FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Money

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Money

My kids were going through some quarters looking to finish off their state coin book. In the quarters they had, one of them found a strange quarter one said.

So I take the quarter & look at it. It's not a quarter, it's a 1999, 1 Franc. I have no idea what value of coin it is. Anyone have any idea what I've got?
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Money

I have strange coins to that my dad gave me and i don't know any idea what igot neither. Gotta take them to a coin dealer.
ImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:33 pm

check with your local bank, I'm not sure if the Franc is worth much anymore since the Euro came into existence. If the bank can't help ya, look up your local coin dealer.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks for ideas. I tried looking on line but wasn't getting any place. I did see a picture of the coin I had, but it didn't give me any info.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:My kids were going through some quarters looking to finish off their state coin book. In the quarters they had, one of them found a strange quarter one said.

So I take the quarter & look at it. It's not a quarter, it's a 1999, 1 Franc. I have no idea what value of coin it is. Anyone have any idea what I've got?

S14W, I also collect the state quarters. If your kids have any interest, I have "circulated" Denver quarters to trade for Philadelphia quarters.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 pm

In 1999... I decided to start saving the 50 state quarters. Seemed like a nice little project. It was CRAZY for ten years, asking, trading, looking for just the right state to "finally" finish up the dang collection. :-)

Am I done? Oh no.... we have more than 50 states now... gotta get those....oh and let's start State Park Collections.... nickels with special presidents pics..... dollar coins with every president... special gold dollar coins... ARGGGG!!!!!!!!

I ask you collectors... LOL WHERE & WHEN does it ever end? LOL

Also Smoke14Wins.... according to Wiki ...1 franc USED to be worth one U.S. Nickel.

Any Francs minted prior to the world wars have value....

They were to be turned in, prior to 2005 for exchange. It has no money value now, only a collectors value. Sorry.

link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_franc
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to The Lobby