the Hawks lose, I REALLY enjoyed watching Mike Smith tend the goal...it was an AMZING effort by him that night....and throughout the entire series.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 am

id like to see the blues, and the sens in the cup, might be far fetched........
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 pm

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

sorry just had to say it since the series is tied and game 7 is in Boston today :D
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm

should be a good game tonite liz, if experience mean anything boston has the edge in that.
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:37 pm

michaeljohn wrote:should be a good game tonite liz, if experience mean anything boston has the edge in that.

Very true but I do think age is catching up with Boston too. I just don't want to see Ovechkin win, just can't stand him.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 pm

yea not a fan of his, i dont think he appreciates what he has
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby