FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

pat tillman movie

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 am

pat tillman movie

i watched a great documentary about pat tillman, former nfl player who joined the rangers in the U.S. Army. it talked about the man, growing up the reasons for joining the army, and how he was killed in 2004, and how the government and the president at the time tried to exploit his death,

Pat was there when they "rescued" jessica lynch and talked about how the whole thing was staged, that at one point the called off the rescue so a camera crew could be there, when in fact all they did was walk into a hospital to get her, there was no danger involved, and that alone turned him off, he had a chance to leave the army after 2 years and return to fball, but he signed up for 3 years and was not going back on his word, only to have die 3 weeks later.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: pat tillman movie

so did they say the friendly fire was an accident or was it to shut him up? (or something else shady)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:53 pm

they admitted it was friendly fire, but there was confusion and it was dark and visibility was zero, of course they dont know who fired the shot, they gave his parents over 3000 pages of evidence but they could not make it out, a lot of the info was blacked out, so they found a ex ranger who helped them piece it together, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the movie talked about how he was a private man and how the government tried to have him burred at arlington, but he was against any military involvement in his funeral, his brother got up at the funeral and said " pat never believed in god, he is fning dead, his family was very offended by th attention that pat got, because he never wanted it, just wanted to be treated like everyone else, it was a good movie, i highly recommend it.......
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Yes, it was a very good movie. Way too short of a life for a man with his morals. Every sports bar I've been to here in Phoenix has a Pat Tillman jersey on display. He would be embarrassed about that also.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 pm

that is so refreshing to hear of an athlete that humble, even tho he is gone, that is someone kids could look up to.
i have to admit tho the once scene where they interviewed him and asked about the cards was classic , how if he was a fan he wouldnt show up to the games until they started winning, funny as it was, that was a brutally honest answer..
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:12 pm

fixin to watch it here in a few minutes
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:18 am

that was a great piece.
if they would've manned up at the very beginning, it wouldn't have been as big an issue.

it's too bad politicians can't man the f%ck up like Pat and Kevin did.
The politicians were p^ssies at the time, and still are a bunch of p^ssies.

Congressional hearings have been nothin but a joke since I've been alive.

A politician can get free health care for life, courtesy of the taxpayers, but not a combat soldier.

A politician can make the taxpayers bail the f%ckin banks out, but can't make the banks bail the economy and the workin men & women out.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to The Lobby