FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

9/11 paint scheme......

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

9/11 paint scheme......

i for one am not to thrilled with these 9/11 schemes, if they wanted to pay tribute to that day, all the drivers that are running so-called 9/11 schemes should get together and between them, have all the names of the people that passed away that day, that would be a great tribute,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: 9/11 paint scheme......

Newman's ARMY car has the names of 75 military personel killed at the Pentegon on 9/11....all over the car.

Kyle doesn't have names, but it resembles the 36 machine Ken Schrader drove after 9/11 10 years ago (according to jayski)

couldn't find any others, jayski was the only site I checked out.

I hope football does it tastefully this weekend as well.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 am

very sad time they will all be remebered forever
<<

justlisa

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:05 am

jamo14 wrote:Newman's ARMY car has the names of 75 military personel killed at the Pentegon on 9/11....all over the car.

Kyle doesn't have names, but it resembles the 36 machine Ken Schrader drove after 9/11 10 years ago (according to jayski)

couldn't find any others, jayski was the only site I checked out.

I hope football does it tastefully this weekend as well.

Jamo! I read that also maybe we will see some of the other drivers with 9/11 paint schemes too! :) :) :) :)
<<

justlisa

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 am

michaeljohn wrote:i for one am not to thrilled with these 9/11 schemes, if they wanted to pay tribute to that day, all the drivers that are running so-called 9/11 schemes should get together and between them, have all the names of the people that passed away that day, that would be a great tribute,

Mj I agree that would be a wonderful way show tribute to all who loss their lives that day.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Kyle's car is actually pretty cool. It is basic red, white and blue with stars and stripes...it's on Jayski along with Ryan's. Tony's is there too if ya wanna see it.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:04 am

its all about making a dollar,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

justlisa

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:01 am

I like em' all !
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 pm

While it would be nice to see all the names of those who lost their lives, I for one am glad to see they are at least doing some type of remembrance. Yeah MJ, I know it's all about selling the product, but at least they are doing something. We'd all feel very badly if nothing had been done.
I understand that since Ryan drives the Army car that is why they put the names of the military that lost their lives at the Pentagon, but that is really leaving out all the civilians, firefighters, police and all that lost their lives during the terrible tragedy ten years ago. I agree with MJ that I would have liked to see all the names of those that lost their lives on the cars this weekend. Just saying!!! :|
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I have to agree. There are 43 teams. Each one could have done something to put the names of all the people on the cars in a united effort. One team doing police, another team doing firefighters, another team doing ambulance workers, another team (like Ryan's) doing those from the Pentagon, another team doing the passangers and flight crew of one jet, another team for another jet...you get the idea... until we get all those that were killed in the World Trade Center Buildings themselves who working that day.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Ok... I'm gonna jump in and add my two cents, after I told myself I wouldn't! ( dang it! LOL )

This is just MY thoughts & opinions and I'm in no way trying to argue them, enforce them, state them to be true or facts. :-)

Here's the problem I have with 'the selling of 9/11'. What about all the folks who died in the Oklahoma Federal Bldg? The USS Cole, the service men & women in Somalia, and on and on and on.... where does the line of "victims of terrorism' end? Who decided we honor JUST the 9/11 victims? How come the police / fire / rescue / recovery folks get MORE attention than the lowly janitor who died down in the basement? The guy/girl in a minimum wage job in one of the two towers? All the mothers and fathers we lost? The folks in the Pentagon and the flight of men who challenged the terrorists are usually mentioned, as an after thought, to the towers.

It makes me feel sad that we as Americans feel proud to fly this banner of selected victims and do this whole 'selling of 9/11.' That fact that we now hold the day in reverent remembrance is good ... but when you start selling T-Shirts, bumper stickers and "etc", it seems to cheapen the day somehow.

I got 2 things out of 9/11 that I hold precious. 1) God won't care how you died... it's how you LIVED that really mattered in the end. and 2) Remember 9/11 EVERYDAY, (like those who lost loved ones do) when you rise to greet another sunrise... be thankful that you're alive today. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

I can understand the disdain for the merchandising aspect of it (everyone is free to have their own opinion - great thing about our country). I personally like the idea, at least in the case of the Tunnel to Towers cars (1, 16, 34, 14, and NNS 6, 60, 16, and 7) because a portion of the proceeds go to the Tunnel to Towers fund. I'll buy Tony's because he's my driver and I'm pretty patriotic and for what the car represents and the story the paint schemes tell. Yes, it's another money-making deal for drivers and teams and stuff but all the other mementos people can purchase are as well. Diecast stock cars just happen to be geared towards us.

It's similar to the idea of buying a NASCAR-themed Christmas ornament. It's going on your tree and you know what it stands for, but it's something that is geared towards you instead of a bell or a little train or something like that.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.

Return to The Lobby