FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dog or pet thread

<<

azk8ster

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 am

Re: dog or pet thread

<<<<<This is Bandit, my almost 9-year-old 25-30 pound tuxedo cat. He has a sister (as opposed to a litter-mate), Baby Brat, who might weigh 4 pounds soaking wet (she's 8 years old). She's also a black-and-white tuxedo cat. They are BFFs, and it never ceases to warm my heart when they lay next to each other and Bandit puts one of his arms (or legs) around her.

I just moved back to Ohio from Arizona last week...I know, I know, I tried to stay until after the Phoenix race, but circumstances dictated other wise (damm1t) - I had four other cats that I had to surrender to the Humane Society. I gave them the best life I could for them, and feel immense guilt because I had to leave them. Bailey I had for 12 years, Buster for 11, Blaze for 7, and Donkey for 4. I never EVER thought i'd ever have to choose between my furbabies and my "real" family (which is why I had to move). I came back to look after my Mom and brother (special needs), and they have two cats here already, and I had to pretty much refuse to come before Mom said I could bring two of them.

Thanks for starting this thread, MJ! Anyone who's a pet lover is A-OK with me!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 am

Thank you for sharing, it's hard to give up your pets. I have found it easier to pray that they find good homes. I would do this when I was volunteering at our local shelter because crazy me would become attached to some of the animals that came in. I would be the one who got to first pet a feral cat and to calm them down so they would be adoptable.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 am

thank you kim and smokie for answering that, im not too good with abbreviations :)
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks MJ.......let's keep this post going.....it is one of the better one's here! We all love our fur babies.....heart and soul! They always love you unconditionally.......you can't say that about many people.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm

azk8ster - so sorry to hear the story about having to give up the cats. :-(

It's a story we can all relate to, at some point in our lives, I think. After reading your story today, I'm sure many pet lovers will give their pets, some extra love, attn & gratitude, for "being there" for us. :-)

Hope the new move works out for you! :-) Taking care of family can be very stressful, as some of know already. If you ever need any help or support from the board, just holler & we'll have your back. :-)

Come on people... tell some more pet stories! :-)

HT - Loved the 2nd pic of Jackson! His dignity has been restored... LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

I just got home and was greeted by our 3 Pit Bulls. First Stinger and Storm, then we had to lock them up because SoKay wanted to come out to see me. We sorta inherited SoKay when her owner, my best friend, passed away about a month ago. Her ex-husband had told her that she kills cats, I've got cats and she hasn't attempted to kill them. She will lie down and let them rub against her. I said I loved animals, lol.
<<

Summergirl

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

I love Pit Bulls!!! I am new to the site, so have patience. I have a ten year old Rottie and we had to put down our nine year old Lab mix about three weeks ago, so we are all still a little sad. Luckily NASCAR has started up again, so we have racing to distract us! I have been a Smoke fan since I started watching back in 2004. We live in S. Florida, but hope to move to racing country in NC down the line when we retire. I also have cats, turtles, hedgehogs, and fish.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm

My little "Sammy"...Still can't figure out if he was laughing or yawning. :lol: :lol:

...Image.. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 pm

My little "Squeaker" ^^^^^^^"Sammy's" sister.......

Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

This is NOT posed......it was the first cold day either of them had been a part of. They were only about 6 months old. We came downstairs and found 'em like this...... 8-)

Image..... :shock:
color]
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Awwww, Midwesternsmokie. Those are adorable pics. And Summergirl, welcome to the site. If someone would have told me 5 yrs ago that I'd be in the same room as a Pit, let alone allow one to lick my hand I would have laughed at them.
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 am

Kim and Smokie, thanks for the shoulders! Trust me, Kim, I agonized over the decision to surrender them. Pet overpopulation is a HUGE problem in the Phoenix area, and every rescue I contacted could not take them, as they're all overwhelmed.

Can someone offer advice (i know, AGAIN!) on how to post pictures? I'd love to show my babies (and former babies) off, and I promise I won't go overboard! type slowly with any instructions, i have such a hard time with technology, LOL! If i had to explain how I got my avatar picture here, I honestly could not tell you...
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

one story i remember of frehley was when she was almost a year old, for a lab she was always a small dog, i went to the humane society and she was the only dog that sat there and didnt bark, so that was a reason i got her, anyway in the spring of 99 i took her for a ride and she had the habbit of sitting in my lap as drove, well this one time she kept her head out the window, propped herself up and jumped out my suv as i was doing about 20 mph, all i seen in the side mirror was her bouncing off the street......... i stopped to go chase her, she sat in the middle of the street until i got her, some people sitting on their porches actually thought i tossed her out the window, i think to this day when we go for a ride she thinks to that day (if dogs can do that) and she cries the whole time until we get home.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 am

azk8ster wrote:Can someone offer advice (i know, AGAIN!) on how to post pictures? I'd love to show my babies (and former babies) off, and I promise I won't go overboard! type slowly with any instructions, i have such a hard time with technology, LOL! If i had to explain how I got my avatar picture here, I honestly could not tell you...

If the photo(s) is on your PC, here are instructions (with pictures) on how to upload them to the site.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1456&p=16303&#p16303

Click on each of the instruction screen shots to open them full size, or use the vertical scrollbar, so you can see all the notations.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Saw a local news story recently about the excess of pets. Oklahoma is exporting unwanted pets to Minnesota for adoption. Minnesota has a shortage of pets. Its a great solution, but neutering is still important. Wish I lived close enough to Rescue Ranch to volunteer there.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby