FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bad Luck

<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Bad Luck

Just when you thought Kurt Luck was changing, along came Kyle.

Tires caused Kurt to go a lap down running on threads allowed the leaders to lap him after he was leading. But then something happened. A caution came out and for once in a long time Kurt got a break, and may have had a chance for a win or at least a good finish. Then.... Kyle spins, Kurt with know where to go damages the car and is out of the race. I guess that is just racing.

If it weren't for bad luck Kurt wouldn't have any luck at all. Many may say he deserves it, but at some point the guy deserves a break.

A.B.E.
<<

14Smokem

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: Bad Luck

A.B.E.

I'm thinkun Kurt is a really happy guy.
He is in a top level team.
Racin means poop happens.
He has been very fast.
Wrinkles WILL work out.

And as best I know... he has not had any melt downs....
Life is good in Kurtville....... :D :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

i know i dissed the new points system, but this is one case where there's still a glimmer of hope for the 41 team to pull off a victory somewhere and still get into the chase.

They had a good chance until the rain delay hit. But no use crying over spilled milk, plenty of other top contenders had really bad luck. It just felt like a war of attrition like the old bristol.
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm

To suggest Kurts still happy after all this is doubtfull as hes far to competitive to take this in stride. Although bad things happen to lots of drivers every race, him & other SHR drivers are having a bad start for the new season despite Harvicks win already which is the highlight so far. Theres clearly a black cloud hanging over SHR when they cant finish a race with all 4 drivers, without some of them having major issues EVERY race--so far. Hopefully Fontana will change things to better-- as cant get much worse??
<<

14Smokem

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

racer1 wrote:To suggest Kurts still happy after all this is doubtfull as hes far to competitive to take this in stride. Although bad things happen to lots of drivers every race, him & other SHR drivers are having a bad start for the new season despite Harvicks win already which is the highlight so far. Theres clearly a black cloud hanging over SHR when they cant finish a race with all 4 drivers, without some of them having major issues EVERY race--so far. Hopefully Fontana will change things to better-- as cant get much worse??

Last year Kurt ran with limited funds, and support.
This year he is with a top tier team.
Kurt is not the proud owner of JJ's lost golden horse shoe.
There have been no publicized melt downs.

I would guess that in Kurt's world.... that might indicate "happy"...???

Although I'm guessing SHR is NOT at all happy with their results....

NOBODY is on suicide watch there....!!!! :D :D :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Note: The #78 was running better with Kurt last season than it is now with Truex so far and I think I said this would hold true before this season even started. ;)
What I do find shocking is the fact Kurt hasn't been able to be in a better points position now than he was last year. :? A lot of bad luck for both him and Kevin! :x
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !

Return to Kurt Busch