Deadliest Catch - Season 7

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Deadliest Catch - Season 7

A bad start to the coming season:

Justin Tennison of 'Deadliest Catch' Dead at 33

By Zach Dionne Posted Feb 23rd 2011 05:33PM

'Deadliest Catch' star Justin Tennison was found dead in a Homer, Alaska, hotel room on Tuesday, TMZ reports. The fisherman on the Time Bandit boat was 33 years old.

Justin1.jpg
Justin Tennison
Justin1.jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 2895 times

"Discovery Channel is saddened by the passing of Time Bandit crew member Justin Tennison," the 'Deadliest Catch' network wrote in a statement. "We send our sympathies to his entire family and fellow crew members during this most difficult time."

TMZ says a search of the hotel room, registered to Tennison, turned up "a small amount of marijuana, as well as several bottles of alcohol in the refrigerator. Cops tell us they believe there had been a party in the room the night before."

Justin Tennison's death comes just a year after 'Deadliest Catch' star Capt. Phil Harris' passing in February 2010 after a stroke.

Lt. Randy Rosencrans tells USA Today that Tennison died of unknown causes and the state medical examiner's office was set to conduct an autopsy Wednesday afternoon.

Time Bandit Capt. Andy Hillstrand wrote on Facebook:

Justin fished commercially for many years, living in Alaska for 28 years. He worked on the Time Bandit, alongside his second cousin, Eddie Uwekoolani, Jr., serving as Engineer during the tendering seasons, and joined the Time Bandit crew as a deckhand fishing the Red King 2010 and Opilio 2011 seasons.

Justin was tough as a bull and was an all-around good hand. The Captains and Crew appreciated his hard work and many contributions this past year. We will miss him terribly and wish his family all the best during this most difficult time.

EW notes that Tennison's boat has started a memorial on the Time Bandit's official website. There, family and friends have begun sharing memories and condolences.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

did they ever settle the dispute they had last year?

If not, are they going to have a show this year?

my satellite contract is coming up, would like to know before making rational decisions regarding my tv :geek:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Hmmmmmmm, don't know him...i don't watch reality shows....

RIP Justin
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm

This is about the only reality show I did watch (got tired of Survivor and The Amazing Race never interested me, etc.) mainly because the captains & crews were such interesting "characters."

Yes, there will be a season 7, which is why I started this topic. It will feature a different mix of boats & crews. The Cornelia Marie will be returning after Capt. Phil's death with a new captain. The Discovery Channel isn't disclosing many other details.

You can read more HERE.

I won't know until I start watching the new season if I like it or not.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Oh I've enjoyed deadliest catch for years now, but I can't say I remember him specifically. Still sad news for someone so young, and thoughts go out to his family and friends.
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Must not be as unified a union as I thought out there.
If they were on the east coast, and Discovery pulled what they pulled on the Hillstrands, there wouldn't be anyone who would agree to let cameras on their boats, especially after another boat (not involved in the dispute) pulled out in support of another. The rest should've pulled out as well, giving discovery no show at all. This was all because the Hillstrands had second thoughts of doing a spin-off show, and discovery sued them over it.
I'm sure there would've been plenty of other cable networks that would've stepped in and given the fleet a show, if they all had backed each other up in the 1st place.

The Hillstrands go to court over a tv show, and Discovery stiull shows a new season w/o them and the Northwestern.
not sure I'm interested this time, especially if they show a lot more footage of that long-haired guy who restarted crab fishing last year. He put me to sleep, had a crappy crew, and was just a debbie-downer.

I'll be watching "Only In America" with Larry the Cable Guy and "Top Shot" a target shooting competition (some awesome shooters on that show)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 pm

I share your concern, jamo. Wasn't that captain's name, Bill, if I remember right. He wasn't very interesting... blah pesonality.

That's why I said I'll have to wait & see. It depends on the "characters" that are on this year. Losing the Hillstrands will hurt, I think.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Without the Hilstrands, Sig and Capt Phil Harris, there is NO Show !!! Won't be worth watching I'll bet.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

debora

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:24 pm

ditto! They made the show will surely miss it without them.
No Expectations No Disappointments.....
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Just a reminder, the season premier of The Deadliest Catch airs next Tuesday, April 12 at 9PM Eastern & Pacific time.

Also, Sig Hansen on the Northwestern and the Hillstrand brothers on the Time Bandit are listed under the boats & crews, so it looks like they will be returning to the show after all. :D

The complete list of boats and crews is listed HERE. Two new boats & crews I see in the list for this season are the Seabrooke and the Ramblin' Rose.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 pm

ive been catching up on earlier seasons this week.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Watching the re-runs kinda made me sad showing Phil saying he wouldn't be around much longer. I don't have any good feelings about the oldest son & his drug abuse. I hope they do good anyway.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 am

HH, remember they lost a ship last season and I think they lost most if not all of the crew. So you know the owner is going to have used that insurance money to replace that ship with one maybe two ships depending on how big and how much the other one was insured for and what he was able to buy these two for.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

duffygoofy

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 am

I watched the 2 hour show and its not the same without Capt.Harris.But his sons are back.
ImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 am

I agree it's not the same without Phil, but I knew that going in. At least the Hillstrand's and Sig came back. They didn't show much of "Wild Bill" in that 2 hours. The 2 "new" boats to the show sure have young captains.

Time will tell as the season moves along if it will continue to hold my interest. For now, I will give the new season the benefit of the doubt. :)

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to The Lobby