FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

is everyone ok after earthquake

<<

awsum20

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:47 pm

is everyone ok after earthquake

just ckin to see if everyones ok. we just had an 5.9 earthquake here in va center in mineral va
<<

awsum20

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Re: is everyone ok after earthquake

lt u ok i know u were near ctr
<<

nitrodani

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:52 pm

hope everyone is ok...

love dani.. lol
<<

Smokingeagle66

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm thinking of everyone in Virginia.....hope everyone is safe and sound.

Karen
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm

We're far from it but it didn't knock off anything off walls or such. My plants did a little dance in the windows. Down Town Dayton reported in the tall buildings where they swayed some & people were made to leave. They just got done with about that on our local news just now. I just assumed it was my shakey washer that can make my floor giggle a little. I was doing laundry at the time but thought it strange my plants were doing a little jiggle dance.

A cousin in Rhoad Island was in her bed (their school starts after Labor Day) listening to music when her bed shook for 2 mins. That's about it for them.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:18 pm

I was standing in the new store we are building in Williamsburg, and the floor shook alittle. But what caught my eye was the suspended light fixtures that swede for 5 minute.
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Awsum I am okay, and glad to hear that you are as well. Whew....that was a good one!!! It was definately a weird feeling since we never get earthquakes here. Took nearly half the quake before I finally realized it really WAS an earthquake, so I was only terrified for the last part. Glad my hutch has doors or I think my china would have been in the floor, and yes my dining room light fixture was swinging back and forth even after it finally ended. I certainly heard creaks, knocks and noises I had never heard from my house before. Tried to do a check of plumbing, walls, masonry, etc., and so far everything seems to be okay. School cancelled tomorrow due to damage to a wall at one school. Understand that some of the stores had problems with ceiling tiles, light fixtures, and plenty of merchandise down in the floors, but I figure it could have been a lot worse. Hope the rest that got "a good shaking" today faired okay.
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Good to here you OK LT. I heard Louisa county Schools got some damage. But being only 3 miles for the center, that's understandable. I haven"t heard if there was any damage to our new store at
Lake Anna yet. If so, will probably here from our office tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 pm

We are near Rochester NY and some of the folks in the city felt the quake but we didn't
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 pm

The same here in Albany/Schenectady Ny. was in a vehicle at the time so i didn't feel it,but everyone is talking about the tremors that came from Va.thou-it ran up the coast they say.Lived in northern Ca.for a couple years and it was pretty common,never realized Va.had them as well.Hope everyone is ok too.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 am

We felt it here in Buffalo/Cheektowga NY.I was on the porch swing when it hit. Hope everyone is ok.
ImageImage
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 am

awsum14 wrote:Good to here you OK LT. I heard Louisa county Schools got some damage. But being only 3 miles for the center, that's understandable. I haven"t heard if there was any damage to our new store at

Seems a lot of the schools have damage. They said over 2 dozen thoughout the area have some sort. At least it's not as bad as the DC area where so many of the older buildings were damaged (the National Cathedral, and the National Monument among them). Hope the new store did okay, but since it's a newer building it probably stood a better chance, even though no buildings here are earthquake rated since we don't normally have earthquakes. Guess times are changing, and I suspect building codes will as well. :roll: [/color]
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:53 am

longtimetonyfan wrote:
awsum14 wrote:Good to here you OK LT. I heard Louisa county Schools got some damage. But being only 3 miles for the center, that's understandable. I haven"t heard if there was any damage to our new store at

Seems a lot of the schools have damage. They said over 2 dozen thoughout the area have some sort. At least it's not as bad as the DC area where so many of the older buildings were damaged (the National Cathedral, and the National Monument among them). Hope the new store did okay, but since it's a newer building it probably stood a better chance, even though no buildings here are earthquake rated since we don't normally have earthquakes. Guess times are changing, and I suspect building codes will as well. :roll: [/color]

I was wonderin' how it was for you guys, being closer to it than I was. Some minor damage around the area here, but nothin' too bad.

...and now we get ready for a hurricane... :roll: :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 am

I haven't watched any news today so I don't know much about the damage the quake made. Here in central Michigan the tallest building felt the quake but nothing was damaged. This has surely been a strange year and it's time for it to settle down. PLEASE.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

nitrodani

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

ndunn wrote:I haven't watched any news today so I don't know much about the damage the quake made. Here in central Michigan the tallest building felt the quake but nothing was damaged. This has surely been a strange year and it's time for it to settle down. PLEASE.

i felt nothing here where i live in indiana.. but all around me they said they did.. i'm like. well i'm not real stable anyway.. lol
Next

Return to The Lobby