FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Team Tony For Smoke Web-Site

<<

SmokeFan14

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Team Tony For Smoke Web-Site

I don't know how many of you here are aware of, or belong to the web-site Team tony for Smoke.
TTFS has been run by Race Car Driver Matt Poole and it serves not only as a Fan-Site for Smoke, but also as a homage to two dear women in his life; his mother Peggy, who he lost to a heart attack several years ago, and to his dear friend Tonya, who was murdered by her husband 6 years ago.

Over the years Matt has maintened the site, with games, chat, talk, arcades, and information on Tony, SHR and his Teams.

The great things about the site is that it has always been one of respect. No discussion of Tony and his personal life, no slamming or personal attacks on other members. It has always been a site of fun & discussion.

Now, after 6 years of maintaining the site out of his own pocket, and all his own time and efforts, Matt has chosen to end the site at the end of this years Sprint Cup schedule to pursue his dream; to drive at the highest levels in NASCAR that he can.

I don't know who here knows about the closing, or is a member that hasn't been there in a while, but I thought that other Fans of Tony Stewart should be aware of what Matt has chosen to do;

I want to thank Matt for all the hard work and efforts he has put into TTFS. I know it has not been easy at times, often frustrating, but always done with style and class. The site will be missed greatly b those who regularly visit it, and we salute you, Matt for all your hard work, and wish you nothing but the best as you continue to chase your dream.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Team Tony For Smoke Web-Site

I know Matt, used to talk to him for a while, and he has a great story. I wish him well.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Never heard of the site till you posted, and now I can't get in. Sorry I missed it.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 pm

What do they need to keep it going? I can't contact them through the site.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks for update though I never did join since you mentioned it a while back ago & I was thinking about it. I just don't spend a whole lot of time on line anymore so I didn't bother to take up space there, I know they wanted members to check in at least once a month to keep from getting deleted out of the system. So I just come here to see what's up & that's about it.

I wish him well :)
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 am

Matt is on Facebook. Matt Poole.
As for keeping it going, I think that he really wants to concentrate on his career, but that's something you can discus with him.
One of the members is putting a new site together based off of TTFS, http://tonysmokest14.forumotion.com/

Here is the soon to be former site: http://teamtonyforsmoke.com/forum/index.php
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:12 pm

SmokeFan14 wrote:Matt is on Facebook. Matt Poole.
As for keeping it going, I think that he really wants to concentrate on his career, but that's something you can discus with him.
One of the members is putting a new site together based off of TTFS, http://tonysmokest14.forumotion.com/

Here is the soon to be former site: http://teamtonyforsmoke.com/forum/index.php

Can't access the forums, register, or contact them.
Go Ryan!
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm not positive, but he may have shut down registering once he made the decision to close the site.
But, thank for checking in, Friends!
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 pm

I contacted him, and he's just decided to shut it down as he simply get the traffic and member usage on it that it needs. Sounds like it was a hard decision for him, but the members there just don't interact and make use of the site like it needs. I'd be happy to try to run it and see how it goes, but he's pretty much made his decision on it.
Go Ryan!
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for trying, Michael! I tried the same thing too, when I first heard...gonna miss that place!

Here is the new off-shoot site that one of the members of TTFS is going to try and get running. I hope some of the Garage folks here will give it a look and show some support!
http://tonysmokest14.forumotion.com/forum
<<

nitrodani

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:55 pm

i know matt.. i know that his passion is getting to race in the elite series.. and besides he streaks thru twitter and keeps us laughing..

Return to The Lobby