HOCKEY IS HERE!

<<

Lizard

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: HOCKEY IS HERE!

smoke14rulez wrote:
jamo14 wrote:St Louis Blues vs. New York Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals

BOOK IT

...could be...but, I wouldn't "book it" just yet. "P-burg" will have a say in it and I wouldn't rule out Boston yet, though they've been inconsistant. Out West, I think the 'Wings will be in the running and...as always, Vancouver will be around...for a while anyway... ;) :lol:

I'm a Boston fan and I am saying they are done for this year. I think the hangover from winning last year is finally really hitting them hard. But I still love'em and will cheer them on.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm

jamo14 wrote:LeslieO, I was surprised the Hawks came back and tied the game up, let alone win the SO. The Blues have the best goalies in hockey, and until last night, were awesome penalty killers (51 in a row). I was in the shop listening to the game, and they were down 3-1 in 1st period. Late in the 1st, there was a big fight that put some spirit in the team (plus taking Emory out of the net and putting Crawford in)
I think the Hawks turned a corner last night

I think they did, too. I hope so anyway. ;) It was great to see that they could do that with Toews still out and including a PP goal. Crawford really stepped up and that is encouraging, too. Wish I could have seen the game. I will get to watch Sunday's vs. the Caps, I think.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

wings-pens final.....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:17 pm

2-3 loss for my Capitals last night. Ugh.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 pm

My Bruins finally won again today :D
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:27 am

Caps @ Blackhawks tonight @ 7pm

Caps are goin' down! :twisted:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 am

jamo14 wrote:Caps @ Blackhawks tonight @ 7pm

Caps are goin' down! :twisted:

...yep, but at least NOBODY will expect them to do anything THIS year...if they can manage to get(by some miracle) the 4th. seed, they may win a game...or two? If they go in 8th. seed(and THAT'S not assured) they'll get swept...BOOK THAT! ;) :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 pm

it's crazy Rulez, 6 teams fighting for 3 bottom seeds in the west...not sure what the east looks like, but I believe the Caps & Jets are fighting for the 8 seed
Ovi had a SICK goal against 3 Hawks last night...that dude is badass when he wants to be

the game between the 2 "KeithStone" State teams looked like a good one to watch yesterday
Last edited by jamo14 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Another loss by the capitals 5-2. WTF is going on this season? Disappointing as just a season ago I felt that they could be Stanley Cup champions. Now I doubt they will make the playoffs.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Another loss by the capitals 5-2. WTF is going on this season? Disappointing as just a season ago I felt that they could be Stanley Cup champions. Now I doubt they will make the playoffs.

I wonder if it's between a new coach or new captain...not saying they'd trade Ovi, but replace him as captain next year....after he made that sick goal I thought the rest of the team would rally around that cause the Hawks don't have the greatest goalies in the world.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

jamo14 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Another loss by the capitals 5-2. WTF is going on this season? Disappointing as just a season ago I felt that they could be Stanley Cup champions. Now I doubt they will make the playoffs.

I wonder if it's between a new coach or new captain...not saying they'd trade Ovi, but replace him as captain next year....after he made that sick goal I thought the rest of the team would rally around that cause the Hawks don't have the greatest goalies in the world.

Alex is great player. I think he needs more great players around him. But Backstrom and Brouwer among others are more than capable. Dale Hunter isn't adjusting as well as I had hoped. The thing is this division is so ridiculous that they could actually make the playoffs as they are 2nd in their division, and 8th in the eastern conference.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 am

jamo14 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I wonder if it's between a new coach or new captain...not saying they'd trade Ovi, but replace him as captain next year....after he made that sick goal I thought the rest of the team would rally around that cause the Hawks don't have the greatest goalies in the world.

Alex is great player. I think he needs more great players around him. But Backstrom and Brouwer among others are more than capable. Dale Hunter isn't adjusting as well as I had hoped. The thing is this division is so ridiculous that they could actually make the playoffs as they are 2nd in their division, and 8th in the eastern conference.

...Caps can't win without Backstrom, he adds TOO much on both sides of the rink. One of, if not the best "set-up" men in hockey. Power play AND penalty kill suffer GREATLY from his absense alone. I remember in a pregame rundown, the announcers gave the stat that Backstrom was still the team assist leader...this was after his 20-21 MISSED game...that says it all right there. Didn't help losing Green for all that time either...or the fact that since he's been back he looks like a 6 year old who put on his father's equipment. I dunno' what operation he had, but I think they removed his talent while they were in there?!?! Also Poti's injury has destabilized an already "iffy" defense.

Then there's Semin and Carlson...very inconsistant this year, Hamerlik would have been a great addition...10 years ago, Schultz shouldn't even be in professional hockey and Vokoun's best days are behind him, they need to go with Neuvy full time...so, if they can get that together...they'll be fine... ;) :lol:
Image Image
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 am

Yep, I have a feeling the Caps will make the playoffs thanks to their division but their season has not been what it could/should have been for sure. I was glad to see my 'Hawks beat them ;) but I too thought they would rally and win after Ovi's awesome goal. I haven't seen enough games lately to really try to put a finger on what is up with them. My best guess is "chemistry"? Maybe they do need a different captain, not to get rid of Ovi but just to have someone different in that role.

It's nice to see Brouwer playing well for the Caps. I always liked him as a Blackhawk.

Speaking of former Blackhawks, the 'Hawks shouldn't have a problem winning tonight against the Blue Jackets & former 'Hawk James Wisniewski. I have a bone of contention with that guy. I loved him as a 'Hawk but he's become a...word I can't say here ;) since then from everything I've seen. Actually it looks like he won't play tonight which may be just as well.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

jamo14 wrote:it's crazy Rulez, 6 teams fighting for 3 bottom seeds in the west...not sure what the east looks like, but I believe the Caps & Jets are fighting for the 8 seed
Ovi had a SICK goal against 3 Hawks last night...that dude is badass when he wants to be

the game between the 2 "KeithStone" State teams looked like a good one to watch yesterday

...actually, the Sabres jumped the Jets and are currently 2pts. back from the Caps for 8th. seed...Jets are 4pts. out.

...btw, see the start of the Rangers/Devils game last night...opening faceoff..."TAPE ON THE FOIL"... ;) :mrgreen:

Image Image
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Of all the fights that the Madison Square Garden has hosted, those 3 (or does it count as 1?) fights were in the top 20 for sure.
If only Vincent Kennedy McMahon had promoted it 8-)

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby