FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Kurt gets wrecked by Bowyer

<<

racer1

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:58 pm

So Kurt gets wrecked by Bowyer

Posted this to see why no Kurt fans have mentioned this as I know he has some fans here? Kurt had a decent race going until this happened & right at the end for the worst part, but Harvick might not have won without this last caution as they mentioned on Race Hub today? I feel bad for him & wonder if he'll try to retaliate in 2 weeks against Bowyer, although Nascar doesn't really allow that or so they say? On Race Hub they basically said it was just Darlington hard racing--OK--but the bad luck for SHR trying to get ALL 4 cars to finish a race without problems continues? :roll:
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 am

Re: So Kurt gets wrecked by Bowyer

Racer1,

Kurt has some fans, I'm one of them. He got dumped after making a move to pass 4 or five guys. Had to get off the gas so he didn't take out Larson. For a moment I was a bit upset, but then I thought about it. Kurt rattled JJ pretty good at Martinsville by using the bumper and many could have made a huge deal about it. But like I said, that was old school racing. Kurt knew it was time to go, made a move and went for it, but Boyer knew it was time to go so he went. I do not think that Boyer did it on purpose and probably apologized to Kurt. No retaliation needed from Kurt is needed. Still have that W in the win column. We will have to see what happens.

A.B.E.
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 am

A.B.E.

Thanks for covering that. There was a buncha discussion in chat room regarding that.

I missed the run-up to the incident, so had no basis from which to make
a judgement.

I am most happy, so far, with Kurt's behavior. He has had no melt downs,
no notable outbursts that I am aware of, so far this season.

That guy has worked his butt off getting himself back into a
first tier ride. I think he is more than aware, if he muffs this ride
up, he will be relegated to single car teams for the rest of his career.
We should also give kudos to his lady accomplice, it seems she has
been a major influence in his rehabilitation.

Although I am not a big Kurt fan, as a buddy of mine said....
he IS a Champion..... even if the Luckiest in recent memory.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Searchers

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:38 pm

I too have been a little surprised at the lack of activity in the KB thread.

Until the OP on this thread it had gone almost a week without a posting.

Considering his win, I think he is doing better than I expected.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Bowyer's a goober....he's the one who caused the dust-up between KH and KB at the same track a couple of years back. Unless you're that good, you know better than to go 3 wide coming outta turn 4 at Darlington. There ARE some that can do it buuuuuut, they're few and far between
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Anyone else see this from jayski as some curious about Kurt maybe in F1 he says NO as heres his quotes about that:

"At 35, Busch said it won't be him racing a Haas Formula One car. "My time has passed to be a competitive driver in F1," Busch said. "But a test session? I'd jump on that every time. They're going to have hard time keeping me out of the shop, from hanging out."
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 am

Racer1,

Liked I said, Kurt is a driver, and will drive anything. We argued about the double, but yet he is doing it so good luck to him. He ran competed in Top Fuel Drag cars and did ok. V8 super cars and drove a few times in the Rolex 24. As far as F1. Kurt would jump at a shot to test like he said, but a career not so much. His roots are more stock car, his brother is here, and like he said. He may just be to old to commit to a F1 career. That would be awesome though for him to fill in maybe at one race. Maybe that can draw some interest from more Americans to watch F1. Pretty sure he wouldn't win in F1, but a top ten would be great.

A.B.E.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 am

If it were to be anybody, I'd bet Kyle would do it and do it well. I remember a few yrs back, Kyle said that he told like leave NASCAR when he was 30-32 yrs old and give F1 a shot. We'll see I guess.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]

Return to Kurt Busch