FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stage collapses in Indy!!!!!

<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Stage collapses in Indy!!!!!

According to reports, the main stage at the Indiana State Fairgrounds collapsed as the result of severe weather that blew through Central Indiana. The coroner's office has confirmed that 4 people have died.

There are reports of dozens of additional injuries, but no word on the number or severity of those injuries.

Sugarland, who was performing at the fairgrounds have tweeted "We are all right. We are praying for our fans, and the people of Indianapolis. We hope you will join us. They need your strength."

Sara Bareilles was on stage just before the stage collapsed. She tweeted "I'm speechless and feel so helpless. Please send love and prayers to Indainapolis tonight. My heart aches for the lives lost."

Concert goers with injuries are being treated at area hospitals eight people were taken to Methodist and three taken to Riley and more than a dozen others walked in to other IU Health hospitals. Three people were taken to St. Vincent's in unknown condition.

Police have chaplains who are helping families looking for those who were at the concert.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Stage collapses in Indy!!!!!

as of today, 5 people have died, this happened a few weeks ago i believe in canada at a cheap trick show, nobody was hurt, but the stage fell as the band was performing...
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:37 am

Ya seen that this morn...so very sad for sure...i feel for those affected by all this...

tc

<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Last I heard, officials told the audience to evacuate just a few minutes before the gust of wind took the stage down. The gust was unexpected, and stronger than any other place in the area, basically a freak thing.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Sounds like it was a freak thing that no one actually expected, or even saw coming. My thoughts and prayers to all those you lost loved ones, and those who were injured. Unfortunately, it just goes to show that even during "a good time" tragedy can strike! :(
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 am

thoughts and prayers to all the families that lost someone or who is seriously heart GOD BLESS them
<<

nitrodani

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

total is now 7.. still so sad. tragic.

Return to The Lobby