FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica and SHR

<<

stewart1439

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Danica and SHR

Allegedly Danica will be running a SHR car part time next year and full time Nationwide for Junior. Sorry I guess I'm a little late here.
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Danica and SHR

Dependent on release, Danica will Drive for JR Motorsports and Stewart-Haas Racing......
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 am

UGH! :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:32 am

I'm actually happy with this news. Everyone will be talking about SHR if Danica drives for us. More talk = more sponsorship = more money = better cars/personnel = more wins???
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 am

tlmerk wrote:I'm actually happy with this news. Everyone will be talking about SHR if Danica drives for us. More talk = more sponsorship = more money = better cars/personnel = more wins???

I agree with everything you stated. From a pure business point of view, I can see why "team owner" Tony would make this move.

I've just never liked Danica. I don't like the way she presents & sells herself. I don't like her GoDaddy ads... makes her look like a cheap floozy. As a driver, she is only so-so (IMO).

But there are plenty of people (read: men) who do like her and that means $$$$. And let's face it, NASCAR teams, like any other business, is all about $$$$.

I, personally, don't like it and am going to find it very difficult to support her driving for SHR. I will probably just ignore her (as much as is possible) and focus on Tony & Ryan.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:36 am

I don't know Danica but if she lives up to what standards Tonys wants well "so be It'. As far as selling herself she isn't the first or won't be the last the looks only last a short while. So grab the money while you can. Danica will have to live under the same standards the men do and the sexy part part only goes so far. Personally I'd like to see her make it and open the doors for other women that have the talent and just need the chance just like Danica has been given. There are alot of female drivers out there in the other types of racing lets give them all a chance one way or another. "Go get em girls".
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:47 am

ndunn wrote:I don't know Danica but if she lives up to what standards Tonys wants well "so be It'. As far as selling herself she isn't the first or won't be the last the looks only last a short while. So grab the money while you can. Danica will have to live under the same standards the men do and the sexy part part only goes so far. Personally I'd like to see her make it and open the doors for other women that have the talent and just need the chance just like Danica has been given. There are alot of female drivers out there in the other types of racing lets give them all a chance one way or another. "Go get em girls".

Good Post ndunn !!!!
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

39_newman

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Does that mean we'll be adding a "Danica" tab to the index page?
No sky too high...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:09 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I'm actually happy with this news. Everyone will be talking about SHR if Danica drives for us. More talk = more sponsorship = more money = better cars/personnel = more wins???

I agree with everything you stated. From a pure business point of view, I can see why "team owner" Tony would make this move.

I've just never liked Danica. I don't like the way she presents & sells herself. I don't like her GoDaddy ads... makes her look like a cheap floozy. As a driver, she is only so-so (IMO).

But there are plenty of people (read: men) who do like her and that means $$$$. And let's face it, NASCAR teams, like any other business, is all about $$$$.

I, personally, don't like it and am going to find it very difficult to support her driving for SHR. I will probably just ignore her (as much as is possible) and focus on Tony & Ryan.

HH, I'm with you too. I won't be for Partick either when she moves over to here. She is just a so so driver, nothing special. As for how she displays herself, she's down right disgusting & a degrading disgrace to women, which fits right with selling her body (I'm not saying she sells her body, but her ads show other wise as if).

She's only doing good when she does good because of help from people. Let her get settled in NASCAR with contract full time & she won't be so lucky. She can drive the car, but that doesn't make her a racer either. I'm sure there's men in here that could run the car around the track as well & would fair just as well as she, but that doesn't make those men in here racers either.

Enough on the subject for me, I'm sure we all pretty much knows who's for whom & against or for the move with her as well. It will always be a non ending fuss among people whether in here or other sites as well.

Good luck Tony, you're gonna need it for how I feel.

I stand behind Tony & Ryan as drivers.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:56 pm

SW i always dig what you post and i respect what you just wrote, isnt it a good thing that there are people in nascar willing to help her improve? NOT JUST FOR HER BENEFIT, OPPS caps lock, but for their benefit too, so they feel comfortable racing around her? i for one am glad she is going to the NW series, that alone shows ya she dont have a ego, because someone with a ego wouldnt wanna start at a lesser level, look at all these drivers that come from other series, and they have lesser runs then danica and boom they have a cup ride and stink the joint up, she may not set the world on fire, but she will do good, she has improved a lot since last year, i think its great to see a woman race with the leaders, but keep in mind, she has earned that right, she has more experience than most women in nascar, she has been driving since she was a kid with a stint over in europe......
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Hmmmm, I think MJ just fell in Love with Danica :roll:
I'm stickin with SW & HH on this one. Very well said G Gangers :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:03 pm

im not in love, but i can give credit where credit is due.............
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

39_newman wrote:Does that mean we'll be adding a "Danica" tab to the index page?

I've learned to never say never, but if a tab is added, I doubt you'll see me there much. I'm not going to go out of my way to bash Danica, but I don't think I can cheer for her either. :|

"If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all" my mother taught me.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
39_newman wrote:Does that mean we'll be adding a "Danica" tab to the index page?

I've learned to never say never, but if a tab is added, I doubt you'll see me there much. I'm not going to go out of my way to bash Danica, but I don't think I can cheer for her either. :|

"If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all" my mother taught me.

My mother taught me to be honest.
Also if you dont want to hear the answer, dont ask the question :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm

^^^^ great answer,
Next

Return to The Lobby