FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Prayers please

<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Prayers please

Hey all....could use a few prayers here if you are so inclined....for my Aunt who is not doing well and for me--that I am making the right decision-to have surgery on my back and then, when I do have the surgery, that all goes well.
Thanks!
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Re: Prayers please

prayers have been sent you and your Aunt...feel better my friend for you

In Honor of my nephew serving our country out of Baumholder Army Base in Germany.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Your aunt has my prayers indeed.

You my friend have been in my thoughts quite a bit after your injury. I know it must be a trying time for you since you are quite an active person. Much love sent your way and that surgery heals you.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid-John Wayne
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Oh JD....so sorry your back is still hurting...hope and pray for the very best decision and for a full and speedy recovery....my uncle just had the surgery on his back.... They made a small incision in his back, cleaned up some bone spurs , fused a vertebrae, and something else ...he said it was the best thing he had ever done...no more pain...I wish that for you.....and for a speedy recovery for your Aunt, too..
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Prayers being sent your way.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

alenigma

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:40 pm

jd, so sad to learn of your predicament. I will say prayers for your Aunt. I will pray for the Lord to give you strength. I had medical issues in 2004. My doctors never warned me about depression. It can kill you! Make sure to let friends and family KNOW about depression, it almost did me in. May the Guy Upstairs keep smiling upon you.-Alan
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks all! I really appreciate the prayers, thoughts and the kind and encouraging words :D
Unfortunately because of my disk issue, I can't travel with my brothers and sister to visit my aunt :(
I wish I could but I just wouldn't be able to tolerate 7-8 hours total (there and back) in the car. Though I am sending her my best through my siblings.

As for me, well...I have 3 choices as to what I can do. One is do nothing and live with it --definitely NOT an option, another is get a shot which if it works is temporary and only prolongs the inevitable and the 3rd option is the inevitable--surgery---do it now and be able to get back to living my life soon. I don't really want surgery, but given the options I really have no choice :| No date set for surgery yet--have to get it approved through my insurance and then it'll be when the doctor has an opening. Not looking forward to it, but I am staying positive that all will go well and I can be my active self before too long ;)
<<

sbertramrn

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm praying for you too. What type of surgery( if you don't mind sharing- you can PM me) I'm a nurse of 28 yrs and I might be able to answer any questions you have. I hope you get better soon!
Shari
<<

TeddyBearNC

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:50 pm

You have my prayers also. Lots of back problems in my family. Toughing it out is not an option. Those that I know have had back surgery feel that it was a wise decision. Always, though, follow Drs. orders and do the therapy. Best wishes for you and your aunt. Prayers DO work.
<<

Rachael J

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:15 am

Prayers sent your way....
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:56 am

I have seen my Dad go through disk replacement in his lower back, then he went back to have his hips done, to finally have his knees done. Because he kept putting it off it caused problems with the others by delaying what needed to be done.

Eventually he ended up not being able to drive between each surgery for a period of time while he healed. He found a good size SUV or full size pickup that was his best friend with a comfortable ride was best. He found a new liking to my truck with all the bells and whistles for awhile...easy to slide in and out of, no dropping into or climbing out of.

I remember my Dad was going to go against the will of the doctors and he was going to drive, so my Mom had me move the Chevy Avalanche out front of the house and park it between the house with the other side just even with a massive pine tree. Then she called for a delivery of loam to be dumped in front of the Avalanche. He can't drive it if he can't get around the tree or get around the house. Mind you, it was a matter of a few feet from the propane tank...so backing up was not really an option either. It took him more than a month to move that loam. I don't know who he was more ticked with, me or my mother.

My Dad is one of those that has a knack of doing things his way so you have to outsmart him and I think my Mom did just that.

JD, whatever you and our Heavenly Father decide to do, also do what the doctors say because you don't want to make things worse or undo everything you are trying to accomplish by being in a hurry to get back to normal. That will come in time.

In Honor of my nephew serving our country out of Baumholder Army Base in Germany.
<<

awsum14

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 am

JD, Thoughts and Prayers to you and your Aunt

If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

fanta_c

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:43 am

jdpirate wrote: I don't really want surgery, but given the options I really have no choice

So sorry to hear that you are so miserable, prayers going out to you and your aunt.

Question: was a Spinal Column Stimulator not a choice for you? If you haven't done a trial for one yet, I totally recommend that you look into it. Also, my mom swears by her TENS Unit; she says it's the only thing that helps her endure long car rides.

I'll be thinking of you, praying for you, too.
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:01 am

sbertramrn wrote:I'm praying for you too. What type of surgery( if you don't mind sharing- you can PM me) I'm a nurse of 28 yrs and I might be able to answer any questions you have. I hope you get better soon!

thanks! surgery on my lower back for herniated disks/pinched nerve. I'll send you a pm...ty
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

fanta_c wrote:
jdpirate wrote: I don't really want surgery, but given the options I really have no choice

So sorry to hear that you are so miserable, prayers going out to you and your aunt.

Question: was a Spinal Column Stimulator not a choice for you? If you haven't done a trial for one yet, I totally recommend that you look into it. Also, my mom swears by her TENS Unit; she says it's the only thing that helps her endure long car rides.

I'll be thinking of you, praying for you, too.

thanks fanta_c I have a TENS unit and have also used the ones at the chiropractors and physical therapists...but the help is very temporary :(
Next

Return to The Lobby