FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

advise needed

<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: advise needed

Thanks for sharing so much of Tommy's life with us. I'm glad he's at peace, and i'm sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry for my not-so-kind earlier response regarding your wife, obviously i had no idea she's only had one "real" loss in her life, and i wasn't supportive of the impossible situation that you were in. i guess since i'm a "cat mommy" i'm hyper-critical and overprotective of the four-legged, forgetting completely about the two-legged.

I hope you two look upon being with Tommy as he passed as a gift, he was with the two he loved most, what better way to go? He'll forever be in your hearts, and i hope, in time, you'll open your hearts to another little furball!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Midwestern smoke such a beautiful story. I read all the posts and can't say I enjoyed them as they are sad but really heartfelt. We didn't have a cat but a small dog and his name was Alfie. This dog was the center of attention as our children are grown and this dog craved my husbands attention. He put up with me just because he had to. He started having insulin at about 4 years old and developed a skin allergy that required medication. But the trooper he was he took the shots twice a day and never gave us a problem. He got to a point he wouldn't eat and he just had to with his diabetes so I baked chicken and shredded it and put it in with his prescription food. He really loved the chicken. I kept it in the fridge just for him. This all went on for 7 years and our Vet said when it was time to make a decision that he would never have lived that long without all the care he got. This was a precious dog and he kept us entertained. He has been gone 10 years and I still miss him. I know how you all feel and it's a bummer isn't it?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm

We all mourn your loss and that of your sweet Loretta. I am thankful for all of you who have shared your love stories about your furry family members.

The ole Garage Gang can be a tough place sometimes and not the easiest place to share such personal stories. I commend all of you who have done so....Group Hug guys.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

rosiepearl

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Here is my story. My son and I lost one of our cats in May. She became sick one day back in October and I took her to the vets. They examined her, asked me a few questions and told me that she had an upset stomach and that she'd be better in a couple of days. She did get better for a few months, then became sick again and had lost a little bit of weight, so I took her back to the vets. Since she wasn't showing definite signs of any one illness, they still thought that it was an upset stomach and gave me instructions on what kind of food to feed her. So, I took her back home and did what they said. A month later, she had lost a little more weight and her coat didn't look too good. I was going to take her back to the vets again, but I didn't get the chance because she passed away before I could do that. I found her in one of her favorite places in the house all curled up, just like she was sleeping. It was a shock for me and my son and we are not fully recovered from it. I bought a memorial garden stone to put in the garden with her name and her birth year and death year on it. It's hard when you lose a fury friend; they are definitely a big part of your family.
"Sometimes, you have to lose to win."
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:50 pm

OMG all your stories are so beautiful thanks you so much for sharing.
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Loretta went shopping yesterday at the Home Depot and picked up a sheppards hook w/ a butterfly on it, a nice bird feeder, and a heart shaped garden stone w/ a hummingbird on it (She loves hummingbirds) She placed the hook at the head of Tommy's grave, and hung the bird feeder above it. She placed the stone at the foot of the grave. I thought it was the coolest idea. I feel like in Tommy's death countless birds and sqirrels will be able to survive. So maybe something good can come from his death. I really loved it when I saw what she had done.

Azk8ster it's no big deal, how could you have known. The really sucky thing is...... Like I said she has only ever lost her mom, and it just so happens that Wed the 20th was the 10 year anniversarry of her mothers death. Now for her baby Tommy to go in the late night ours of Thurs the 21st it was pretty hard for her.

I would like to thank you all once again for your kind words, and for sharing your stories. Now I don't feel so rediculous for being so sad about losin Tommy. Your stories touched my heart, and I appreciate them all...... Thanx
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

aws14

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Cs, so glad your wife was able to spend his last minutes with him. I'm so glad you were able to lay him somewhere close. This has been a heart-wrenching story and it's hard for me to see through all the tears right now. You have many good memories to cherish. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.
Previous

Return to The Lobby