FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NHL Boston vs Canada

<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 31, 2011 11:27 am

NHL Boston vs Canada

Surprised Boston made it this far in about what,ten years?Would be great to see Boston pull it off,but i don't like the odds.
<<

jamo14

Post Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

Re: NHL Boston vs Canada

As much as I hate to say it, because I hate Vancouver, but I've felt all year that they would win it all.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 31, 2011 1:41 pm

hey jam, get that feelin with some of my teams paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaleeese
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

jamo14 wrote:As much as I hate to say it, because I hate Vancouver, but I've felt all year that they would win it all.

Yes,i do remember you posting that about the time the playoffs started Jamo.Vancouver has it all together and Bostons team isn't near as strong.What amazes me is how fast all these players skate compared to years gone by,guess the training is alot more intense and equiptment more advanced.
Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:35 am

On paper, the Canucks SHOULD win...but, as I've said before...I've seen'em choke too many times before to "believe it 'til I see it." ;)

...seems like everyone's thinkin' the Canucks are gonna' "walk" on the Bruins...I'm thinkin' that might be a bit optimistic? The Canucks(Sedins) have had trouble with teams with a "shut-down" defensive pair and a strong defensive forward...the Bruins have that in Chara/Seidenberg/Bergeron. I think the'll(if they play up to their ability) "contain" the Sedins, and Boston is getting better scoring throughout their(forwards) lineup. The key issues will be(IMO) special teams, how well does Boston handle Vancouver's Power Play and can their own Power Play put up any points? And, how well can Boston's defense match up offensively with the point production of Vancouver's defense so far?

...but, unlike a lot of people, I don't think it's gonna' be a "cake walk" for Vancouver...I'm thinkin'(if both teams play up to their potential/no more key injuries(even though Boston's down one of their top scorers already)...I'm thinkin' 6, quite possibly 7 games...whoever wins. ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:On paper, the Canucks SHOULD win...but, as I've said before...I've seen'em choke too many times before to "believe it 'til I see it." ;)

...seems like everyone's thinkin' the Canucks are gonna' "walk" on the Bruins...I'm thinkin' that might be a bit optimistic? The Canucks(Sedins) have had trouble with teams with a "shut-down" defensive pair and a strong defensive forward...the Bruins have that in Chara/Seidenberg/Bergeron. I think the'll(if they play up to their ability) "contain" the Sedins, and Boston is getting better scoring throughout their(forwards) lineup. The key issues will be(IMO) special teams, how well does Boston handle Vancouver's Power Play and can their own Power Play put up any points? And, how well can Boston's defense match up offensively with the point production of Vancouver's defense so far?

...but, unlike a lot of people, I don't think it's gonna' be a "cake walk" for Vancouver...I'm thinkin'(if both teams play up to their potential/no more key injuries(even though Boston's down one of their top scorers already)...I'm thinkin' 6, quite possibly 7 games...whoever wins. ;)

I Agree,Boston has surprised alot of us thus far and so far 1st period tonight o-o and some fighting already! Love it! :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 pm

dang those canucks are playing a lot of girlie hockey
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:55 am

I hope they keep playing that way too, cause I would LOVE to be wrong about my prediction

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 am

they have no defense what so ever
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 am

I wonder if the Aaron Rome suspension has affected their lines.
He was an early 1st period defenseman, not sure if he was on the 1st or 2nd line, but giving up 12 points in 2 games is aweful.

If they even smell a Stanley Cup loss, Vancouver will hit even harder, and care less about getting the puck in the net. That's how they played the Blackhawks the last 2 years....go after hits & checks, not the puck

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:56 am

their new thing is taking dives, even a novice fan can see it, but thankfully the ref arent calling it, boston deserves it right now, playing solid hockey on both ends
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 am

jamo14 wrote:I wonder if the Aaron Rome suspension has affected their lines.
He was an early 1st period defenseman, not sure if he was on the 1st or 2nd line, but giving up 12 points in 2 games is aweful.

If they even smell a Stanley Cup loss, Vancouver will hit even harder, and care less about getting the puck in the net. That's how they played the Blackhawks the last 2 years....go after hits & checks, not the puck

Actually, it's the injury to Hamhuis that's the bigger issue for Vancouver, Rome's meh. Vancouver's a better north/south team, more speed, better passing...Boston's a better on the boards and dump and chase/shoot and crash the net. With the ice in the condition it's been the last couple games in Boston(choppy, from the heat) it suits Boston's style better. The next game will be VERY interesting, I expect it'll be back to the tight defense, low scoring of the first two games...but, then again, I NEVER thought Boston would have dominated the way they did the last two games.
Image Image
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 am

michaeljohn wrote:their new thing is taking dives, even a novice fan can see it, but thankfully the ref arent calling it, boston deserves it right now, playing solid hockey on both ends

...that's a 'trademark' of the Sedin's...get anywhere close to them and they throw themselves to the ice, like watchin' soccer. :roll: If they get a hang nail they probably roll around on their living room floor. :lol:
Image Image
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Don't know what it's gonna be like back in Vancouver Fri.night,but i sure hope Boston can continue with the momentum they built the past two weeks. :D Haven't been this excited since i was a kid with Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito,Wayne Cushman ect. 1972, holy crap that's a long time!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

jamo14 wrote:I hope they keep playing that way too, cause I would LOVE to be wrong about my prediction

Love for you to be wrong too jamo,i've been waiting so long i forgot the year Boston last won the Cup {1972}.Im getting a little gitty over this and like most everyone,i wasn't even expecting what we've seen the past two games.Least if Boston wins the Cup,i didn't wait as long as the RedSocks winning the World series.
Next

Return to The Lobby