FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The #14 and #48 Frenzy

<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:17 pm

The #14 and #48 Frenzy

Just me that feels this way or is the media makin something out of nothin? The #48 has dominated for how long now and they still think they are capable to win it again this year? The team was the best for some time now,reality check,not so much this year,top five yes,another championship yeah ok! Nothing against the #48 team,they are good,but please it's over and the media can't see that by what is going on this year? Tonys two wins in a row doesn't mean a thing either,still have eight to go and Ryan was running better than Tony before the chase began.Tony playing possum before the chase,yeah i'll buy that one too. :roll: This point,i am a fan of #2 #14 #29 and #88 ok a closet fan of #17 {ford},but at this point i hope #2 wins it and it'll screw with all the idiots statements and i' d still be happy,#### i'd be estatic,only Dodge team,first Cup for Roger,a sophmore and little talk of the guy most consistant,#### yes,soab i'm loosing my mind! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: The #14 and #48 Frenzy

to be honest, i never once listened to the media, unless i read it on jayski, or was forced to hear babble during a race, with the point structure this, it is still anyone's race, because even more so, dega is that "wild card." i do know who id pick, but im not gonna be a homer and say the 48, unless they have a top 5 at dover, its over for them, i guess maybe the 24 for personal reasons for a friend of mine who lost their dad this year, he was a big gordon fan, this is the toughest season to pick a clear winner and i like that........
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 pm

The #24 is my pick too as it seems he and #2 have the momentum going into the chase and aside #11,it still could be anyones.The media does drive things out of hand,two wins for Tony and now they talk like this is his year after two wins with alot of luck in both? Tony himself isn't even looking any further than what it is at this point.Jimmie and Chad i've never heard them bicker like they have been lately and wonder what the deal is,just frustration,venting or what? Then again Jeff lost the race and his cool when the crew didn't get all the fuel in the car at NH and Jeff usually is one of the coolest cucumbers of all drivers.Tony is a #### of a good driver,but i'd call the last two,more so NH a bit lucky than a good car and team effort.Kevin has won two races pretty much the same way this year as well,so i'm not overly excited for the #29 either.The #24 and #2 show the potential to win every week it seems and that's the only reason i favor them to win and i'm not a Jeff fan either,but do appreciate his ability behind the wheel.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am

if tony has a good 30 point lead say at the midway point, i think he would know how to lock it up, i dont know what happened to denny, that team went south pretty quick, i didnt see the race sunday, but i heard about the chad/JJ exchange and in all the years of listening in, it was never as bad as it was sunday, maybe the pressure is finally getting to them, heck even when dale sr won 2 in row, he dropped off the next year, it has to be mentally grueling to keep that pace up. i for one thought brad's first win was a fluke, but he made me think different over the summer, he could be the dark horse, whatever happens, it appears it will be fun watching the rest of the season, i was talking to a friend last nite and we both thought since they have the new point system they should drop the chase, i know they wont, its a marketing tool and another way to make money on merch.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 am

THat's how they do it every year, called hype...part of the game. I get the feeling that this week the 14 team will struggle(based on their last two races at Dover) and Harvick will take the points lead, then it'll be "all about him"...or whoever else wins/does well/takes the points lead...gotta' keep up that hype! ;) :roll:

...btw, I don't think JJ's out...yet. But, he seems to be lacking focus this year. Snapping at Chad and playin' "grab @ss" with the Busches, he doesn't seem like the calm, cool, robotic...dare I say "vanilla" driver who won the past 5. The past 5 season's you never saw these things outta' him, if he can't get back to that then maybe...just maybe...someone else will win it all? I still think he can/will bounce back, but if he doesn't I'd pick(just based on how they ran last year) Harvick. I'd like to see Tony win, of course, but they've had a +/- 3 or 4 race window around the Chase where they "fall off"(meaning within 3-4 races leading into the Chase or 3-4 races into it). I expect(based on the past 2 years) that this will happen again...hope not, but until I see otherwise... :roll: :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?

Return to The Lobby