FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Toothpaste

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Toothpaste

:? Spongebob & all the other kiddie toothpastes.............how many of you have tried them?

Just a little something different to post about. I happened to have a tube of Sponge Bob tooth paste that's going to expire in about 5 months. The kids decided they liked the Colegate Total whitening tooth paste better & they will not use their kiddie tooth paste no more.

I got looking at how much flouride is in the stuff & it's the same as the adult tooth paste. Soooooo......I had to give it a try. I hated the thoughts of it getting tossed out & we're about needing a new tube of tooth paste in our bathroom anyway. Needless to say, I just gave it a try.
.............I don't know what flavor it was supposed to be, but it tasted like some toottie frutie liquid candy in my mouth instead of tooth paste.

It might make it to the trash yet.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Toothpaste

Colgate also has one that is strawberry flavored and my daughter's favorite fruit is strawberries and second would be watermelon. However, she has tried the watermelon flavored toothpaste and does not care for it.

Tom's of Maine makes an all natural toothpaste that is strawberry flavored. I saw an ad for a free sample and ordered it for her. Generally they are more expensive because they are all natural, but hey, free is free. Besides, if she does not like it, it is not like I wasted any money on the deal.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 am

Why not try it if it's free. That's the best way to try something to see if you like it. Like you said, it's better than to buy the regular tube & find out you don't like it.

A lot of time you don't even get a chance to try a sample from the sample's sectoin in the store. Now the so call sample area is turned into a travel station for those people wanting tiny sizes of stuff for a short vacation or business weekend trip & it's always the same stuff.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:49 am

Of course being a Maine company being located in Kennebunk, originally right near where I used to live, everything was produced in a warehouse right down the street from my very first job. They used to sell to a lot of small town pharmacies and bath and beauty shops as well. My how times have changed. They merged with a major conglomerate who helped take them nationwide and into a lot of national chain stores. A friend of mine can now get their products out in Oregon and relatives can get their stuff in Texas.

Return to The Lobby