FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hotel Safes In Room Not Safe......

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

Hotel Safes In Room Not Safe......

Well now this is alarming as we use them each time we go to a place that has one!
Using the safe that's inside your closet is not safe. The managers use 0000# as the defalt entry to open ANY safe.
http://www.gadling.com/2011/09/06/your-hotel-room-safe-not-as-safe-as-you-think/?ncid=webmail4
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Hotel Safes In Room Not Safe......

and they use a keycard to gain access to the room!

what will they do next????????

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Just make sure and stay away from this motel :twisted: :twisted:

Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

jamo14 wrote:Just make sure and stay away from this motel :twisted: :twisted:

Hey, is that in Batesville, Indiana?
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

nitrodani

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 pm

LMAO!!!!! hahaha.. don't think so.. batesville indiana they make caskets.. ewwwwww.. that is just as creepy!!!
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:44 pm

nitrodani wrote:LMAO!!!!! hahaha.. don't think so.. batesville indiana they make caskets.. ewwwwww.. that is just as creepy!!!

Ok, then they must be linked together by name sake for some reason then. Glad we went zooming thru Batesville when we were abouts earlier this spring.
Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:
nitrodani wrote:LMAO!!!!! hahaha.. don't think so.. batesville indiana they make caskets.. ewwwwww.. that is just as creepy!!!

Ok, then they must be linked together by name sake for some reason then. Glad we went zooming thru Batesville when we were abouts earlier this spring.

Hey let's face it, as a business, casket making is probably still a pretty good business to be in... considering this economy and the unemployment rate. People still die and need to be buried. :| I'll bet the Batesville casket company's employment numbers have held steady. I see their trucks all the time on the highways, delivering caskets.

We drove by the factory several years ago in Batesville... but kept moving. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 pm

It's a dead end job that will always stay truckin
:oops: Boo..... bad one..... Going to step out of the picture tonight & head off to bed.
Smoke
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:28 am

very true not safe at all everything can get taken so fast
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Well.... I can tell yall honestly that Crowne Plaza Hotel room safes do NOT open with "0000."

I recently went to a wedding and stayed over nite at a Crown Plaza. I'm not a big fan of room safes or any safe that is not mine, directly, but my mom wanted to put some jewelry in it while we went out for dinner. Had a heck of a time trying to figure it out, how to set your own code and had to have guest services come and show us. He opened it with a key... not a code and helped us to understand how to enter a code.

So.... I'm just guessing here... but I think that EVERY hotel safe may not open with 0000... just my own thoughts, based on a recent experience. (( Or maybe he opened with a key to 'protect' the secret?! LOL ))

Also... speaking of creepy deads-ville towns.... yall should check out the town of Colma ( not to be confused with Coloma, where gold was found ) where, for years, it was a town of just cemeteries. They dead outnumber the living something like 4 to 1. Now they have a few stores and commerce.... but not much and it still remains 'the city of the dead' with something like 17 separate cemeteries.
In the late 1800's / early 1900's, San Francisco said 'no more cemeteries in the city limits." So Colma was created. The people had to dig up ALL the dead people in SF graves and ship them by trains ( in the dead of night ) to Colma for reburial. People called the trains the death trains or the ghost trains. Lots of famous people are buried there ( most famous and founding SF folks like Joe Dimaggio, Wyatt Earp and his wife, Wlm R. Hearst, DeYoungs, the Crocker families and so on.

It's a very interesting story that can be found online and in Wiki. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to The Lobby